• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Edinburgh v Cardiff Blues

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Edinburgh.png
Cardiff.png

Edinburgh v Cardiff Blues</div>

The Blues obviously have 1 eye on next weekend given the side that Dai Young has picked, it shouldn't be too much of a gamble given they had a decent runout last week in the EDF semi final.

Nine players have been rested for the trip to the Scottish capital.

Edinburgh will be looking to keep the momentum going from last week's comfortable win over Connacht and a win would see them go up to 3rd in the standings and given the relative strength of their opponents that looks a decent bet.

Edinburgh: Chris Paterson, Andrew Turnbull, Ben Cairns, Nick De Luca, Simon Webster, Phil Godman, Mike Blair (capt), Kyle Traynor, Ross Ford, Geoff Cross, Craig Hamilton, Jim Hamilton, Scott Newlands, Alan MacDonald, Allister Hogg.
replacements: Andrew Kelly, Gavin Kerr, Scott MacLeod, Matt Mustchin, Greig Laidlaw, David Blair, John Houston.

Cardiff Blues: Ben Blair; Chris Czekaj; Jamie Robinson, Jamie Roberts; Leigh Halfpenny; Nicky Robinson, Richie Rees; John Yapp, T Rhys Thomas, Gary Powell, Bradley Davies, Paul ***o (capt), Ben White, Robin Sowden Taylor, Sam Warburton
Replacements: Taufa'ao Filise, Gareth Williams, Deiniol Jones, Scott Morgan, Darren Allinson, Ceri Sweeney, Richard Mustoe

Close close close game! Where Edinburgh will probably edge the Blues out although Id like to see Warburton have a massive game!

16-3 in the end to Edinburgh, doesn't sound like it was the greatest of games either, but seemingly better from Edinburgh in the second half.

From what I head a bit of a stodgy game, Edinburgh not able to capitalise and possesion. A bonus win should've been the target, and looking at the teams i thought it might have been possible. But that's 5 wins from 5 at home now, so can't complain too much. League probably beyond us now, but I see no reason why we can't play some attractive winning rugby that the Scottish rugby public is starved of.

Sorry Edinburgh_Gunner, I don't agree it should have been an easy bonus point.

Blues had a fair few of the young guns out, but most of them have played for wales, Bradely, Yappers, etc! I hope nobody picked up any injuries for the important game next saturday.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bluemoon @ Apr 4 2009, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Sorry Edinburgh_Gunner, I don't agree it should have been an easy bonus point.

Blues had a fair few of the young guns out, but most of them have played for wales, Bradely, Yappers, etc! I hope nobody picked up any injuries for the important game next saturday.[/b]

Great to see young sam warburton on the pitch and at his favoured number 8 position, he has had a fantastic few years, last year captaining the welsh U20s at the world cup and this year has been a star amognst the Glamorgan Wanderers

Great player with huge potential for wales and the Lions in four years.

Dai young is doing a grand job there despite the many dissappointing results this year in the magners league...

Aye, but it was a very young Blues team playing a young, but far more experienced, Edinburgh team at Murrayfield. That's why it's a bonus point oppurtunity missed.

Latest posts