Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Chiefs
United States.png
Versus%20Rugby%20Championship.png
New Zealand.png

USA Eagles vs. Maori All Blacks. 09/11/13, 7:00 P.M. EST(10:00 P.M. PST,13:00 NZDT) PPL Park, Chester, Pennsylvania, United States of America

Referee: Chris Assmus (Canada)

Broadcast: Foxsoccerplus(live) Fox Sports 1 (delayed) New Zealand: Sky(live), Maori Television (delayed)

Maori All Blacks:
1.Kane Hames
2.Ash Dixon
3.Ben Afeaki
4.Jarrad Hoeata
5.Joe Wheeler
6.Shane Christie
7.Luke Braid
8.Blade Thomson
9.Jamison Gibson-Park
10.Ihaia West
11.Matt Proctor
12.Tim Bateman (capt)
13.Charlie Ngatai
14.Kurt Baker
15.Robbie Robinson

Reserves

16.Joe Royal,
17.Chris Eves
18.Nick Barrett
19.Luke Katene
20.Elliot Dixon
21.Chris Smylie
22.Jackson Willison
23.Zac Guildford

USA Lineup
1. Nick Wallace, Olympic Club (St. Mary's)
2. Phil Tiel, Life University
3. Shawn Pittman, Seattle-OPSB
4. Scott LaValla, Stade Francais (Trinity)
5. Tai Tuisamoa, OMBAC
6. Todd Clever (c), NTT Communications (Nevada)
7. Peter Dahl, Belmont Shore
8. Cam Dolan, Life University
9. Mike Petri, NYAC (Penn State)
10. Toby L'Estrange, NYAC (Sydney Universities)
11. Tim Maupin, Olympic Club (St. Mary's)
12. Andrew Suniula, Wasps
13. Seamus Kelly, U. California
14. Luke Hume, Unattached
15. Adam Siddall, Old Blue

Reserves
16. Zach Fenoglio, Glendale (Loyola Marymount)
17. ***i Lamositele, Saracens (Chuckanut U19s)
18. Oliver Kilifi, Seattle-OPSB
19. Graham Harriman, Metropolis (Minnesota-Duluth)
20. Kyle Sumsion, BYU
21. Shaun Davies, BYU
22. Zach Pangelinan, OMBAC
23. Folau Niua, USA 7s team

Anyone going to the game?? I will be coming up from Baltimore, so if anyone wants to meet up for a drink before the game let me know.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to go, just not sure about finances. But I really, REALLY wanna go!! Just have to convince the hubby. :)

das

You should come. Im just excited to see some rugby.... I need someone I can have a few drinks with ;)

You should come. Im just excited to see some rugby.... I need someone I can have a few drinks with ;)

I'll talk with the Mister. I think he'll enjoy it, but he won't think so until it's over. :)

das

With the game just over 2 weeks away, is there anyone going?? Also anyone know any bars in the area that will be showing the France vs NZ game??

There are only 3,000 tickets remaining and they are still selling briskly. Could be a sellout in the States for this fixture.

Oh das, you must be so horribly conflicted over this...:rolleyes:

I know a couple of teams from the Northeast are traveling down as a club so there is bound to be some good drinkups either before or after somewhere.

I was seriously looking at going, but looks like the tickets are just about gone, and the airfares etc might be too much ... maybe next time :)

I still haven't convinced Mr. Das that we need to go. Not sure I want to be in Chester after dark, but it's just over the bridge. I'll see if there are any tickets left...

das

I still haven't convinced Mr. Das that we need to go. Not sure I want to be in Chester after dark, but it's just over the bridge. I'll see if there are any tickets left...das

Get your pretty little a*** down there and support the boys..............if I can go to every game to watch the c*** that Biarritz are serving up, you should make the effort too!!!

I still haven't convinced Mr. Das that we need to go. Not sure I want to be in Chester after dark, but it's just over the bridge. I'll see if there are any tickets left...

das

Yeah my friend who lived in Philly told me to be careful and that I shouldnt hang around the streets too much.

