• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

What a load of ****. Verstappen didn't even make the corner himself. Just let him do whatever the **** he wants.

How many times has Verstappen just driven people off the track now when they threaten to overtake him? That wasn't even marginal, he went right off the track too. He kamikazed to prevent Hamilton passing. Again if Hamilton doesn't take avoiding action, Verstappen would have hit him.

I get the argument Verstappen may have just slipped wide (it'll be ******** but I get the idea he may have). But to not investigate it, coupled with a 20 place penalty for the most marginal of infringements (a penalty was deserved just not that a big one) you definitely get the feeling the FIA don't want Hamilton to win this year.

I get the argument Verstappen may have just slipped wide (it'll be ******** but I get the idea he may have). But to not investigate it, coupled with a 20 place penalty for the most marginal of infringements (a penalty was deserved just not that a big one) you definitely get the feeling the FIA don't want Hamilton to win this year.
The weirdest thing is we still haven't seen the on-board video for Verstappen. That footage is definitely there and available and normally in these situations they show both drivers on board footage. Why has Verstappens on board footage, which would show how he was steering, not been shown anywhere?

The weirdest thing is we still haven't seen the on-board video for Verstappen. That footage is definitely there and available and normally in these situations they show both drivers on board footage. Why has Verstappens on board footage, which would show how he was steering, not been shown anywhere?

Here we go...

Now I'm happy for the late them race principal the two incidents so far this season should of been no penalty in my opinion. However this is just being inconsistently applied the only difference this weekend was Hamilton backing off because the risk was too high not to.

They're judging outcomes not the actual risk.

Now I'm happy for the late them race principal the two incidents so far this season should of been no penalty in my opinion. However this is just being inconsistently applied the only difference this weekend was Hamilton backing off because the risk was too high not to.

They're judging outcomes not the actual risk.
His comments come across as extremely feeble. He says both drivers went off, but then when it is pointed out Hamilton only went off because Verstappen forced him off, he just shrugs and goes "that's racing". No, it isn't. Verstappen was behind Hamilton, dived up the inside, didn't make the corner and forced him off the track. He then ended up ahead of Hamilton so he gained from that situation. The whole process was shambolic, Verstappen has done this so many times now and it's telling that when he is on the outside and gets edged out, there is a crash. Both Silverstone and Monza had Verstappen on the outside and crashes happened. Every other time this season it's been Hamilton on the outside getting edged out and crashes don't happen.

There is racing and what Verstappen is doing is not that. I think the fact he said he may have given a black and white flag is pretty important as that would have prevented Verstappen weaving the next lap or face being disqualified.

It is staggering though how the conclude no investigation is necessary without seeing possibly the most important piece of information to determine that. It also still needs to be answered why that footage still hasn't been made available. WTF is going on? Can punishments be applied retrospectively if it's shown he intentionally turned into Hamilton?

I'm kind of at a lost on this one. I wanna see people driving to the limit to win the race. Part of that is staying on the track and following the rules of the sport. The FIA has made it pretty clear that the rules don't apply to Verstappen or Charles so idk how you are ever supposed to pass them without a huge difference in pace.

Latest posts