B10

Academy Player
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
England
Just seen this interview with Sean Fitzpatrick
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/english/9400952.stm

All I can say is I hope more people underestimate this England team. Yes it maybe a bit early but I still fancy us to play some great rugby. If the 2007 team can make it to the final then who's to say this team can't win it.

NZ are ofcourse favourites but if they bottle it again infront of their own nation the tournament is wide open.

You can never say never (and you're correct in they appear to be a lot stronger then anyone predicted they would this time last year), but I won't be betting my mortgage just yet.

Agree with Bullitt

Would also like to add that Sean Fitzpatrick is a bellend! (not necessarily for this, just all of his views really)

I think England our in a great position. I don't get this peaking to early/late idea the winner is the team that plays its best rugby in the day. England have a great style and know where they are going. They need to learn how to win when there pack is being beat though but I still think they have a say in the RWC whether that be winning it or causing a big upset.

If England Grandslam the 6 nations, I recon we'll make it to the final, with a good enough chance of winning. If not, I recon France will knock us out in the quarters.

I don't see how the left it too late argument has any credence, England's players are in form and combining well, and the players that have been called in to cover injuries have played well ... England are a genuine chance (didnt say they'll win it), and have brought the newer players in at the right time IMO

... of course the All Blacks are favourites being the No.1 ranked team, playing on home soil, but a number of teams could win it

Now is the time to start to hit form, the trouble is good form in the 6N can easily dissapate between March and the next lot of Internationals. Theres a looong way to go yet, I think Fitzy is getting the first punch in the inevitable mind games war that will break out in the next few months

New Zealand, while being favourites (Have been favourites a few times) have choked many times under the pressure of being favourites, even more pressure being at home! Id say they will choke again and Australia, England or SA will win! England never peaked between 2003 World cup and the final of the 2007 World cup, so wouldnt put anythin on the whole peaking concept!!

i disagree completely England always peak at world cups where as teams like New Zealand, Ireland, France and Wales have a mental block of some sort making them underachieve if they could reach the final of the last one who can say they won't win this one with an much better side

England are the only side who will be able to match it with the Southern Hemisphere nations.

Latest posts