• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

F1 Racing

Also take into account the 1st lap where Max did almost the exact same thing to Hamilton who had to cut the chicane to make the sensible decision. Quite rightly Max wasn't penalised for it.
Same thoughts

Moany Horner saying racing incident so you know full well they can't stick with Hamilton for anything.

Probably more Max. Not worth a grid penalty imo, would have been 10 seconds had he somehow kept going.

More or less agree with everything Massa said.

Probably more Max. Not worth a grid penalty imo, would have been 10 seconds had he somehow kept going.

More or less agree with everything Massa said.
I'd have chalked it as 5 seconds if anything but if Silverstone is 10 seconds this is pretty much the exact same thing (except Max really did have no hope in hell of making it stick).

I'd say racing incident if I'm honest like I said for Silverstone but precedence was set there.

Certainly hard to argue at all for grid penalties.

Sausage kerbs definitely need to be banned though not the first time they launched a car at another in air.

I'm finding Verstappen intensely dislikable. He drives like a maniac, never backs out of a 50/50 and now walks off in a strop the wrong way on a live circuit making no effort to check on the driver who he has just parked his car on top of.

He is very fast and clearly talented but damn he has to learn when to back off.

He's never been likable. When he was first promoted to Red Bull he would defend by moving multiple times under braking but was never penalized. His best overtake is when he shoved leclerc off track at Austria. If he doesn't get away from the pack at green flag he's screwed cause he can't overtake without trading paint.

Probably the two most unlikeable drivers on the grid, at least it's making a great championship battle.

I don't mind Max but can definitely understand where the hate comes from, used to dislike him when he was getting preference from RB over Ricciardo despite not performing as well in races. At least he shows a bit of character and personality off the track unlike his rival. Aggressive, arrogant driving is how most if not all the greats drive when under pressure too.

Did anyone see the clip of Hamilton "squaring up" to the camera in the paddock and then totally blanking a young fan yesterday? Always manages to **** up any shred of sympathy I have for him.

Last edited:
Probably the two most unlikeable drivers on the grid, at least it's making a great championship battle.

I don't mind Max but can definitely understand where the hate comes from, used to dislike him when he was getting preference from RB over Ricciardo despite not performing as well in races. At least he shows a bit of character and personality off the track unlike his rival. Aggressive, arrogant driving is how most if not all the greats drive when under pressure too.

Did anyone see the clip of Hamilton "squaring up" to the camera in the paddock and then totally blanking a young fan yesterday? Always manages to **** up any shred of sympathy I have for him.
Seb when he was on top and even at Ferrari was still more dislikable than Hamilton or Verstappen. The multi 1-2 incident still irks.

Still Red Bull's coddling of Verstappen is frustrating as hell I don't think any of his team mates have been allowed to even get close to competing with him. Either the Red Bull is a complete dog which Verstappen is driving the pants off of and all his previous team mates are now in far superior machinery or the car and team are so geared towards him nobody can compete in the same team. At least with Mercedez (and McLaren previously) you know the teams aren't compromising the 2nd driver so much they can pick up points (and in one instance the championship) when Hamilton doesn't get the job done.

Weirdly I like Lewis more now than I did at the start of the season, but I think that's because I dislike Max so much...

If Redbull hadn't ****** the pitstop and annoyed Max as a result, I don't think he makes that move, it was pure red mist imo and he knew that if Lewis got away then he was probably winning the race / taking the championship lead so there was nothing to lose. It's a dangerous and unsporting attitude but entirely consistent with his character.

The worst thing was the walking away with no care for how lewis was doing, there is a chance there (definite without the halo) that lewis would have a broken neck / head or worse with the car on top of him and Max just walked away... There is a line between arrogance and self belief, Max seems to already think he's gods gift to racing and everyone else is a side character

Weirdly I like Lewis more now than I did at the start of the season, but I think that's because I dislike Max so much...

If Redbull hadn't ****** the pitstop and annoyed Max as a result, I don't think he makes that move, it was pure red mist imo and he knew that if Lewis got away then he was probably winning the race / taking the championship lead so there was nothing to lose. It's a dangerous and unsporting attitude but entirely consistent with his character.

The worst thing was the walking away with no care for how lewis was doing, there is a chance there (definite without the halo) that lewis would have a broken neck / head or worse with the car on top of him and Max just walked away... There is a line between arrogance and self belief, Max seems to already think he's gods gift to racing and everyone else is a side character
He did check before leaving his car, however there was also the "that what happens if you don't leave a gap" line.

Walking on the track (dangerous, should actually be penalised for that more than the incident itself) behind Hamilton while attempting to reverse (also dangerous) was a dick move though. The Mercedez was too damaged to get going but it was clearly to Hamilton from being able to get back in the race (because there's no reason to ever enter the track).

Seb when he was on top and even at Ferrari was still more dislikable than Hamilton or Verstappen. The multi 1-2 incident still irks.

I always liked Seb to be honest, he was such an exceptional driver until his crash in Hockenheim and always got the result when it was needed with Red Bull. I think he took accountability for mistakes far better than Hamilton or Verstappen ever did too, he made less in his prime but never had that GOAT type pace Hamilton and Verstappen have both shown. Multi-21 was way out of order and totally needless though.

Hopefully McLaren and Ferrari can give Lando and Leclerc championship drives soon because I think they're the most likeable WDC level drivers on the grid. Neither are a soft touch either.

Red Bull is a strange case, every teammate Max has had has started quite well bar Gasly and I think the 2019 car was a dog that Verstappen dragged every ounce of performance out of. The fall off in the second half of the season doesn't really make sense as a result. Otherwise it just looks like Schumacher in his early Ferrari days, he could be competitive and win races in a car that Irvine could barely score points in. Irvine could drive too as 99 showed.

The back end of this season will be insane. Hamilton will almost certainly take the lead in Russia where Max will presumably take his engine penalty.

there was also the "that what happens if you don't leave a gap" line.
That cracked me up tbh. So unprofessional. Whatever we think of either driver, this could end up being the most enthralling F1 season in at least a decade.

Max's engineer ******** on mclaren's pit stop and then immediately having a 10 second pit stop was glorious.

the whole sport doesn't really have likable characters and they better they are the more unlivable they seem to be. Lewis has all the ingredients to be likable it just doesn't seem to add up to me.

Max's engineer ******** on mclaren's pit stop and then immediately having a 10 second pit stop was glorious.

the whole sport doesn't really have likable characters and they better they are the more unlivable they seem to be. Lewis has all the ingredients to be likable it just doesn't seem to add up to me.
there are plenty of likable characters, Lando, DR, Leclerc to name a few. Once they're at the top they tend to be wankers tbf

Going back to your statement here. Your first line is this season in a nutshell for me. For a bit I thought I was turning into a Lewis fan but it was really just me wanting max to never win a wdc.

your right about the rookie class from a few years ago, they are pretty likable but it's easy to be pals when you are competing for 7th or 10th.

Going back to your statement here. Your first line is this season in a nutshell for me. For a bit I thought I was turning into a Lewis fan but it was really just me wanting max to never win a wdc.

your right about the rookie class from a few years ago, they are pretty likable but it's easy to be pals when you are competing for 7th or 10th.
They're fighting for 4th/5th down in fairness but yes, once the new regs come in itll be interesting to see how they balance friendship and fighting for a WDC

Latest posts