• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs Barbarians - 25/10/20

No. If we begin to think in that way we're looking at infinite lockdown and zero contact with anyone over a certain age. The old and infirm can be killed by many infections. No one locked down the world due to the fact you could kill your gran by giving her flu.
ok so first thing is it's not 'flu and the comparison is inappropriate, not least because your gran can get a jab to protect herself from 'flu.

secondly, you're conflating two points - personally I agree that we're probably going to have to accept some risk in order to get back to anything like normal. But until that decision has been made you can't just say '**** it, we want to play rugby so we'll unilaterally decide that risk is acceptable'.

So this has been cancelled. Very disappointing. England are going into next weekend with no match practice ?

So this has been cancelled. Very disappointing. England are going into next weekend with no match practice ?
In terms of playing as a team yes, but the English league has played the most games and I think it's shown in the European competitions that they've been fitter and more structured. Granted this isn't an exact like for like, but with us playing Italy I'm not too worried.

These were mostly experienced England players.... cost their mates £17k or what ever they get for England, staff at the ground who would get paid for the game did they still get paid? Needed TV money they havnt got, fans dont get to see some young players getting game time and alot of young English players from both sides didnt get a chance to play for their country because of them players one decision....

I dont care that they let themselves down...its not like they got ****** and didnt turn up to training and got kicked out fine they made their choice they got punished but given the nature of the covid pandemic it wasnt themselves they let down it was everyone else.

Thats my thoughts on this

Individual breaches of the protocols (E.g. leaving the hotel without permission or without informing organisers of their whereabouts)
Providing false statements during an investigation

There is no sanction table applicable to charges brought under Rule 5.12 therefore the Independent Panel can issue a range of sanctions at their discretion including fines and/or match bans and/or any other suitable sanction.

Uh oh,
The RFU will be out for blood after losing 7 figures, and the reams of negative press it garnered

Uh oh,
The RFU will be out for blood after losing 7 figures, and the reams of negative press it garnered
At their disgression is worrying...them there be screwed.

What is a suitable punishment? In your opinion

Death.

Realistically? Absolutely no idea.
Some sort of token fine donated to some sort of nominated charity, I guess.
Had a google and Tuilagi got a £3k(!) fine for jumping off that ferry in NZ - so something like that.

Feel like De Glanville might be in the hottest water for lying about it.

Death.

Realistically? Absolutely no idea.
Some sort of token fine donated to some sort of nominated charity, I guess.
Had a google and Tuilagi got a £3k(!) fine for jumping off that ferry in NZ - so something like that.

Feel like De Glanville might be in the hottest water for lying about it.
Issue is though this isnt what they did...its that they knew why they shouldnt do it and what could happen if they did it. Then chose to do it.

Jumping off a boat or going getting smashed when not supposed to does deserve a small fine and maybe kicked out of camp because that is the rules but only risking your own place. They have chose to go out by doing so risked/got a game cancelled and lost alot of players alot of money and game time/exposure to EJ for young players. A token fine and a small ban isnt enough.

Its about rugby not covid though therefore if no penalties will be brought against them by the police(which i dont think there should be/has been) then this should be taken out of the equation

Makes it worse that its the experienced players tbh and leadershipgroup within the team too.

On tom de Glanville he lied but can you imagine being a young English player wanting to be capped and knowing if you said anyone your screw over the players youve watched and admired for years, be tough for him.

Oh aye, I'm not making excuses for them or anything - I just really have no idea what the punishment could be.
This isn't something that has happened before, and Tuilagis ferry jump was the only thing I could think of that was an RFU issue dealing with something that happened outside of a game environment.

Oh aye, I'm not making excuses for them or anything - I just really have no idea what the punishment could be.
This isn't something that has happened before, and Tuilagis ferry jump was the only thing I could think of that was an RFU issue dealing with something that happened outside of a game environment.
I havnt tried to put a number on the sanction because i dont know either.

Im really not out for blood but getting a fixture cancelled is bad from experienced players.

May be misreading so feel free to correct me but seems as though Barbarians are essentially saying that the players felt that they should have been allowed to go to the pub as it was less busy than the cafe that they'd been permitted by the RFU to go to? Even though they had been told that the pub was off limits? I kind of see the logic but the players were still perfectly aware of the rules in place and the responsibility still lies on them.

May be misreading so feel free to correct me but seems as though Barbarians are essentially saying that the players felt that they should have been allowed to go to the pub as it was less busy than the cafe that they'd been permitted by the RFU to go to? Even though they had been told that the pub was off limits? I kind of see the logic but the players were still perfectly aware of the rules in place and the responsibility still lies on them.

Well it seems they are expecting punishment of some kind, but this is their mitigating circumstances for it being more lenient.

Aye just keep digging lads

Pretty clear they weren't allowed to do it otherwise... You know.... The game would've gone ahead

What on earth does anyone involved with this shambles consider a bubble to be? At best, this was a group of people with limited interaction with the outside world. Unless the decision had already been made to cancel the match, how could the person from the RFU be brought back in without first passing a test and undergoing a quarantine period?

Bunch of bans, fines of a couple of a weeks pay

Only really De Glanville and Kerrod get the full punishment as Sarries have no games to be banned for, and the RFU can't ban Robshaw from playing in America

Latest posts