• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[EOYT] Wales v Australia, 30/11/13

I reckon that Wales will win because the ref will inevitably be on their side, the ref will make some weird and inconsistent decisions all against the SH team, Australia will be undermined by the pitch cutting up so badly, the band will cut short Australia Fair, oh and yes, I can see the Aussies sitting down to a bad curry even as I write for their evening meal (not to mention the unmentionable amount of Brains they are drinking) and they will succumb to food poisoning er the eve is out..................apart from that, Wales will monster them in the melee and the Welsh backs will shine in a 18-12 win!

I reckon that Wales will win because the ref will inevitably be on their side, the ref will make some weird and inconsistent decisions all against the SH team, Australia will be undermined by the pitch cutting up so badly, the band will cut short Australia Fair, oh and yes, I can see the Aussies sitting down to a bad curry even as I write for their evening meal (not to mention the unmentionable amount of Brains they are drinking) and they will succumb to food poisoning er the eve is out..................apart from that, Wales will monster them in the melee and the Welsh backs will shine in a 18-12 win!

...I'm not sure I'm liking the tone of your voice, young man !

I'm picking this to be a tight match - I'm quite looking forward to it. Australia have won the last 8 tests in a row between these two sides, though the last three matches have been decided by 3 points or less.

Hooper vs Warburton is one of the key match-ups for me. I rated Warburton very highly a couple of seasons ago (he was outstanding at times during the RWC), but I haven't been as impressed when I have seen him recently (indeed I prefer Tipuric). I'm still not convinced about the balance of the Australian loose-trio (I think they need a better ball carrier at either 6 or 8), but it has performed pretty well recently. I have no idea why Gill isn't on the bench though, as he could provide a lot of impact from the bench (especially compared to Dennis).

Genia is still not back to his best but has been a bit better in recent weeks, while Cooper has been pretty consistent all season for the Wallabies (though perhaps hasn't been at his elusive best). I think the Aussie backline looks much better with Ashley-Cooper back at centre - not only is this Ashley-Coopers best position, but it allows Australia to add some extra firepower out wide in the form of Tomane.

Containing the big Welsh wings will be a major challenge for the Wallabies, but Tomane and Cummins are not small (both around 100kgs), and Cummins is a bit of a nutter on defense. Australia may be a bit vulnerable around the 10/12 channel though: Lealiifano is generally pretty solid on defense and Cooper is much improved but the may struggle to contain North at full speed if their defensive alignment is slightly out. Of course Wales needs to find a way to get the ball to North/Cuthbert in space, and I'm not sure how easy that will be a new midfield combo.

It is a game that could go either way, but I'm picking Wales to finally get another win against Australia. I think the home ground advantage will be a big plus for them, and if it comes down to goal-kicking they have clear advantage. The key for them will be stopping Israel Folau!

Lol !Sh excuses summarised by Mr Manx.You do, however know that the kiwi's and specifically I mean the AB's are not whiners! But despite being a great rugby team the boks always complain about the Ref when they lose! Given their current form I ll give the Aussies a break and wish them all the best in this match.They don't have the luxury to lean on excuses !

The Welsh centre pairing are an unknown quantity.
Are they much chop?
Adam Ashley-Cooper is a class act at centre and he may prove the difference in the midfield, he is some player.
Unless Wales can find a sustained motivation, similar to that of Ireland last weekend, I can see Aussie strolling off into the summer holiday by 12 points.
Scott Williams is fairly well-established at international level already, having played in the World Cup. His passing/kicking game has come on a lot in the last twelve months, making him a more rounded player.

Owen Williams is very quick (He started his professional career on the wing) and picks an excellent line. It's worth watching his try against Tonga for an example of what he can do (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be31VI5ebWs). He's got enough awareness to give a pass, but it's not really his strength. His tackling is also very solid, so hopefully he can keep AAC bottled up. Big ask, though, for someone on their fourth cap. He is also ginger, which helps.

Scott Williams is fairly well-established at international level already, having played in the World Cup. His passing/kicking game has come on a lot in the last twelve months, making him a more rounded player.

Yeah, some people seem to think Scott Williams has appeared completely out of the blue. He has 22 caps and has had a great season so far. In the long term, I'd like him to replace Roberts as the starting 12 tbh. Think he shows a lot more creativity and awareness of what's in front of him, whereas Roberts just charges at anything and everything and goes to ground most of the time.

Yeah, some people seem to think Scott Williams has appeared completely out of the blue. He has 22 caps and has had a great season so far. In the long term, I'd like him to replace Roberts as the starting 12 tbh. Think he shows a lot more creativity and awareness of what's in front of him, whereas Roberts just charges at anything and everything and goes to ground most of the time.

But isn't the entire Welsh game plan built around Roberts doing that? :p

I'm at the BaaBaas game today so will miss this. Wales by 3 points.

But isn't the entire Welsh game plan built around Roberts doing that? :p

True dat. I mean, it works most of the time at the moment, I suppose. But in the long term, I want to see a more creative midfield. How likely that is to happen under Gatland, I'm not sure.

Its almost time for the talking to stop and let us see what Wales can bring to the table at home against the Wallabies.

Wallabies should Wipe the floor with the welsh. They are scum of the earth
Aussie by 12

Bit rich coming from the country that was populated and built by convicts.......

Now, now..............no need to treat the whole country as dick heads just because of one ignorant guy!!

If we lose, I give you permission to give me S*** about it and spank me. I'm that confident

This is one of those games that I hope both teams lose, if anything I hope Wales win and George North gets an STD while celebrating in Cardiff that will put him out for his next two games.

This is one of those games that I hope both teams lose, if anything I hope Wales win and George North gets an STD while celebrating in Cardiff that will put him out for his next two games.

Come on mate, That 17 point thumping didn't make you hate the wallabies, Ireland are my favourite European team , Wales on the other hand. SCUM

Wallabies should Wipe the floor with the welsh. They are scum of the earth
Aussie by 12

A baiting we will go...

Thats not very nice David, if you're not going to play nicely we are going to put the shackles back on and you can spend another 8 years bonded to the land with a nasty English overseer...

A baiting we will go...

Thats not very nice David, if you're not going to play nicely we are going to put the shackles back on and you can spend another 8 years bonded to the land with a nasty English overseer...

I fear he is doing a "James O'Connor" being as how it is past time for his bed!

Latest posts