• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England v Argentina - post match travel back to avignon

Colleydog

Academy Player
Anyone know of any, non-taxi related transport, - I could buy a car for less than the taxi fare! from Marseille to Avignon after the game. The last train appears to leave at half time!

1) Last train on saturday leave before the game (20h41)....but first one on sunday is at 00h40, perfect : you have roughly 1h30 to reach St Charles Station from Velodrome stadium (careful though, dangerous city..) !!
Use the official site of the monopolistic company (SNCF) on www.sncf-connect.com

2) You can try to register on blablacar.fr, by far the main commercial carpooling (car sharing) site. Offers are usually displayed by drivers form J-7 to J-1

3) If train (www.sncf-connect.com) and bus (flixbus.fr) are unsuitable, otherwise any cheap hostel or airbnb might be better than a taxi indeed

Cracking bit of information Parigi thanks

Only possible option currently is the train which I need to check the first train on Sunday is actually a going, cheers.

Re accommodation we had some in place originally but they cancelled on the basis they had a better offer!

Care share is something to have a shoofty at

Cheers

Simon

Just reached out to SNCF who tell me the only train back to Avignon after the game is at 06.33 on the Sunday - 7 hours after the game finishes!

I could buy a car for the price taxi's are charging to go to Avignon, No Flixbus either. May have to be car pooling unless anyone else knows of an alternative route back to Avignon please.

Cheers

Simon

Latest posts