• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Pool A: Australia vs. Uruguay (27/09/2015)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
vTRhZ65.png

Australia.png
Versus%20Telstra.png
Uruguay.png

Villa Park, Birmingham (27/09/2015, 12:00)
Pool A, Round 2

Referee: Pascal Gaüzère
23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png

The forgotten thread!

Aussies playing some good stuff, their depth is scary considering how England are almost out (hilarity) and we're being gaffa taped together

The forgotten thread!

Aussies playing some good stuff, their depth is scary considering how England are almost out (hilarity) and we're being gaffa taped together
I'm hoping your gaffa tape doesn't work by Thursday...

But yeah Aus looking clinical here if they don't smash Uruguay by 60+ points something has gone wrong.

AUS playing well but against Uruguay, they'd be question marks if they didn't smash them.

Swing Low sounding out again. Dear Christ make it stop.

I'm empathise with the idea of these games being necessary to provide experience for tier 2/3 sides but I can't help but feel that maybe in this game the resources gap is just too much of a stretch in terms of this well meaning concept.
Amateur vs professional - not convinced that this is the best showcase for the game. It almost makes the Aussies look like school yard bullies.

I'm empathise with the idea of these games being necessary to provide experience for tier 2/3 sides but I can't help but feel that maybe in this game the resources gap is just too much of a stretch in terms of this well meaning concept.
Amateur vs professional - not convinced that this is the best showcase for the game. It almost makes the Aussies look like school yard bullies.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I'll agree no one likes seeing these, but Canada would have got a boost of how well they played against Italy.

Australia are running some beautiful backline moves. Lots of skill on the forwards. Cooper's had a bit of a shocking day from the tee.

Australia doesn't have a better quicker than Quade?? In a close match will be the difference between winning and losing.

Australia are running some beautiful backline moves. Lots of skill on the forwards. Cooper's had a bit of a shocking day from the tee.

They do, need to rid of the unforced errors, handling for example. Wider posts for Cooper are needed.

to be fair with quade cooper, all of his kicks were from the sideline. Thank god he is on the B team though. Foley has been much better lately

Some pretty slick moves and some great passing from Quade, but a lot of errors too and **** me if Quade's kicking seems to be getting worse year on year...