• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Ireland vs. Samoa 09/11/13

We've had a few calls go against us regards knock ons and ball forward, kinda stifling any momentum we're trying to build.

****ing hell Drico. Keep the ****ing ball for a second. Jesus.

Silly from Pisi - I expect Ireland will get a try after halftime, then Samoa will be playing catchup, a lot looser, and Ireland will get another one or two.

Mistake by BOD there. Ireland have not got going yet but the pack have played well. Great start by McGrath!

Been a very disjointed half which could be put down the it being the first game of the season. Hopefully after the break the guys will be able to focus on doing the basic right first as thats what has been lacking. On top of that the yellow card will make that a little easier right after the break.

There has been a lot of invention and looking at varying the attack which is good but we're not quite executing it right. The scrum is excellent what a start for Jack.

Am I the only one who thought that Samoan linebreak came from a forwards pass?

Also, really gutted that Henry got injured. Really hope its not bad.

Silly from Pisi - I expect Ireland will get a try after halftime, then Samoa will be playing catchup, a lot looser, and Ireland will get another one or two.

mmmm, been holdin on to that one, haven't ya buddy ?

So far I have been hugely impressed by Jack McGrath.

edit: It shouldn't be funny, but watching Paddy Jackson play human conkers is. Hope they're alright.

edit edit: Doesn't look like it. Poor lads, not funny at all now.

Last edited:
Massive clash of heads there. One Samoan out cold the other has to go off concussed. Hopefully they'll be alright. POM back on from the blood bin.

That was a pretty awful looking head knock hope the two lads are alright.

If Georgia Gets back couple of guys back from injuries Samoa won't be as huge of favorites as People hype them up to be. Id expect a full Georgian squad to beat Samoa any day.

If Georgia Gets back couple of guys back from injuries Samoa won't be as huge of favorites as People hype them up to be. Id expect a full Georgian squad to beat Samoa any day.

It'll be a good game and well worth watching, but remember this Samoa team is missing a lot of players as well. They're 6th in the world for a reason, wouldn't be so confident.

Rob to Dave for a try, that'll be a nice memory for the family.

40-9 ?! What the hell happened to Samoa ?
I guess those injuries meant more to them than we'd have anticipated ?..

Where's Sam Owen at ?! :D
YOU WERE SAAAAAAAAAAYIN ????

Very happy with that, not a whole lot more we could take form it. Definitely areas to work on and the injuries really affected Samoa taking the steam out of it a bit. Anyway good stuff.

JACK MCGRATH!!!

Great to get the win some excellent rugby at the end in particular. BO'D's pass...Dave Kearney's second try...Jack's scrummagging.,,

The happiest I've been with an Irish performance for a while. Still was frustrating at time, though I'm quite happy to blame Steve Walsh for a lot of that.

Well we'll just have to wait and see. Were not at our best if we did have our all players, I wouldnt be so sure about Georgia being able to beat us any day with all respect. Another thing is what Ireland can do to us, isnt neccessarily what Georgia can do as well.

40-9 ?! What the hell happened to Samoa ?
I guess those injuries meant more to them than we'd have anticipated ?..

Where's Sam Owen at ?! :D
YOU WERE SAAAAAAAAAAYIN ????
When I was watching that game, I couldnt help wondering if I would get electricuted if I put my fist through the TV screen.
Anyway I knew you'd be here to say something. I now hope France loses, I dont know what brought this on.

Well we'll just have to wait and see. Were not at our best if we did have our all players, I wouldnt be so sure about Georgia being able to beat us any day with all respect. Another thing is what Ireland can do to us, isnt neccessarily what Georgia can do as well.

When I was watching that game, I couldnt help wondering if I would get electricuted if I put my fist through the TV screen.
Anyway I knew you'd be here to say something. I now hope France loses, I dont know what brought this on.
I didn't do a good job of explaining that. I meant that Best Georgian squad can beat today's Samoa any day... but Georgia won't have their best squad and Samoa usually plays way better so ya don't worry much about that

Good team, should do the business,so much swag on the bench. Ferg to score a try, heard it here first.

Yeah, wutevz....

That was a decent game, the first half was dire! I think had that been McGrath's 15th cap and not his 1st he wouldn't have got man of the match, Best was better, not at all taking away from his performance he was great. Ferg did well, Baby Kearney was class, Jackson looked good, Big Kearney had his moments, D'Arcy and Heaslip were a bit disappointing. O'Mahoney and Toner were both surprisingly impressive, two of our best players.

Latest posts