• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: Fiji vs. Uruguay (06/10/2015)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
vTRhZ65.png

Fiji.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Uruguay.png

Stadiummk, Milton Keynes (06/10/2015, 20:00)
Pool A, Round 3

Referee: JP Doyle
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png

Fiji: Kini Murimurivalu, Aseli Tikoirotuma, Vereniki Goneva, Lepani Botia, Nemani Nadolo, Ben Volavola, Nemia Kenatale; Sakiusa Matadigo, Akapusi Qera (captain), Dominiko Waqaniburotu, Leone Nakarawa, Api Ratuniyarawa, Leroy Atalifo, Sunia Koto, Campese Ma'afu. Reserves: Viliame Veikoso, Peni Ravia, Taniela Koroi, Tevita Cavubati, Netani Talei, Henry Seniloli, Josh Matavesi, Timoci Nagusa

Uruguay: Gaston Mieres, Santiago Gibernau, Joaquin Prada, Andres Vilaseca, Rodrigo Silva, Alejo Duran, Agustin Ormaechea; Alejandro Nieto, Matias Beer, Juan Manuel Gaminara, Jorge Zerbino, Santiago Vilaseca (captain), Mario Sagario, Carlos Arboleya, Alejo Corral. Reserves: German Kessler, Oscar Duran, Mateo Sanguinetti, Mathias Palomeque, Franco Lamanna, Juan De Freitas, Jeronimo Etcheverry, Francisco Bulanti

Japan beat South Africa, can Uruguay do the same against Fiji?

Bravo fantastic a 2nd try for the Uruguayans keeping them in, game on!!

What a stupid way to end up a world cup. So sorry for him.

God this ref is terrible, ma'afu a yellow for what???

Cavubati elbowed the Uruguayan who tried to protect the ball. That is what sparked it all

Last edited:
Nakarawa has to be one of the premier locks in the world. What a standout player he is. I hear he is quite a big contributor as to why the Fijian scrum is so good too!

Good game Fiji, good game Uruguay for that matter!

Sad to see Fiji go to be honest. If they got a draw similar to either Tonga or Samoa, first and foremost I'm pretty sure they would not be having to go through qualification for RWC2019, but furthermore I genuinely think they would have been a chance to go through the the QFs. Not only did they get a horror pool, but they got a horror draw as well. Having to backup from the Eng game only a few days later to play OZ, and then another tough game vs Wales after that. It really is something world rugby need to look at.

I know the rules give the ref the liberty to red card Ormaechea, but i a single phrase from the referee could have avoided that. Considering uruguayans' mother tongue ain't english i don't think a tad of lenience is too much to ask for.

Agreed. It was stupid putting Fiji in the group of death , it is silly these groups are done 3 years in advance of the tournament and Fiji were condemned before this tournament kicked off and rugby is the loser , Fiji are just so good watch and I admire the way the play the game but things need to change because that pool A was just ridiculous !

I know the rules give the ref the liberty to red card Ormaechea, but i a single phrase from the referee could have avoided that. Considering uruguayans' mother tongue ain't english i don't think a tad of lenience is too much to ask for.

I'm not sure what else the ref could have done really. I mean the game was getting out of control. That was the 3rd time in only a few minutes where things had blown up - he couldnt let that go on any longer so IMO he had to yellow them both.

On top of that he had warned both teams after the last incident so they should have all known. It certainly sux for the little halfy but he should have known better.

I don't concur. "Stop being cocks" was easily understood by all after the previous ruckus. The very next opportunity presented the 9 decides to be a bellend. To be fair that's probably not a langauge thing, more a scrum half thing.

Agreed. It was stupid putting Fiji in the group of death , it is silly these groups are done 3 years in advance of the tournament and Fiji were condemned before this tournament kicked off and rugby is the loser , Fiji are just so good watch and I admire the way the play the game but things need to change because that pool A was just ridiculous !

How is the draw done? do you know? Cause it was also bloody stupid putting the host nation with any more than 1 top tier nation, let alone 2 + another top 10 nation. I hope they learnt form that with Japan in the next RWC. In this case not only did rugby supporters lose out because of this, but presumably world rugby (and definately the UK ecomony) lost a packet of money on it as well. However it was done it was idiotic at best!

Latest posts