• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

First Trailer for RWC 2011 - NOW LIVE!

Were's the gameplay today!!!!!! I love this game I've been supporting it since day 1!!! TO be honest I loved the tackles from 08 and am happy with it

Yea, it is funny how, if you take a look at the poll I posted so many more seemed to enjoy Rugby 2008 than not and 2011 game play is based on it, with improvement in rucks, set plays, and animations, (no super man tackles) (more realistic), I think honestly this will be exactly like a fifa vs pes battle, we will have 2 fun games because both teams have experience in makeing rugby games(even though it was league for Sidhne .(no need to bash either game at this point)..
Cheers and Salud

Yea, it is funny how, if you take a look at the poll I posted so many more seemed to enjoy Rugby 2008 than not and 2011 game play is based on it,

Its not the case that if you liked 08 you HAVE to like 11. Its very probably the case in a lot of instances that people expect far more 4 years down the line than what they are being offered. I accept however that there will be some that will be quite happy with an updated 08 and be able to ignore the lack of changes to bring it more in line with current tech.

What I generally have a problem with is people blindly defending what has been shown so far because of some link with the company involved and the other people who keep saying " were rugby scum and we should be grateful were getting anything ".

We deserve everything that anyone else in a sports franchise gets. Its that realistic? Absolutely not. But I refuse to settle for second best just because of the sport I follow. Have I been dissapointed and am likely to be in the future? Very possibly, however I still refuse to accept anything second rate and be thankful for it.

Why is any defence 'blind', yet any attack justified? I haven't played the game, I have no links or loyalty to either Sidhe or HB, but I think ANY opinion based on zero gameplay is massively premature...

Why is any defence 'blind', yet any attack justified? I haven't played the game, I have no links or loyalty to either Sidhe or HB, but I think ANY opinion based on zero gameplay is massively premature...
Any gameplay opinion would be, however based on current evidence the gameplay would have to absolutely zing to carry those graphics. The " get this baby up to 88 " diving tries and the " hey lets have the whole playground chase the ball " running around sadly fill me with dread.

pickle, although obviously I want Rugby Challenge to be awesome as it has better depth in teams, game modes and better graphics, because of your idiotic postings a small part of me now wants the gameplay in RC to be so bad its completely unplayable, just to hear your little sob as you realise you have at least 4 years until the next rugby game, and all you have to play is rwc11.

pickle, although obviously I want Rugby Challenge to be awesome as it has better depth in teams, game modes and better graphics, because of your idiotic postings a small part of me now wants the gameplay in RC to be so bad its completely unplayable, just to hear your little sob as you realise you have at least 4 years until the next rugby game, and all you have to play is rwc11.
What on earth are you going on about?Its not rocket science. Why would anyone now want rwc to play better than rc? Rc looks better and has better options. I dont care which one you play because of who made it etc, thats a nothing to me. Graphics are not the be all and end all, but if i can have them while keeping the gameplay then i want them.Its not that i want rwc to play bad, i just hope rc plays better so my choice is easy and i know my game plays and looks great. Not sure whats hard to grasp about that?

What on earth are you going on about?Its not rocket science. Why would anyone now want rwc to play better than rc? Rc looks better and has better options. I dont care which one you play because of who made it etc, thats a nothing to me. Graphics are not the be all and end all, but if i can have them while keeping the gameplay then i want them.Its not that i want rwc to play bad, i just hope rc plays better so my choice is easy and i know my game plays and looks great. Not sure whats hard to grasp about that?

Sorry what game did you develop? When did you play RC?

Why are people so bloody obsessed with trying to create a war between people who want both games to be good and people who only want RC to be good, and anyone who even hints at RWC being anything other than the worst game in history is a one eyed fool.

Why are people so bloody obsessed with trying to create a war between people who want both games to be good and people who only want RC to be good, and anyone who even hints at RWC being anything other than the worst game in history is a one eyed fool.
Rwc will not be the worst game in history, thats guaranteed. That honor goes to rugby2004.

I thought Rugby 04 had some very advanced features for it's time. It seemed HB were criticised doing too much for that game.

I've had it with this thread! I'm going to buy both, enjoy both and that's that.

Can we please try to keep this constructive, if your not happy with the Trailer, give HB Studios Ideas of what you would like to see in the trailer, feedback doesn't have to be negative. Yes we are disappointed with the trailer but the proof is in the playing of the game....

I've said this a few times but we have nothing to be grateful for, it isn't charity! Anyway, I would gladly praise HB if the demo turns out to be really good, let's just wait and see then.
Thats what I am saying in a way because people cannot judge so harshly without any playing time. And we have to be grateful for HB's participation on the forums.

Thats what I am saying in a way because people cannot judge so harshly without any playing time. And we have to be grateful for HB's participation on the forums.
I think all people are judging at this point are the visuals and one or two gameplay clues such as the diving tries and the following pack of players. I think thats fair enough as thats all there is to go on at this point.Gameplay at this point is somewhat unknown apart from one review and could be outstanding?

It is clearly and obviously an updated/improved version of '08 which would be fine if it was 2008 or 2009. HB had a limited budget and all the rest of it so I'm pretty sure they've done the best they possibly could've done.. However I don't think that is good enough to make this a good game in 2011. I'm sure it will be ok and decent enough to play but with only 20 teams it needed to be a huge im provement over the last games to justify a purchase. Doesn't look like this is the case.

I realise TRF have a link with the game but you guys need to chill on people that think the game looks average. If the game had an actual website with forums then I'm sure they would vent their opinions there, but as you guys have chosen to be the site to host all the chatter about the game then you should expect people to talk about it on here.

Cue the "you haven't played it so how can you judge it" comments...

Latest posts