• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Edinburgh v Leinster

A

An Tarbh

Leinster squad is out for our opening game of the season. None of the internationals yet but still a pretty strong team should take the field.

Wonder whether Luke Fitzgerald will make an appearance after his rapid rise through the ranks, that's if he hasn't received some treatment in the contact sessions.

Leinster squad to face Edinburgh: Michael Berne, Gary Brown, Adam Byrnes, Felipe Contepomi, Reggie Corrigan, Guy Easterby, Owen Finegan, Luke Fitzgerald, Will Green, Jamie Heaslip, Trevor Hogan, Bernard Jackman, Rob Kearney, Stephen Keogh, Kieran Lewis, Ross McCarron, Ronan McCormack, Sean O'Brien, Niall Ronan, Harry Vermaas, Christian Warner, Chris Whitaker.

We have our first team available and should win, hopeully with a bonus point. At the end of last year, if the SRU hadn't made that stupid choice to withdraw the internatonals for the BaBas game, then from what I saw I think we would have won.

I don't know about a bonus point win, sure our backline will be weakened but we should still have some decent players out there and a formidable half back pairing, our pack will be strong enough only missing O'Kelly and Gleeson out of the internationals. Still think the Gunners should win but I don't think it'll be easy.

I think we'll get the bonus point, but it won't be a over by half time game. We'll need Paterson to kick the penalties to give us a security to go out and attack Leinster without risking the game. Our back line is full of pace and flair and the crash ball special with Dewey will be in order!

Well it's not the worst starting lineup we could have named. A win is a tough ask but it's certainly not unatainable.

15: Rob Kearney
14: Gary Brown
13: Kieran Lewis
12: Michael Berne
11: AN Other*
10: Felipe Contepomi CAPTAIN
9: Chris Whitaker

1: Ronan McCormack
2: Harry Vermaas
3: Will Green
4: Trevor Hogan
5: Owen Finegan
6: Stephen Keogh
7: Niall Ronan
8: Jamie Heaslip

I think Leinster could pull off a win. It's a strong backline and a good back row, not to mention the positive impact Whitaker will have from scrumhalf.

But consider this, our backline is quite possibly going to be the full Scottish back line for this year, and our back row is probably the best in the league even without Taylor.

9-6 for Leinster at half time, should have had a try right before the break but managed to overcomplicate things, chances though for the Gunners as well, dropping the ball right on the line. Hardly a classic but I'd take a win.

Edinburgh 20-14 Leinster

We dropped the ball far too much and didn't run forwards at times. If we'd taken out chances it would have been alot worse for Leinster but it's a decent result all the same. Hogg played fantastic, and Hodge played ok for the 10 mins he was on for. Sadly Webster got taken to hospital and he'll be out for a bit.

We'll need a much better performance against Ulster next week.

Some improvements from Leinster on last season, for sure we wouldn't have come away with a bonus point. Edinburgh really should have put us away and will need to be more clinical if they want a win next week, it'll be a much stronger side they come up against that's for sure.

Yeah, I think we will improve but it's gonne be alot of work needed.

go us

did you see the leinster guys with their tops off?
they were funny as ****

Latest posts