• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Ireland vs. Samoa 09/11/13

Yeah, wutevz....

That was a decent game, the first half was dire! I think had that been McGrath's 15th cap and not his 1st he wouldn't have got man of the match, Best was better, not at all taking away from his performance he was great. Ferg did well, Baby Kearney was class, Jackson looked good, Big Kearney had his moments, D'Arcy and Heaslip were a bit disappointing. O'Mahoney and Toner were both surprisingly impressive, two of our best players.

Jack will win motm every game.

Criticism I've seen of D'arcy is a bit harsh was quite good at the breakdown and Heaslip did a lot. Kearney should have had a hattrick poor dropped ball with line at his mercy.

Jack will win motm every game.

Criticism I've seen of D'arcy is a bit harsh was quite good at the breakdown and Heaslip did a lot. Kearney should have had a hattrick poor dropped ball with line at his mercy.

D'Arcy was off the pace throughout in my opinion. Heaslip gave away far too many penalties.

D'Arcy was off the pace throughout in my opinion. Heaslip gave away far too many penalties.

He was a bit off the pace but doesn't mean he didn't have some use after all would Ferg have got his try without him!?

Heaslip made the most tackles apparently I don't rmember him giving more penalties than anyone else, also felt Walsh's interpitation was a bit off at times.

He was a bit off the pace but doesn't mean he didn't have some use after all would Ferg have got his try without him!?

Heaslip made the most tackles apparently I don't rmember him giving more penalties than anyone else, also felt Walsh's interpitation was a bit off at times.

Yeah, he made a few good turnovers but he was solely at fault for a few of Samoa's first half linebreaks. Maybe you're right about Heaslip, it's hard enough to tell from the upper stands but Walsh seemed to be pointing at and talking to him for a lot of the game but I suppose he was captain!

On Heaslip/O'Mahony - looked like the story of the Six Nations to me, O'Mahony stood wider and got more carrying opportunities and looked better while Heaslip wasn't getting much change out of doing the hard yards. ESPN has Heaslip on 18 tackles compared to O'Mahony's 7, that gives me a good glimpse of who was working hard and doing more. I also feel Heaslip was unfortunate that Henry went off early, as Henry did a lot of dog work early on and instead the role devolved to Heaslip. O'Mahony did well with his opportunities, don't want to criticise, but Heaslip shouldn't be slagged for doing all the hard work that let others shine. Pretty sure he was the guy right besides McFadden in the set up for O'Brien's try. Easily forgotten, but absolutely crucial.

D'Arcy however, I thought was pretty poor. Made a number of unforced errors and while, yeah, he's still got some bits of magic to him, I don't think that cancels out the earlier mistakes. When the game was tight he was poor. When Samoa's heads dropped he looked good but it was a different kettle of fish then. I think there's a live question to who plays at 12 next week now.

Was very pleased with Jackson and Best. Very worried about Henry. Slightly disappointed by how little Bowe was used and involved, he might as well have been on the sidelines smoking a cuban cigar for a lot of it.

Was very pleased with Jackson and Best. Very worried about Henry. Slightly disappointed by how little Bowe was used and involved, he might as well have been on the sidelines smoking a cuban cigar for a lot of it.

I don't know if it was noticeable on tv but on a lot of scrums and lineouts Bowe was standing out for a crossfielder. There was always some factor that stopped it coming but it looks a clear tactic which is a bit annoying as while yeah he's good at that he's best working in off the wing.

Last wee while D'Arcy was in 13 I'd say he looked better than BO'D for most of his game and even set up a wee try... Anyone think he is a realistic option of 13 come the world cup

I'm only joking . Was the game good ? To put that many points on Samoa is never bad tbh

Just on Bowe being quiet, I forgot to mention that early on (when Mulipola was injured I think) a physio was on rubbing Bowe's left calf for quite some time. Now I'm hearing today that Bowe's on crutches unfortunately.

That was truly disappointing from Samoa, despite the injuries still thought we could've got alot closer and maybe piled on some points.

They should've pulled Taulafo/Paulo after about 50mins coz they were done. Until we can get a tight 5 that will play 60mins non stop and decent enough cover we'll always have some problems. Tu'ifua is showing his age, but Treviranus and Lam were good as were our smaller backs. Some good defensive scramble but heaps to improve on.

What players were missing from Samoa in this match??

What players were missing from Samoa in this match??

David Lemi (current captain), Paul Williams, Daniel Leo, Census Johnston & Maurie Fa'asavalu. They would've shored up line. And then during the match...a few players went missing too.:p

Latest posts