• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England vs South Africa 20 / 11 / 2021

Lots of positives for England after the AI's

Steward must surely have cemented his place as first choice full back. Daly when fit should be fighting for a place in the matchday 23.

Malins was full of energy on the wing and deserves another run out first match up of the 6N.

Radwan has great pace and is work in progress. Another poor game from May and Radwan along with a fit Watson and Nowell will be having the shirt.

Blamire showed good skills and is genuine back up to George and LCD.

Bevan Rodd did his cause no harm with decent showings against both SA and Australia. Genge will be back though.
Mako has to show Eddie he can still improve his scrummaging before he gets a recall. Nobody doubts his tackling and offloads but his main job is the scrum and its there he has his problems. Marler still well ahead of Mako and probably Rodd.

Smith did all that was asked of him and showed that Farrell for all his good work in the past is not the future for England either at 10 or 12. Ford and Smith for me.
Quirke looked good apart from the charge down of his clearing kick but made up for it with that sublime pass to Slade

Marchant needs more games to show yesterday wasn't a one off. He did well IMO. If Manu is broken a few games alongside Slade would be good.

Slade had his best game for ages. Was it a coincidence Farrell was missing? Poor Manu gets broken too often but play him if he is fit.

Lawes playing some his best rugby and Jack Willis still to come back. I wish Kruis was available along with Launch.

Negatives for me.

Underhill not at his best in any game. Curry is not an 8. We have Dombrandt, Simmonds and Ted Willis to play there. FFS put him back to his proper position of 7 Eddie.
Sinkler has no back up at 3 apart from Stuart who I'm not really convinced about.
Nic Dolly had a shocker in his short time on the pitch and couldn't find his man in the lineouts at all.
Hill had his best showing but I feel he is just wearing the shirt until Kruis and Launch are available. Ewels shouldn't even be there.

A little fortunate to get the win yesterday and SA's rolling mauls threatened every time. Our penalty count was shocking again.
But overall, very happy. New players blooded, more waiting in the wings and a few to return from injury.

France away will be the hard one in the 6N. cant wait.

I can't see Nowell making an England squad again tbh, especially not now we've blooded new guys in the back 3
He'd be one of the slowest players in the EPS, including the forwards

As a Bath fan, I can say Stuart having braindead moments seems to be pretty standard. He's a poor backup to Sinckler but we seem to be struggling with real talent in that position.

I can't see Nowell making an England squad again tbh, especially not now we've blooded new guys in the back 3
He'd be one of the slowest players in the EPS, including the forwards
Sadly I think you are correct.

Just seen this sour grapes from a Bloke.

Crazy bias. Just in that video saw the ref block an England player as well.
Saw that video too. I know we aren't supposed to talk about social media and it's the cesspit and not reflective of the fans etc but kinda hard to think otherwise seeing as just how insanely prevalent all this stuff is, and the fact official SA TV and their coaching staff are also doing it...

Erasmus has encouraged this sort of crap with his disgraceful behaviour. A lot of Bok fans are obsessed with a fantasy of how World Rugby are out to get them.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Big Potato Games

Last edited:
Lots of positives for England after the AI's

Steward must surely have cemented his place as first choice full back. Daly when fit should be fighting for a place in the matchday 23.

Malins was full of energy on the wing and deserves another run out first match up of the 6N.

Radwan has great pace and is work in progress. Another poor game from May and Radwan along with a fit Watson and Nowell will be having the shirt.

Blamire showed good skills and is genuine back up to George and LCD.

Bevan Rodd did his cause no harm with decent showings against both SA and Australia. Genge will be back though.
Mako has to show Eddie he can still improve his scrummaging before he gets a recall. Nobody doubts his tackling and offloads but his main job is the scrum and its there he has his problems. Marler still well ahead of Mako and probably Rodd.

Smith did all that was asked of him and showed that Farrell for all his good work in the past is not the future for England either at 10 or 12. Ford and Smith for me.
Quirke looked good apart from the charge down of his clearing kick but made up for it with that sublime pass to Slade

Marchant needs more games to show yesterday wasn't a one off. He did well IMO. If Manu is broken a few games alongside Slade would be good.

Slade had his best game for ages. Was it a coincidence Farrell was missing? Poor Manu gets broken too often but play him if he is fit.

Lawes playing some his best rugby and Jack Willis still to come back. I wish Kruis was available along with Launch.

Negatives for me.

Underhill not at his best in any game. Curry is not an 8. We have Dombrandt, Simmonds and Ted Willis to play there. FFS put him back to his proper position of 7 Eddie.
Sinkler has no back up at 3 apart from Stuart who I'm not really convinced about.
Nic Dolly had a shocker in his short time on the pitch and couldn't find his man in the lineouts at all.
Hill had his best showing but I feel he is just wearing the shirt until Kruis and Launch are available. Ewels shouldn't even be there.

A little fortunate to get the win yesterday and SA's rolling mauls threatened every time. Our penalty count was shocking again.
But overall, very happy. New players blooded, more waiting in the wings and a few to return from injury.

France away will be the hard one in the 6N. cant wait.
It didn't help manu that pollard tried to un screw his foot

Makes complaining about a couple of players coming onto the pitch and celebrating too early look really stupid.

The referee should just instantly stop play, and if it's found that they've not run on for a legitimate reason (i.e. someone unconscious/badly injured) then it's either a scrum put in, or a penalty, to the opposition and the physio (or waterboy or whatever) is red carded and can't return for the rest of the game

Latest posts