• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

I'd still drop Hill, get Lawes in the 2nd row and play Underhill at 6.

Also Ford to start, Smith to bench and Farrell jettisoned to the Sun but that's just wishful thinking.

Also Ford to start, Smith to bench and Farrell jettisoned to the Sun but that's just wishful thinking.
Not Lawes in the row, he just isn't strong enough there.

Also why drop Smith? He's the incumbent who's playing really well. Let Ford bench and prove he can do it at international level.

Not Lawes in the row, he just isn't strong enough there.

Also why drop Smith? He's the incumbent who's playing really well. Let Ford bench and prove he can do it at international level.
Because Ford has proven he can do it and despite everyone has gone gung ho Smith actually hasn't shown much at international level that makes him super special. That isn't to say Smith isn't good and will eventually take over he's just massively overhyped currently.

But honestly id take it both will play extremely well without Farrell weighing them down.

Don't really care if it's Smith or Ford starting, just keep Farrell away from 10 or 12.

Because Ford has proven he can do it and despite everyone has gone gung ho Smith actually hasn't shown much at international level that makes him super special. That isn't to say Smith isn't good and will eventually take over he's just massively overhyped currently.

But honestly id take it both will play extremely well without Farrell weighing them down.
You're just salty cause he told Bath to shove their offer

FF7pq4qVEAE6QoN

Heard it here first, stick with Faz and Ford, Smith gets handed off resulting in the tackle not being completed, clearly not international quality.

Hadn't Youngs won like 3 premierships by the time he was Smith's age?
Was about 12 years old when he started playing for Tigers 1sts

I think if it was the 2020 6N's I'd start Ford and bench Smith. However, as we're less than 2 years out to the world cup I'd want him to get as much experience as possible with Ford as cover on the bench.

Looking ahead to the 6N how many nailed on starters do we have?

3. Sinckler
4. Itoje
5. Hill by default
6. Lawes although reverting to Underhill not impossible
7. Curry (better not be 8)
9. Youngs
11. May (but needs to start turning in some performances)
13. Slade (although maybe at 12)
15. Steward

Probables:

2. LCD. If George isn't fit LCD should be nailed on.
10. Smith. There's no reason not to continue with him.

Up for grabs:

1. Marler or Genge depending on form. Marler probably still best all round but Genge is longer term and possible FEC? Mako always an option.

8. Will probably depend on which way the wind is blowing / side of bed Jones gets out of.

12. Who knows? Slade / Farrell / Manu…..

14. We had Marchant, Tuilago and Radwan in the Autumn. Also Malins to think about.

I wouldn't consider Manu due to his injury record nor Farrell as he's long been out of form. But Jones has history of playing both when fit.

Really hope (and don't think) Youngs is nailed on. Really hope Jones gets off his high horse and realises we don't have that many games before the World Cup now so actually need to bin off the dead wood now.

TBH I'm OK with Youngs starting while we bring Raffi through - it's a different situation atm because we're actually looking at someone else, not just playing Youngs for 79-80 mins every game
No other 9 has been trusted as much as Raffi was vs SA since Care was on the scene

Yep. Totally agree.

I don't think Youngs should be a nailed on starter, but at the same time, I'm not sure there is another 9 who has really challenged him that hard. Robson did in fits and starts but typically saved his bad performances for when Eddie was watching.

Quirke is the most promising challenger we've had in a while and Mitchell is playing really well, so hopefully they get game time in the 6N.

Latest posts