• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs New Zealand

its great match but NZ if has Carter Howlet will win! i hope Chabal will play great match

Can't wait to see Shtoves prediction, probably be something along the lines of "Ireland lost to France, so therefore the French must be better than the All Blacks!"

[/b]

That's a bit previous. I'll wait to see who's at half back for the French before predicting a French win.

I think that it will be a really good match but its hard to predict who will win. Everyone assumes that the all blacks will take it, but I think the french will give it all they've got. Its going to be tight but i think that the french have a pretty good shot.

Having watched seemingly unstoppable All Black sides fail to respond to pressure in crunch World Cup games for the last 4 tournaments, I can't help but see this one as emminently loseable for the ABs. When the acid goes on, even guys in the black jersey freeze from time to time. The French are well capable of playing out of their skins and turning New Zealand over. Abs need to just play simple and do it well.
Anyone see that guy Boxis play for the French against Georgia? Very strong kicking game! It'll be interesting to see if he gets a start ahead of Michalak, who I thought looked a bit ordinary last outing. Ellisalde should get the nod at 9, as the other fellow looked to have done his hamstring in during the last match.
For the ABs the result won't hinge on selection too much. Whatever Henry decides on the 50/50 positions, the game will be won by attitude and discipline. Basics will see us through... hopefully

For the back line, I see Clerc starting, and maybe Traille as 15, that will help and second Beauxis for kicks

After that, I think whatever happens, Dominici is still very dangerous, and a added value for kicks. Brilliant try against Georgia after Beauxis foot transmission.
The only fact of his presence might even mark NZ when entering, due to the bad souvenir of his last performance in 99.

For the back line, I see Clerc starting, and maybe Traille as 15, that will help and second Beauxis for kicks

After that, I think whatever happens, Dominici is still very dangerous, and a added value for kicks. Brilliant try against Georgia after Beauxis foot transmission.
The only fact of his presence might even mark NZ when entering, due to the bad souvenir of his last performance in 99.
[/b]

Right about Dominici. I still have nightmares about '99. But were any current ABs on the field in '99 when France ambushed them? Oliver, I guess. He's about the oldest head in the team.

I see now that Lauaki has been suspended for 2 games. That means 1/4 and 1/2 final. Shame, because he's been looking good as an impact player. But he's always looked likely to get in trouble with refs for something or other, just the way he puts himself about the park. Touch ball hungry too ...

New Zealand should win now Frenchies at bay can bite.

Go France! B)

BTW : We will need all the support from the Welsh our 6 nations and NH buds.
you have less than a week to learn the Marseillaise. :bana:

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Right about Dominici. I still have nightmares about '99. But were any current ABs on the field in '99 when France ambushed them? Oliver, I guess. He's about the oldest head in the team.

I see now that Lauaki has been suspended for 2 games. That means 1/4 and 1/2 final. Shame, because he's been looking good as an impact player. But he's always looked likely to get in trouble with refs for something or other, just the way he puts himself about the park. Touch ball hungry too ...
[/b][/quote]
Was only a matter of time b4 he did something stupid. Thank god they left Flavell at home. One thing you can say for Thorne; he's not going to get suspended.

I'm going for France to win.

Mainly because this forum is now more about "us and them" (well us, them and Argentina) and I feel its more important to support my Hemisphere then is is to give any kind of opinion.

My predictions;
France to win by 8 points.
13 Choker threads to be started at the same time

Why not!

I'd like to see France take this game, and i'd like to think it would be a good contest, but odds lean the way of the Kiwi.

Probable French team:

15 Poitrenaud
14 Clerc
13 Traille
12 Jauzion
11 Heymans
10 ... Beauxis !
9 Elissalde
7 Dusautoir
8 Bonnaire
6 Betsen
5 Nallet
4 Pelous
3 De Villiers
2 Ibanez
1 Milloud

On the bench: Michalak (as backup scrum half) Chabal, Poux or Mas, Szarzewski or Bruno, Nyanga, Dominici (Rougerie out of the 22) Skrela.

If it's true, Beauxis at fly half is a very good choice. Audacious too, but I think he's indispensable for us. 8 caps and he's already better under pressure than Skrela & Michalak... a better kicker too, he's our only international boot. (Traille is good too but he's not a goalkicker)

This man is probably one of the next Rugby World's star, with Steyn. I hope he will shine against the ABs... and who knows, he can be the new Christophe Lamaison, the executioner of the Blacks in 99 ;)

Despite that, I see the All Blacks winning by 12.

<div class='quotemain'> ...although Cardiff has been a happy hunting ground for Henry.
[/b]

Evidently, you never watched Wales play under his guidance then.
[/b][/quote]

He had more successes than any Welsh coach bar Ruddock who lucked onto a Grand Slam has had in the last 3 or 4 decades.

well the nz public are writing them off..and again are looking forward to the next match of who they will challenge between the english and aussies..

but i still remain scepticle..but more importantly so does the the allblack management and players so thats all that really matters..these guys heads are in the game and not in the clouds..thats why im predicting a 20point victory but i expect both teams to fire for the 80minutes..but within that time frame who has the most fire power?...i back the allblacks on that one!

GO ABS!!!

Chabal to score a try by smashing through the AB centres and to score the try to win it :)

Chabal to score a try by smashing through the AB centres and to score the try to win it :)
[/b]

Chabal. Entertaining but overrated. Lazy as hell on defence and around the rucks. He just goes for the big smash in attack and defence and leaves the rest of the loosies to do the hard yards.