• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

CLASSIC PLAYERS

BUCK SHELFORD
<
....im bringing him back...
old skool cullen,jeff wilson,olo brown,joeli vidiri,serevi,iceman jones,zinny brooke,fitzpatrick

im also gonna create some league players....
ali lauatiti-openside flank
darren lockeyer-1st five
matt utai-wing
andrew johns-1st five
gordan tallis-8
willie mason-8
stacey jones-1st five
gary tupou-wing

Originally posted by nui1stxv@Feb 10 2005, 10:11 PM
19. Laksangasongpong!!!! (just like the name)
ohh i love that, its so funny in j lo rugby, when just randomly it goes LAKSANGASONGPONG! and also in the samoan? team, well one of the island ones, theve got a dude who is called harder, and the comintators say a line, [insert name here] down at the bottom, when there at the bottom of the ruck, so the comintators say "harder down at the bottom"

Anyway, yeah bring back buck, colin meads (as the lock not one of his onther 15 positons), grant fox, sean fitpatric

Originally posted by SharksFan+Feb 10 2005, 10:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SharksFan @ Feb 10 2005, 10:05 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 9 2005, 09:06 AM

Classic players I'd probably create:

South Africans
Hennie "The Greyhound" Muller
Uli Schmidt
Danie Gerber
What position did Hennie Muller play and who did he play for.
Just can't recall him. [/b]
He played 8 man in the 1950's. One second . . . go . . . here . . .

South African Rugby Hall of Fame

He played for the Springboks from '49 - '53, his province was Transvaal. He was a part of the South African team that dicked the All Blacks 4 games to 0 in 1949, and completed the first (ever) Grand Slam of all the home nations, plus France, in 1951/52 (which included the Murrayfield Massacre in Nov '51.)

The one compliment that sticks out the most when I remember reading about him is that he basically re-invented the 8-man position, making it something akin to what it is today.

Check out the Hall of Fame link above if you haven't been there before, pretty cool site.

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Feb 10 2005, 10:26 PM
im ren lockeyer-1st five
matt utai-wing
andrew johns-1st five
gordan tallis-8
willie mason-8
stacey jones-1st five
gary tupou-wing
That's a good idea.

Originally posted by Wally+Feb 12 2005, 11:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Feb 12 2005, 11:59 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Feb 10 2005, 10:26 PM
im ren lockeyer-1st five
matt utai-wing
andrew johns-1st five
gordan tallis-8
willie mason-8
stacey jones-1st five
gary tupou-wing
That's a good idea. [/b]
im ren lockeyer?...wtf

gary toupu or wateva hes name is is this new winger that came in for broncos at end of season n hes massive hes biga then sailor n tuquri

spose the Aussie rugby union are gonna try poach him!! wouldnt surprise me. league poached enuf rugby players in the mid 90's anyways. Bet he's a big tongan, or sum islander!! It's that bloody cornedbeef and taro they eat!!
<
<

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Feb 13 2005, 06:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Feb 13 2005, 06:44 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally@Feb 12 2005, 11:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Feb 10 2005, 10:26 PM
im ren lockeyer-1st five
matt utai-wing
andrew johns-1st five
gordan tallis-8
willie mason-8
stacey jones-1st five
gary tupou-wing

That's a good idea.
im ren lockeyer?...wtf [/b]
Yeah I don't know. I mean adding league players would be good.

Originally posted by nui1stxv@Feb 13 2005, 02:15 PM
spose the Aussie rugby union are gonna try poach him!! wouldnt surprise me. league poached enuf rugby players in the mid 90's anyways. Bet he's a big tongan, or sum islander!! It's that bloody cornedbeef and taro they eat!!
<
<
correct...he is infact a giant tongan...10points to you
<
..they compared him to lomu...thats why im excited for him this season...hopefully he can play for the kiwis

Originally posted by nui1stxv@Feb 13 2005, 02:15 PM
<
<
who did union poach? apart from the more recent ones..
wut about matthew ridge? didnt he use to play union first? and Marc Ellis AND John Kirwan AND Andrew Johns... nah i was kiddin bout the last one.. but does anyone remember how John kirwan went to play for the warriors bak in the day wen they had just started up?.. i just remembered that now, one of the greatest wingers of all time

that gary dude is not all that good
<

he got shut down against cowboys and is just like matty utai in defence(crap)

he's fast but wen sum1 applies pressure he's not all that good!

but id like to see more of his running game so instead of putting him winger why not center?

Latest posts