• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

TBF to Vettel, I'd say he really turned a corner with respect to becoming more likeable in the latter stages of being at Ferrari. Maybe it's the whole no longer competing for a ***le thing that does that. Then again Mazepin isn't competing for anything and is pretty universally hated.

EDIT can we fix the overzealous censoring of ti tle?

TBF to Vettel, I'd say he really turned a corner with respect to becoming more likeable in the latter stages of being at Ferrari. Maybe it's the whole no longer competing for a ***le thing that does that. Then again Mazepin isn't competing for anything and is pretty universally hated.

EDIT can we fix the overzealous censoring of ti tle?
I can't think of many guys who were well liked and competing, a lot of it is tribalism or being bored by dominance though.

Hakkinen, Kimi, Button all come to mind. Alonso not far behind but he certainly had his moments.

I love some good pay driver hate too!

Finally caught the highlights. Same as at Silverstone (and I know Alpha will disagree), but Max does the same to Hamilton and Hamilton backs out. Hamilton does it and Max refuses. Simple fact is Max is the more dangerous driver and as I've said before often wins places by forcing drivers to back out or have an accident. Most are sensible and back out, yet when the show is on the other foot, Max refuses and accidents happen.

Honestly I would have more time for Max if he didn't literally do exactly the same and then expect others to back out, but refuses himself. He only has himself to blame. Hamilton could have quite easily hit Verstappen on the opening lap and said that's what you get if you don't leave space.

People keep repeating this, but it never happened
It's also a funny one when you consider many of the same fans probably (rightly) dismissed the criticism of Hamilton parading the Union flag when Max was literally in hospital. Hamilton was still trying to drive his car at the time too.

Finally caught the highlights. Same as at Silverstone (and I know Alpha will disagree), but Max does the same to Hamilton and Hamilton backs out. Hamilton does it and Max refuses. Simple fact is Max is the more dangerous driver and as I've said before often wins places by forcing drivers to back out or have an accident. Most are sensible and back out, yet when the show is on the other foot, Max refuses and accidents happen.

Honestly I would have more time for Max if he didn't literally do exactly the same and then expect others to back out, but refuses himself. He only has himself to blame. Hamilton could have quite easily hit Verstappen on the opening lap and said that's what you get if you don't leave space.
Meh, don't know how you can say Max has to pull out of both and leave Hamilton blameless. There also was contact on lap 1 it was just wheel to wheel so Hamilton bounced out onto the kerbs rather than crash, one or both could easily have had their race end there. Hamilton also whinged that he wasn't given space for what that's worth.

Trying to paint one as more sportsmanlike than the other this season is a tough sell and not something I'm seeing much of. Both aren't giving an inch and driving with their elbows out. Whether you want to call it dirty/reckless/aggressive or whatever I think you have to apply it to both.

From a pure championship points perspective I'm still not sure if Verstappen did the best thing. Hamilton still has to deal with Norris just ahead who he'd struggled with and Perez later on. Hamilton would have been vulnerable on aged softs whereas Verstappen's hard tyres would have given him a chance (provided he makes the same overtakes). If the plan was always to take the grid penalty bin Russia it was probably the "prudent" play.

Meh, don't know how you can say Max has to pull out of both and leave Hamilton blameless. There also was contact on lap 1 it was just wheel to wheel so Hamilton bounced out onto the kerbs rather than crash, one or both could easily have had their race end there. Hamilton also whinged that he wasn't given space for what that's worth.

Trying to paint one as more sportsmanlike than the other this season is a tough sell and not something I'm seeing much of. Both aren't giving an inch and driving with their elbows out. Whether you want to call it dirty/reckless/aggressive or whatever I think you have to apply it to both.

From a pure championship points perspective I'm still not sure if Verstappen did the best thing. Hamilton still has to deal with Norris just ahead who he'd struggled with and Perez later on. Hamilton would have been vulnerable on aged softs whereas Verstappen's hard tyres would have given him a chance (provided he makes the same overtakes). If the plan was always to take the grid penalty bin Russia it was probably the "prudent" play.

Not saying Hamilton isn't being aggressive because he is. However, generally he will back out rather than cause an accident, where as twice now Max has refused to back out and an accident has happened. You can argue as to whether Max was entitled to the driving line in Silverstone, but he still turned in knowing Hamilton was there. There was a similar incident earlier and Hamilton backed out. This race he cuts across Hamilton and while there is contact Hamilton ends up driving off the track. Hamilton does the same and Max keeps going. Yes there not identical, but evidence is mounting that Max refuses to back out when others will and he gets away with it usually. When he doesn't it's apparently not his fault. I still feel he got away with Silverstone on a technicality. He drove into Hamilton, but was 'technically' entitled to the racing line.

Actually having watching the first incident this weekend I'd accept Hamilton turns into Max and squeezes Max for the wheel contact, though they are side by side and Max does miss the apex (which apparently is what entitles you to the racing line, but hey, let's ignore that). However, once the wheels touch Hamilton breaks off and goes offer track. On the second incident, Max is never along side Hamilton, he's not in a realistic position to overtake and then when he's squeezed he continues on knowing that he will either hit Hamilton or Hamilton will be forced to back out. That's why he's dangerous. He's not racing hard, he's racing where either you give him the space or he causes an accident.

Has anyone else watched Schumacher on Netflix.

I thought it was good and gave a good insight into the man but man it's a hard watch. He was probably my first ever sporting hero.

Going to be hard to see Mazepin when he runs off the track as the Haas is painted identically to the run off area.

if you try to defend a max move your race could be over so it's understandable

This is a great race to be fair. Heard Sochi is hated by more experienced fans, but there's a tonne of overtaking happening.

Honestly everyone bar bottas, yuki, and haas are putting in an excellent shift.
I understand Valerti not playing the team game but you'd think out of selfishness he'd put up some fight.
Also Lewis is washed.

Latest posts