• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

what an absolute farce. Sorry George, no podium in my personal record book for you.

No George slander please. The man can do no wrong.
listen. I can't wait for him to win 15 straight ***les for Mercedes but I can't believe points were given yesterday. Sakhir was the worst I've ever felt for an athlete and George is 100% the successor to Lewis in so many different ways. He'll just have to wait for an actual one.

Russell to Merc confirmed. Worst kept secret on the paddock.

Not a huge fan of Russell or anything but Bottas was never close to the level required to race Hamilton. Russell is far more likely to challenge him.

Russell to Merc confirmed. Worst kept secret on the paddock.

Not a huge fan of Russell or anything but Bottas was never close to the level required to race Hamilton. Russell is far more likely to challenge him.
He's a 'solid' choice, done pretty well at Williams and part of Mercedes drive program so was always going to be him bar any major screw ups. Norris and Gasly being probably the only other prospects available and neither of those have outshone Russell when relative equipment comes into to play.

He's a 'solid' choice, done pretty well at Williams and part of Mercedes drive program so was always going to be him bar any major screw ups. Norris and Gasly being probably the only other prospects available and neither of those have outshone Russell when relative equipment comes into to play.
I'd say he's an optimistic choice. Definitely has more race winning potential than Bottas currently and far better than his Williams replacement who I'm fairly annoyed has found a way back into the sport, if Albon thought the AT's raced him too hard in his RB he's in for a shock at Williams...

Norris is in a nice spot as McLaren's number one with an experienced teammate who appears to have lost his fight somewhat.

Gasly is in a strange spot, probably waiting Perez out for the second red bull seat but no one is going to back him as a championship contender with the two young Brits, LeClerc and Verstappen about so playing safe is definitely in his best interest.

Is it actually going to take someone having a serious accident on track or a mechanic being run over for the FIA to sort out this ridiculous queuing situation? Drivers have to take some responsibility too, but ultimately FIA make the rules and the situation is beyond a joke.

Yeah this is such a shambles. Don't know what you can do about it, only really an issue around Monza and Austria to a lesser degree and shootout/Rally style time pursuit qualis were never good when trialled.

Hopefully Q3 is deec.

Up until Hungary I thought Bottas was the better man for Mercedes but I think Russell was signed long ago. I do think that him and Hamilton will really give it one last go as they really get on. Gasly is just screwed as Red Bull is too proud to ever let him back in.

I'm a big fan of the qualifying format as is, essentially everyone gets two goes each round if they want it and you can do two push laps. Maybe for the tighter circuits do a lottery for what order you have to go out in?

And Gasly qualifies well but a shaky start means he will probably mean he starts from pit lane. God I hate the sprint qualifying.

Last edited:
Hard to follow all the sport rn! Great sprint quali for Max. Hamilton had a nightmare start. If Norris can keep ahead it all looks very good for McLaren and Max

Well definitely will need to see a replay of that one....

If silverstone was Lewis's fault then that was definitely Max's fault, drove straight into the side of Lewis.

checo needs to learn to learn how to overtake without cutting the pollo.

what a weekend from bottas

If silverstone was Lewis's fault then that was definitely Max's fault, drove straight into the side of Lewis.

checo needs to learn to learn how to overtake without cutting the pollo.

what a weekend from bottas
Also take into account the 1st lap where Max did almost the exact same thing to Hamilton who had to cut the chicane to make the sensible decision. Quite rightly Max wasn't penalised for it.

Latest posts