• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Training Squad

If Ben can match Tom's international performances I'd have him at 6 just to get both of them on the pitch.

Think the players look very well conditioned ATM.

Manu actually looks pretty lean (people always say this, but I think it's actually true now).

I'm not a Teo fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I'd probably take him over Francis because we've already got a bunch of play making centres whereas Manu is our only back who can truck it up successfully.
EJ is notoriously stubborn with his gameplans, so with Manu as first choice 12 he will base everything in the backs around having a crash ball 12 - if Manu gets injured (or when he's rested during the RWC) then putting Teo in to run up blind channels will be more successful than Francis.

That said Devoto would be preferable over both - better playmaker than Francis and probably a more threatening carrier than Teo these days.
Totally agree, if you need like for nearly like then Devoto is the man. My worry is still the Ford-Faz experiment which is good but one dimensional and teams have sorted them out.

Latest posts