• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs New Zealand

^^^you pretty much explained sione lauaki hahaha...its a shame hes not in the squad coz him and chabal would have a nice meeting on the field

Probable French team:

15 Poitrenaud
14 Clerc
13 Traille
12 Jauzion
11 Heymans
10 ... Beauxis !
9 Elissalde
7 Dusautoir
8 Bonnaire
6 Betsen
5 Nallet
4 Pelous
3 De Villiers
2 Ibanez
1 Milloud

On the bench: Michalak (as backup scrum half) Chabal, Poux or Mas, Szarzewski or Bruno, Nyanga, Dominici (Rougerie out of the 22) Skrela.

If it's true, Beauxis at fly half is a very good choice. Audacious too, but I think he's indispensable for us. 8 caps and he's already better under pressure than Skrela & Michalak... a better kicker too, he's our only international boot. (Traille is good too but he's not a goalkicker)

This man is probably one of the next Rugby World's star, with Steyn. I hope he will shine against the ABs... and who knows, he can be the new Christophe Lamaison, the executioner of the Blacks in 99 ;)

Despite that, I see the All Blacks winning by 12.
[/b]

So basically the same team we have crushed all too often over the past 4 years. What a relief.... All Blacks by 13 plus, and that's me being generous B)

^^^you pretty much explained sione lauaki hahaha...its a shame hes not in the squad coz him and chabal would have a nice meeting on the field
[/b]

Totally agree. That's why Sione plays 20 minutes a game and is lucky to be on tour. He's not the lynch pin of a forward pack. Neither should Chabal be. Both are supersubs. I only mention it cos I think the ABs will win it in the forwards.

Oh, and on that probable French team, as an AB supporter I hope they leave Dominici out!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Totally agree. That's why Sione plays 20 minutes a game and is lucky to be on tour. He's not the lynch pin of a forward pack. Neither should Chabal be. Both are supersubs. I only mention it cos I think the ABs will win it in the forwards.

Oh, and on that probable French team, as an AB supporter I hope they leave Dominici out!
[/b][/quote]

Why? Because he tore us to shreds in a one off display of genius against us 8 years ago? I'd rather have him play and Clerc not. Clerc is far more a threat than Dominici.

NZ should win this, it would be great to see Luaki vs. Chabal, but because of that stupid suspension we wont be able to see this.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> ...although Cardiff has been a happy hunting ground for Henry.
[/b]

Evidently, you never watched Wales play under his guidance then.
[/b][/quote]

He had more successes than any Welsh coach bar Ruddock who lucked onto a Grand Slam has had in the last 3 or 4 decades.

[/b][/quote]

Statistically Clive Rowlands and John Dawes had more successes.

form wise i think France have a better chance this time than they did in '99. in '99 they played p*ss poor every single match bar that one. At least France have looked good except for the first match. Not that that will change anything, they will still lose.

The definitive team for France:

15... Traille
14 Clerc
13 Marty
12 Jauzion
11 Heymans
10 Beauxis
9 Elissalde
8 Bonnaire
7 Dusautoir
6 Betsen
5 Thion
4 Pelous
3 De Villiers
2 Ibanez
1 Milloud

On the bench: Szarzewski, Poux, Chabal, Harinordoquy, Michalak, Dominici, Poitrenaud.

I don't understand some decisions. Why Nallet on the bench after his great performance ? Pelous has been injured and he's too old. Why Harinordoquy on the bench ? He has been injured too and not really impressive, Nyanga deserved it better. And after Heymans, another improvised fullback... if Poitrenaud is so bad, why this guy is our only pure fullback in the squad ? Why Castaignede is at home ? Laporte is a f***ing amateur. At least the boot of Traille can be useful. France will play like Argentina this saturday, I feel it... hope this will work, but the famous french flair seems definitively dead under Laporte and that's sad.

Despite that, the national savior is here at fly half. In Beauxis we trust !

15... Traille
14 Clerc
13 Marty
12 Jauzion
11 Heymans
10 Beauxis
9 Elissalde
8 Bonnaire
7 Dusautoir
6 Betsen
5 Thion
4 Pelous
3 De Villiers
2 Ibanez
1 Milloud

On the bench: Szarzewski, Poux, Chabal, Harinordoquy, Michalak, Dominici, Poitrenaud.

I don't understand some decisions. Why Nallet on the bench after his great performance ? Pelous has been injured and he's too old. Why Harinordoquy on the bench ? He has been injured too and not really impressive, Nyanga deserved it better. And after Heymans, another improvised fullback... if Poitrenaud is so bad, why this guy is our only pure fullback in the squad ? Why Castaignede is at home ? Laporte is a f***ing amateur. At least the boot of Traille can be useful. France will play like Argentina this saturday, I feel it... hope this will work, but the famous french flair seems definitively dead under Laporte and that's sad.

