• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England World Cup Training Squad

Why 5 props? Wierd number? Are Tightheads less prone to injury or can one of them LHPs cover both sides or something? Id personally have Williams over Cole but dont want that argument its just personal opinion.
Usually teams will take 3 THPs and 2 LHPs as LH is generally seen as the easier side to scrummage on, so it's easier for a THP to cover LH in an emergency than vise versa. Because of that I imagine Cole and Williams will both make the cut while Genge will drop out, despite being a much better player than both.

Usually teams will take 3 THPs and 2 LHPs as LH is generally seen as the easier side to scrummage on, so it's easier for a THP to cover LH in an emergency than vise versa. Because of that I imagine Cole and Williams will both make the cut while Genge will drop out, despite being a much better player than both.

In my view with the question marks over mako injury, i think that he will take 3 LH but i think he should take 6 props as the games are closer together this tournament and I would only take 2 scrum half's.

Yeah, in this day and age I think you take 6 - means your first choice guy gets a proper rest week rather than having to play 20mins even if he's ******

Dombrandts been impressing all season and for the baabaas. I still dont understand ludlams inclusion over him before. Good to see him getting some recognition from the coaches though.

Not sure if it's common knowledge but the 31man squad is being named on August 12th (day after Wales warm up game).

I'm guessing the warm ups are full tests, not XVs games?

Dombrandts been impressing all season and for the baabaas. I still dont understand ludlams inclusion over him before. Good to see him getting some recognition from the coaches though.
While a RWC is generally a place for experienced heads there is room for the occasional wild card. Dombrandt is totally inexperienced, but looks to the manor born and a potential game breaker. I think he's worth taking a punt on, irrespective of injuries.

Dombrandt doesn't really roll off the tongue though. We need a TRF moniker for him. Big Al? The Dominator?

While a RWC is generally a place for experienced heads there is room for the occasional wild card. Dombrandt is totally inexperienced, but looks to the manor born and a potential game breaker. I think he's worth taking a punt on, irrespective of injuries.

Dombrandt doesn't really roll off the tongue though. We need a TRF moniker for him. Big Al? The Dominator?
He's the dominantor on the quins forum... I like it

Big D?

:)

Not sure if it's common knowledge but the 31man squad is being named on August 12th (day after Wales warm up game).

I'm guessing the warm ups are full tests, not XVs games?
Im sure we will see a good few bolters in that game, im guessing Watson, big Joe and Big D will all feature. As they are lacking game time in an england shirt. Hopfully watson at FB with daly at 23.

Im sure we will see a good few bolters in that game, im guessing Watson, big Joe and Big D will all feature. As they are lacking game time in an england shirt. Hopfully watson at FB with daly at 23.
Or run daley Watson may my preferred back 3

Is the wales game squad announcement Thursday
Does eddy give any last chance bolters a run or has he made his mind from training ???

Is the wales game squad announcement Thursday
Does eddy give any last chance bolters a run or has he made his mind from training ???
He pretty much knows what everyone can do now. No real point in putting out the full first XV, surely better to give some of the less established players some game time from the start. The likes of Genge, Spencer and Joe.

Is there the likelihood of any real bolters apart from Uni rig?

He pretty much knows what everyone can do now. No real point in putting out the full first XV, surely better to give some of the less established players some game time from the start. The likes of Genge, Spencer and Joe.

Is there the likelihood of any real bolters apart from Uni rig?
Have a really odd feeling we're gonna see a really wacky selection like Coka or Brown at 13 or ford come on at 9...

Have a really odd feeling we're gonna see a really wacky selection like Coka or Brown at 13 or ford come on at 9...

Not advocating a position switch, but in another life Ford would have made a class 9.

Depends what you classify as a bolter. Singleton and Heinz are both uncapped and I reckon there's a pretty good chance of both of them going.
Fair point.

For me a bolter is likely to be a starter or at least a sub in the first choice 23.

Singleton and Heinz would be fillers, clear 3rd choices unlikely to be seen except against lesser opposition or in the event of injury. Suppose they might also get a more prominent role in the unlikely events of LCD's arrows going awry or Youngs' service becoming slow and indecisive.

And then there were 33.

Dombrandt, Brown, Teo and Spencer released from this weeks training squad.

I'd have still included Brown, tbh - think he should go to Japan (not necessarily as first choice) so should get some game time.
Spencer dropping out for Heinz is gross as ****, tbh. Spencer is way better than Heinz and our second choice should be getting more time than our third choice, especially when our 2nd choice has only got 3 caps and barely any minutes.
Dombrandt leaving is a shame but not unexpected,
Teo i'm v.v. pleased about.

Obv this doesn't mean these guys aren't in contention for Japan, but it doesn't bode well

Latest posts