TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
Albert-VuliVuli_2588119.jpg

Fiji's Rugby World Cup squad received a major boost after 27 European-based players declared their availability to play for their country at this year's event.

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_6887670,00.html

Visited Ireland eh? How interesting.

Still, good for Fiji. Any player who is held back by their club from the world cup should feel robbed. Anyone know what the craic is with the whole political situation now?

Fantastic for Fiji if they can get him back. I can't think of a better Full back operating in the Northern Hemisphere. Dangerous counter runner, good boot, safe in the air. The full sheebang

I don't think Nacewa will play for Fiji again, just out of principle. Love to see him play for them again, especially in a RWC. Caucau would be good, but I doubt he'll be fit or fast enough to play like the Caucau of old. Looks like a possible centre option, but VuliVuli is arguably a better centre at the moment.

I think the Fijians feel Nacewa is a bit of a Judas soo i dont think hell play and I dont think hes interested anyway (Shame he is a quality player). Caucau at his best would be nice to see play on the world Stage again.. I have the world cup 2003 review DVDs which I used to watch over and over and I loved the bits where Caucau would turn the opposition on their heads and just Blitz them with his sheer pace and power (Even if only for two games). A very fascinating player to watch at his best, problem has been that he has turned up myabe 3-4 times for fiji in the 8 years since then. But last I saw of him he was very much soo overweight, and his attitude off the field will likely see him not feature for Fiji which again is a shame. Does anyeone know of the actual list of 27 players that Fiji were interested in?

I hope Nacewa plays for fiji. I don't understand why he does not want to represent fiji or why he not getting selected? Is there any sort of grudge?
When he was in NZ he was trying to get into the ABs, he would have easily but he had already represented Fiji before.

Nacewa played for Fiji at the 2003 world cup. He came on as a sub for like 2 minutes in the game vs Scotland. Since then they have asked him to play but during his time in New Zealand he made countless attempts to switch alliegance so he could become elligible to play for the All Blacks instead. He was unable to do so though due to the One country for life ruling by the IRB but I think his actions has insulted and offended alot of the Fijian community. I dont think theyll want to ask him to play ever again even though he has the Talent to play and start.

Rumours I have read and heard is that the Fiji coach did go and see Nacewa so I would not count him out of the WC yet.

Latest posts