• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Saxons to tour South Africa in June

Bloody hell, Ashton must have really upset Eddie, as he's not in the Saxons squad either.

Bloody hell, Ashton must have really upset Eddie, as he's not in the Saxons squad either.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NmPhaG1ud38" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They'll need a lot of salt - have you seen the size of their shoulder chips?

Mind, at least there aren't many of them; so maybe there is enough.

They'll need a lot of salt - have you seen the size of their shoulder chips?

Mind, at least there aren't many of them; so maybe there is enough.

Meanwhile Saracens enjoy a club record attendance.

o-MARLINS-ATTENDANCE-2013-facebook.jpg

On current form, the pack should be

1. Hepburn
2. Taylor
3. Brookes
4. Lees
5. Attwood
6. Ewers
7. Kvesic
8. Armand

Seems a bit lumpy in second row and even though Armand is a lineout demon, I cant imagine Kvesic is (could be wrong) and lifting Dave Ewers is a bit of a feat... who would be the lineout caller? scrum would move forward well enough though

Perhaps, but that's usually well publicised, and I couldn't find anything about him having a grandparent.

99% certain two of his grandparents are/were English, although can't find a source.

Edit: 99% certain that I've heard that, no primary research here!

I'm fairly confident that a very large percentage of white Zimbabweans would be EQP.

I wish we had a possibles vs probables so Ewers and Kvesic could put Robshaw and Haskell in their stupid places.

Any more info on why? I'm as keen as anyone to jump on the guy's back and call him every name under the sun but maybe he has a good reason we don't know about ...

His ego ?

- - - Updated - - -

It made me spit last night. On Rugby tonight, when Kay and especially Healey, were mortified at Ashtons non inclusion of aussie squad, they couldn't believe it. For a moment I thought they were talking about Jonah Lomu. I cant under stand why they ,and a lot of press, have such an inflated regard for Ashton. I do find it very strange.

At one point if looked like he was right up in Eddies thoughts. Then he copped a ban which he probably feels was a big harsh. Then Jones publicly says he has bits of his game to fix and leaves him out of the senior squad in favour of Yarde who hasn't torn up a single tree in about 6 years.

He's 29 now and if he's interpreted that as the end of his internal career I can totally understand why he'd prefer a break and a good preseason with his club where he's appreciated than trolling around SA with the stiffs for no obvious gain. Saxons selection is more a kick in the teeth than an honour when you've got 40 odd caps.

He's become a pantomime villain - plenty of others swallow dive over the line, but only he got vilified for it. Sure he's got evident flaws, but sometimes in all this we overlook just how good a player he is. Saracens haven't got much wrong recently and they seem to value him.

I'm pretty sure the matches will be televised. Unfortunately our local Sports broadcaster only shows it's televised schedule 2 weeks in advance, so I can't see the broadcasts for the matches yet.

What has been confirmed so far are the venues and the times of the matches:

June 10: Toyota Stadium, Bloemfontein, 19:10 CAT
June 17: Outeniqua Stadium, George, 19:10 CAT

Any more info on why? I'm as keen as anyone to jump on the guy's back and call him every name under the sun but maybe he has a good reason we don't know about ...

His wife is expecting during the tour apparently.

Ashton was mismanaged after Johnson IMO.

But oh well, Eddie is the sort of guy who doesn't care about media pressure to pick a player.

Ashton to France then?