• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Six Nations thread

collier didn't play for quins Saturday not sure how far he is off coming back.. cooper -worley looks very good in the scrum. for the 6 nations and maybe the world cup i agree with a few others ask matt stevens back. if not have any off the numerous looseheads we have maybe convert like a lot of the old props use to do.

Doesn't look like they are bringing anyone in this week.

I'd imagine they will immediately afterwards because of the length of Cole's injury absence.

Doesn't look like they are bringing anyone in this week.

I'd imagine they will immediately afterwards because of the length of Cole's injury absence.

It seems to be that 'Wilson has been brought in the replace Cole'. I guess this refers to the '6 Nations Squad' which Wilson wasn't originally in (I think) rather than the EPS. Who really knows?

I think Collier still has a couple of weeks.

as much as i moaned about cole he did make it to a lot of breakdowns and was steady in the loose. wilson is a better scrummager but what will he add in the lose after being out with an injury and cominh straight back into the england side.

yes to be fair to cole he has played a stupid amount of rugby over past year. and its affected him never want to see a player injured

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/26245323
Great news, finally we'll have two purpose fly-halves in the squad which should be good. I think it's a great choice as Ford seems to be a terrific game controller and in field kicker at Bath. Although his place kicking percentages are low the whether for the matches at Bath have been appalling (very windy). Whether Ford adapts his game he plays at Bath well to the International stage I don't know (especially against such a dominant Irish team) but it's a bold move and at least Andy is willing to try it out.

Sounds good. If Goode is gone for good (see what I did there?) then that is pretty much the last of the legacy of useless players removed. Barritt and Youngs should be in the firing line next. Neither are bad but both have faults in their game that need to be remedied or find someone better (Barritt is poor in attack and Youngs lineout is shocking).

Sounds good. If Goode is gone for good (see what I did there?) then that is pretty much the last of the legacy of useless players removed. Barritt and Youngs should be in the firing line next. Neither are bad but both have faults in their game that need to be remedied or find someone better (Barritt is poor in attack and Youngs lineout is shocking).

And Ben youngs who can't pass a ball.

And Ben youngs who can't pass a ball.

I know you don't like Ben youngs but if he couldn't pass a ball would he be playing for Leicester as a scrum half ? Nope

I'd still take Ben Youngs over Lee Dickson every day of the week though . I've always though Care was our best option with Ben on the bench

I know you support Northampton and probably don't like Leicester but if I constantly went on in international forums about how much of an intolerable idiot Dylan Hartley is it would get boring quick

Last edited:
how is tom youngs poor ??? he has a over 90% lineout success rate in the premiership one of highest. he has had a few bad games at the lineout for england and people are asking for a replacement !! youngs and hartley are best england have end off.

how is tom youngs poor ??? he has a over 90% lineout success rate in the premiership one of highest. he has had a few bad games at the lineout for england and people are asking for a replacement !! youngs and hartley are best england have end off.

I'm going to reiterate that I won't 100% belive that until I see stats. And even then, his England success rate is less than 50% this six nations (probably not much better if the AIs are continued).

Squad news: Ford in, Barritt out. Goode still there. On the RFU site.

It hasn't been just a few games Tom Youngs has been poor, and the difference this 6N between him and Hartley is night and day.

it was spoke about from brian moore during the scotland game and also a few bits on twitter about. surely the Leicester can add some more about tom youngs ? yep hartley has been superb but i dont think webber or george would do a better job than youngs.

I think George might - or even Ward.
Webber's lineout is similar to Youngs in that he's good throwing to his clubmates (specifically an Attwood run lineout), but change it up and it all goes awry.

it was spoke about from brian moore during the scotland game and also a few bits on twitter about. surely the Leicester can add some more about tom youngs ? yep hartley has been superb but i dont think webber or george would do a better job than youngs.

You said that last time I asked but if you're going to be so specific I'd like to see you link to somewhere. Please don't think I'm trying to be an arse about it but I don't recall Brian Moore mentioning it or seeing anything about his line out stats on twitter so I have no real proof.

TRF_Olyy
I think George might - or even Ward.
Webber's lineout is similar to Youngs in that he's good throwing to his clubmates (specifically an Attwood run lineout), but change it up and it all goes awry.​

In the form he's in now Ward would be an excellent choice.

Even if it is true, stats can be misleading and some won lineout ball is much better than others. Trust your eyes, and mine tell me Youngs is poor.

Latest posts