• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

European Champions Cup 2017/18: Pool 3

You a glasgow fan (as well as tigers obv) or anyone but exeter fan? :)

Whats your problem with me wanting Glasgow to win?
It would be great for Scottish rugby if Glasgow has a good season in Europe esp if they could make it to the final.

I'm not necessarily a fan but as a neutral I was routing for Glasgow not sure why that bothers you.

You happy now?
!!!INDIANS.jpg

Whats your problem with me wanting Glasgow to win?
It would be great for Scottish rugby if Glasgow has a good season in Europe esp if they could make it to the final.

I'm not necessarily a fan but as a neutral I was routing for Glasgow not sure why that bothers you.

You happy now?
!!!INDIANS.jpg

My last was meant as a joke and i realĺy assumed you'd take it that way.

And i removed the dislike from your post earlier that was meant as a joke too but see why you may have not liked that one.

Theres nothing wrong with with supporting a different team you like watching. Was all judt meant as banter

But sorry man no offence intended. Support who ever you want :)

You're right. Having internationals Kearney, Ringrose, O'Loughlin, Sexton, Fardy, Leavy, O'Brien and Heaslip out made Leinster a better team..........

Leinster have excellent strength in depth but it was seriously put to the test today. They'll need Fardy and Sexton back at a minimum next week, despite Ryan and Byrne playing well in their absence. Looks like Nacewa picked up an injury in the first half too so O'Loughlin will also be needed ASAP..
Obviously not meant in that manner Snoop. Expected more from you

Obviously not meant in that manner Snoop. Expected more from you
Perhaps it was a little sarcastic! Let's re-examine the quote and assume that you're only talking about the situation in the second row.
Injuries probably helped. Ryan is a talent and I've seen top locks and he looks the part.
James Ryan is a superb talent. I honestly can't think about one aspect of his game that's subpar; he leads well, hits like a train, carries strongly, supports play, has great hands, adds ballast to scrums and is good out of touch. However he had one total start as a pro player and 100 minutes on the field for his province. He's coming off a month out through injury. Playing a monstrous pack from a team topping the Top 14.

The man he replaced has started the season brilliantly for Leinster. He demolishes rucks and shows great workrate. He's incredibly disruptive to opposition rucks. He's been capped almost 40 times and has nearly 100 Super Rugby appearances. He's match fit.

To say James Ryan coming in ahead of Scott Fardy improved Leinster is plainly wrong. Ryan will become a phenomenal player and I'm delighted to see him get lots of game time. By the end of the season, injury permitting, he'll be neck and neck with Devin Toner and Scott Fardy when it comes to selection for big games. Next week with Fardy back in contention, I'd be very surprised if Ryan isn't moved down to the bench and used as an impact sub.

If we're to examine the "Injuries probably helped" line, as pointed out the calibre of player missing can't have improved the team. You could argue that it has allowed Leinster to rotate their squad which may stand to them later in the season. You could possibly also argue that it's a great sign that 12 of the starting XV were born in 1990 or later which bodes well for the future. Against that, had anyone been asked five years ago what the current Leinster team would like like now, chances are that'd namecheck Jamie Hagan, Marty Moore, John Cooney, Ian McKinley, Ian Madigan, Eoin O'Malley, Luke Fitzgerald, Niall Morris, Andrew Conway and Brendan Macken among the mainstays of the team. Who knows what the future holds?

Perhaps it was a little sarcastic! Let's re-examine the quote and assume that you're only talking about the situation in the second row.

James Ryan is a superb talent. I honestly can't think about one aspect of his game that's subpar; he leads well, hits like a train, carries strongly, supports play, has great hands, adds ballast to scrums and is good out of touch. However he had one total start as a pro player and 100 minutes on the field for his province. He's coming off a month out through injury. Playing a monstrous pack from a team topping the Top 14.

The man he replaced has started the season brilliantly for Leinster. He demolishes rucks and shows great workrate. He's incredibly disruptive to opposition rucks. He's been capped almost 40 times and has nearly 100 Super Rugby appearances. He's match fit.