Wow is going to be a a sellout then(that number remaining might be cleared out by the end of the weekend).

Whilst I'm pleased both the North Americans are selling well these Maori games (better demand than Italy had it seems), I hope that the newbies to rugby aren't put off by the fact that both will probably lose handily playing without their top players (especially Canada outside the window). It's a good Maori squad as well, better than the 2012 version.

Whilst I'm pleased both the North Americans are selling well these Maori games (better demand than Italy had it seems), I hope that the newbies to rugby aren't put off by the fact that both will probably lose handily playing without their top players (especially Canada outside the window). It's a good Maori squad as well, better than the 2012 version.

Yeah this somewhat surpises me, these games have probably been better marketed I suppose, and I really do think some casuals are convinced it's the full AB side LOL.

NZ Maori team named:

Maori All Blacks: 1. Kane Hames, 2.Ash Dixon, 3.Ben Afeaki, 4.Jarrad Hoeata, 5.Joe Wheeler, 6.Shane Christie, 7.Luke Braid, 8.Blade Thomson, 9.Jamison Gibson-Park, 10.Ihaia West, 11.Matt Proctor, 12.Tim Bateman (capt), 13.Charlie Ngatai, 14.Kurt Baker, 15.Robbie Robinson

Reserves

16.Joe Royal, 17.Chris Eves, 18.Nick Barrett, 19.Luke Katene, 20.Elliot Dixon, 21.Chris Smylie, 22.Jackson Willison, 23.Zac Guildford

I like that Ihaia West is starting at 10, means I get to see him play!! Bummer Piri and Hika went back to NZ I wanted to see them both play as well, anyways Maori for the win!

Our lineup has not been announced yet, but here is an update from camp:

The USA Men's National Team got a bit of a day off Wednesday, after a series of two-a-days starting on Sunday.

Mike Tolkin put his players through their paces early. Judy Teasdale photo.
Mike Tolkin put his players through their paces early. Judy Teasdale photo.
For Head Coach Mike Tolkin, those three days may well be the most important of November. From now on he will be managing the players and making sure they don't get too beat up in practice. For the first three days, he was able to run them hard.

It's a crucial time because this is when Tolkin wants to set forth the game plan, and get the culture right on the team. As Mike Petri said in RUGBYMag.com, the players who went 2-1 in the ARC have brought with them a positive attitude and more confidence, and that, coupled with some new energy from the new assistant coaches, is what Tolkin hopes will stop their seven-game losing streak.

Tolkin is looking for hard workers, and players who can perform under pressure in the international arena. What he found out was that the players at the top of the depth chart will likely stay there, with one or two difficult decisions. Seamus Kelly looks healthy and strong, and seems set to partner with Andrew Suniula in the midfield. Shaun Davies has picked up right where he left off at the ARC.

Other players are showing well, too. Of those, perhaps the least well-known to Tolkin was Kyle Sumsion. The BYU openside flanker came highly recommended by Cougars Head Coach David Smyth, as well as 2013 All American coaches Matt Sherman and Justin Fitzpatrick (also the current Eagles forwards coach).

And apparently all that good word was correct. Sumsion has worked enormously hard in the training sessions and impressed Tolkin and the rest of the coaching staff. Don't expect him to start, but do expect him to push for some time on the field.

Likewise, Folau Niua is pushing hard for a starting position. He could well be a center starter (although it looks as if it will be Suniula and Kelly), but even if he's a sub, Niua will get a lot of time this November, he has impressed the coaches that much.

The USA will take on the Maori All Blacks, who beat Canada 40-15 Sunday, at PPL Park, Chester, Pa. Saturday night at 7pm. The stadium, which holds about 18,000 or more, is reportedly sold out.

The game is on Fox Sports 1 on delay, and live on Fox Soccer Plus.

Latest posts