• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England Vs Ireland

Don't forget Duffy, Trimble, Staunton, Fogarty, Buckley, Jackman, Johnny O'Connor, Matthews and Bryan Young.

and Hayes of course! The centurion! You don't get 100 caps without being by far the best in the world in your possition.

Oh silly me. Further proof that John Hayes is a far better rugby player than Will Greenwood, he only played 55 times for England. Hayes is almost twice as good.

A genuine question here: When is the last time England have been so poor for so long? Since they won the world cup in 03' they've failed to compete at anywhere near the top level, the 07' freak incident aside.

I'm listening to the boys on the radio at the moment and they seem to think the English are picking brawn over brain(true enough) and the team is too dispersed (11 clubs represented inyesterday's 22). Opinions?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 28 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A genuine question here: When is the last time England have been so poor for so long? Since they won the world cup in 03' they've failed to compete at anywhere near the top level, the 07' freak incident aside.

I'm listening to the boys on the radio at the moment and they seem to think the English are picking brawn over brain(true enough) and the team is too dispersed (11 clubs represented inyesterday's 22). Opinions?[/b]

they have tallent however they arn't gelling together like the old england did. they lack the leading individuals. the strategies are bad.#

the mangement have to be prepared to sub and drop anybody. if the playing crap they shouldn't be on the pitch

Johnson is too stubborn to be the manager.
He picked his mates when he first started, and now isn't going to drop them because that would be admitting he was wrong to pick them in the first place.

Martin Johnson:

(I cleverly hid the link to the article in the picture, god I'm splendid.)

England have the talent .. it's just (and England fan's will admit this) Johnson won't pick them.

Like if we compare Johnson's 15 to peoples best 15 here there'll be at least 5 differences.
That's a 1/3 of team which is alot

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
A lot was written about the France game[/b]
It was all true

but we stuck together and pulled out the victory.[/b]
Against a team who just crabbed in attack with no go-forward and never looked like winning.

Every team slips up now and again[/b]
England (2009), Wales, Scotland, Australia, South Africa

This was a brilliant win[/b]
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr... No it wasn't.

It puts us back into contention[/b]
The same way I'm in contention to win Wednesdays Lottery...

Mite, have you ever praised anyone? Seriously it was a post match interview, what do you expect, poetry or something? You're coming off as a bit of a sore loser.

Oh no, I like Tommy Bowe. However that all is going off like they're pretending Paris didn't happen and beating England is an accomplishment these days. Not forgetting this continual make-believe that Irelands team of the last 12 months is one of the all time worldwide greats.

Back in Contention sure we only 1s who can win the Triple Crown :D

Also we've beaten the english in 6 of last 7 meeting I seen today in paper. That a good record.

And an Ireland team not fully on form winning in Twickenham. (To me that is a good win)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 1 2010, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh no, I like Tommy Bowe. However that all is going off like they're pretending Paris didn't happen and this continual make-believe that Irelands team of the last 12 monts is one of the all time worldwide greats.[/b]
Oooh, you're the one building that straw man. No Irish make those claims, and I think Ireland supporters have taken slim satisfaction from the Twickenham win after the scorching we got in Stade.

But **** it - let's ignore the fact that even with your selection for England they would still be way off the quality that their player base suggests.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 28 2010, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh no, I like Tommy Bowe. However that all is going off like they're pretending Paris didn't happen and beating England is an accomplishment these days. Not forgetting this continual make-believe that Irelands team of the last 12 months is one of the all time worldwide greats.[/b]

One of our all time great teams rather. You have to remember much of our talk is in comparison to the 90's. We're a good team, one of the top 5 in the world and should be aiming for a semi final in 2011 but we ain't world beaters. We're just very aware of where we were this time 10 years ago. That said, we should be able to give anyone a game on our day. No one is pretending Paris didn't happen either, quite the opposite. But one loss doesn't make you a bad team. Look at France last year, hammered in Twickers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Feb 28 2010, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oooh, you're the one building that straw man. No Irish make those claims[/b]
Whats that got to do with anything. Since when does Mite have to say anything factual when it comes to Irish rugby?