To say James Ryan coming in ahead of Scott Fardy improved Leinster is plainly wrong. Ryan will become a phenomenal player and I'm delighted to see him get lots of game time. By the end of the season, injury permitting, he'll be neck and neck with Devin Toner and Scott Fardy when it comes to selection for big games. Next week with Fardy back in contention, I'd be very surprised if Ryan isn't moved down to the bench and used as an impact sub.

If we're to examine the "Injuries probably helped" line, as pointed out the calibre of player missing can't have improved the team. You could argue that it has allowed Leinster to rotate their squad which may stand to them later in the season. You could possibly also argue that it's a great sign that 12 of the starting XV were born in 1990 or later which bodes well for the future. Against that, had anyone been asked five years ago what the current Leinster team would like like now, chances are that'd namecheck Jamie Hagan, Marty Moore, John Cooney, Ian McKinley, Ian Madigan, Eoin O'Malley, Luke Fitzgerald, Niall Morris, Andrew Conway and Brendan Macken among the mainstays of the team. Who knows what the future holds?
That is my point. Injuries have helped develop that depth and no doubt Ryan isn't ahead of boys. I'm well aware how Fardy has started season but Ryan stood up and got experience and for 1st time in years Leinster have genuine depth at lock.

This forum can be an absolute ghost town at times...

Here are the Exeter and Leinster sides for their meeting at Sandy park on Sunday; looks like it could be the fixture of the weekend.

15 Phil Dollman
14 James Short
13 Henry Slade
12 Ian Whitten
11 Olly Woodburn
10 Gareth Steenson (capt)
9 Nic White
1 Alec Hepburn
2 Luke Cowan-Dickie
3 Harry Williams
4 Mitch Lees
5 Jonny Hill
6 Don Armand
7 Matt Kvesic
8 Thomas Waldrom

16 Jack Yeandle
17 Ben Moon
18 Tomas Francis
19 Sam Skinner
20 Sam Simmonds
21 Will Chudley
22 Sam Hill
23 Jack Nowell

15. Rob Kearney (188)
14. Fergus McFadden (158)
13. Garry Ringrose (40)
12. Robbie Henshaw (16)
11. Isa Nacewa (175) CAPTAIN
10. Johnny Sexton (139)
9. Luke McGrath (83)

1. Cian Healy (180)
2. Seán Cronin (139)
3. Tadhg Furlong (72)
4. Devin Toner (205)
5. Scott Fardy (8)
6. Rhys Ruddock (138)
7. Seán O'Brien (112)
8. Jack Conan (61)

16. James Tracy (51)
17. Jack McGrath (119)
18. Michael Bent (96)
19. James Ryan (5)
20. Josh van der Flier (54)
21. Jamison Gibson-Park (38)
22. Ross Byrne (35)
23. Jordan Larmour (8)

Still going with Simmonds and Nowell off the bench?

Still going with Simmonds and Nowell off the bench?

Waldrom and Short both had really good games last week ,so wouldnt have been right to drop them.
Not a bad couple to bring on if things aren't going to well though.
Should be a cracking game.

So who is the favourite for the Chiefs vs Leinster game. Premiership champions/top of the prem and in good form but looking at the team sheets leinster are taking this serious and have a strong squad, even at sandy park im nervous about this one.

"The top seats, at the top table, where Munster have sat for so long"...

Slip of the tongue but my God English commentators would rather see Munster be great again the most Munster of Munstermen. (Old definition, not lovers of big wages and low Gaulish tax)

Ok so can anyone more knowledgeable about the laws clarify. Are players allowed to pass the ball off the floor if the tackle has been completed, because I've heard some pundits say it's illegal, yet it's consistently happening and refs are not blowing for it.

Ok so can anyone more knowledgeable about the laws clarify. Are players allowed to pass the ball off the floor if the tackle has been completed, because I've heard some pundits say it's illegal, yet it's consistently happening and refs are not blowing for it.

My understanding is that once there's no ruck it's fine so it has to be done fairly quickly.

Nothing wrong with holding the ball until a ruck is formed. Passing from the bottom of the ruck is illegal.

Latest posts