• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2021/22

Yeah, that's why I put 'probably'. Isn't the isolation period 5 now anyway?

Yeah, that's why I put 'probably'. Isn't the isolation period 5 now anyway?
Did they change it in Scotland?

7 Days allowed out on day 8 if days 6 and 7 are clear

Apparently the Castres hooker Barlot who Marler played against on Friday has also gone down with COVID.

Must be the scrums. Do away with them I say. A blight on our game!

HHmmm i wonder where this leaves Farrells international career...?

Misses the 6n.
Summer tour (im assuming there will be one) - Ojomoh, Kelly will probably be blooded...Lawrence back in the set up possibly
AI's - Depends on aboves performances in the summer...

Farrell might be struggling for a spot...

Unlikely, with EJ in charge
I would honestly be amazed if he wasn't in the 23 for the RWC (barring injury)
Curry as captain
Cometh the hour, cometh the man
England Rugby Premrugby GIF by Sale Sharks Rugby

HHmmm i wonder where this leaves Farrells international career...?

Misses the 6n.
Summer tour (im assuming there will be one) - Ojomoh, Kelly will probably be blooded...Lawrence back in the set up possibly
AI's - Depends on aboves performances in the summer...

You can cut one of his legs off and Eddie will still pick him as he's too stubborn and can't admit he's wrong ever.

Jonny Hill apparently is touch and go for the Scotland game as he's suffering from a stress fracture.

Which means everyone's favourite 2nd row, Charlie Ewels, will be starting alongside Itoje.

Unless Isiekwe is ripping it up in training?

Not to dismiss concussion too lightly, but Lawes is absent because of RTP protocols this week. There's nothing to say he misses the Scotland game as yet.

If Hill is out, then I'd prefer to move Lawes back in to the row and have one of our other back row players at 6.

You can cut one of his legs off and Eddie will still pick him as he's too stubborn and can't admit he's wrong ever.
Less sure on that.

For all his misguided loyalty, once Jones decides someone's time is up he can be bloody ruthless. His hand may have been forced but there's now a whole championship worth of opportunities for a new midfield and captain to make their mark. If they do it might be farewell Faz, if they don't then he'll almost certainly be back and a fixture through to France.

On a personal level you have to feel for Faz. But injuries and the opportunities they present for others are part and parcel of professional sport.

If Hill's out I want Isiekwe as a straight swap.

Looking at this list of injuries it really does add credence that we don't manage our players as well as the other home nations. We constantly have half of our starting XV injured. In fact the only time we haven't in the last decade we reach a WC final
Although I'm not unhappy about Farrell's injury

Not to dismiss concussion too lightly, but Lawes is absent because of RTP protocols this week. There's nothing to say he misses the Scotland game as yet.

If Hill is out, then I'd prefer to move Lawes back in to the row and have one of our other back row players at 6.

Ludlam at 6 or one of the no.8s, do you think?

I think the days of Lawes being a 2nd row are pretty much done tbh, he last played there in 2019 (both for club & country) and he's been at 6 every since.

Also him and Itoje are too lightweight to start together in the row that it buggers your scrum and against Scotland you'll need some ballast as their front 5 are very good (they've certainly got a more traditional looking tight 5 than us).

Probably, but I'd take him as a lock over and above Ewels every day of the week.

My preference would be to leave him at 6 and hope Isiekwe's familiarity with Itoje would come in to the equation but I'm not holding my breath.

Latest posts