[/b]

Well, Laporte has made his intentions clear on how France will approach this game. With Traille at fullback and Beauxis at 10 France will be kicking for territory all game. Also, Harinordiquy? I agree with you, why is this man even in the 22? Nallet should be starting ahead of geriatric Pelous.

I think this will back fire. Laporte is under estimating our counter attacking prowess, and if you are kicking all day to the likes of Sivivatu and Rokocoko something is bound to happen.

In the forwards I think we have the upper hand in the scrums and definitely the rucks. Dusautoir may be quick but he doesn't seem to be a huge ball winner. Betsen is too slow, but he'll make a crap load of tackles. Bonnaire is a star though, no negatives can be said about him.

I like Beauxis at 10, but at his tender age and with not much big game experience, will he cope well when he goes up against the likes of Carter? And when your forwards are on the back foot, will he ease the pressure? Will be very interesting.

<div class='quotemain'>

15... Traille
14 Clerc
13 Marty
12 Jauzion
11 Heymans
10 Beauxis
9 Elissalde
8 Bonnaire
7 Dusautoir
6 Betsen
5 Thion
4 Pelous
3 De Villiers
2 Ibanez
1 Milloud

[/b]

Well, Laporte has made his intentions clear on how France will approach this game. With Traille at fullback and Beauxis at 10 France will be kicking for territory all game. Also, Harinordiquy? I agree with you, why is this man even in the 22? Nallet should be starting ahead of geriatric Pelous.

I think this will back fire. Laporte is under estimating our counter attacking prowess, and if you are kicking all day to the likes of Sivivatu and Rokocoko something is bound to happen.

In the forwards I think we have the upper hand in the scrums and definitely the rucks. Dusautoir may be quick but he doesn't seem to be a huge ball winner. Betsen is too slow, but he'll make a crap load of tackles. Bonnaire is a star though, no negatives can be said about him.

I like Beauxis at 10, but at his tender age and with not much big game experience, will he cope well when he goes up against the likes of Carter? And when your forwards are on the back foot, will he ease the pressure? Will be very interesting. [/b][/quote]

You're right, but with Michalak it would have been worse... remember his poor kicking against Ireland. At least, Beauxis & Traille can find touch and protect us from the counter attack by Rocko, Sivivatu and cie. Heymans, Elissalde & Marty have also a good foot.

For Beauxis, the man seems impervious to preasure. I remember him in the H-Cup, kicking a 50 metre penalty against the Ospreys, at the last minute of the match. If he had missed it, Stade Français was eliminated... and he succeeded.
He has been excellent too on the decisive game against Scotland in the last 6 Nations. The man is very shy, seems to be living in is own little world, I think he will be OK under preasure...

I don't think both Beauxis' and Traille feet will be there for up and under and by then offering NZ counter attacks but to search as often as possible the touch.

I think by then France hope to contest theses ones and allows a very close defense, and contain NZ attacks as soon as possible.

That should also oblige NZ to maintain a strong third zone cover with players that then will be absent from other game zone, or to be present will have to run a lot, and by then might get more quickly tired.

For me the worriest point at assure for us is the engagement kicks receptions.

I don't think both Beauxis' and Traille feet will be there for up and under and by then offering NZ counter attacks but to search as often as possible the touch.

I think by then France hope to contest theses ones and allows a very close defense, and contain NZ attacks as soon as possible.

That should also oblige NZ to maintain a strong third zone cover with players that then will be absent from other game zone, or to be present will have to run a lot, and by then might get more quickly tired.

For me the worriest point at assure for us is the engagement kicks receptions.
[/b]

Very true. You gave a very safe boot with Beauxis there who does seem to have that strange personality where he is in total control within his head and very cool under pressure, but this will be a big test for him. A world cup 1/4 final vs NZ is much different to a HC match But still if his main role is to kick for touch for your set piece to establish the pressure needed on us, your forwards MUST do the business up front. This is the only region I doubt France will succeed in.

I don't think tiredness or fatigue will ever be a factor for us due to the reconditioning program earlier this year, there have been no glimpses of this ever since the players returned from the training.

Also, I remember Traille last year from the Lyon test where all he did was kick and kick the whole game. He got too fancy which lead to punishing counters. If you are to succeed with this game plan, you better hope you are 100% accurate.

Jauzion and Marty are a brilliant combination who could really do us some damage. Jauzion is class at 12 and takes the ball right up to the line and creates a lot of space out wide by drawing defenders in. He looks like he is just mindlessly running along, but that makes him very deceptive.

A world cup 1/4 final vs NZ is much different to a HC match But still if his main role is to kick for touch for your set piece to establish the pressure needed on us, your forwards MUST do the business up front. This is the only region I doubt France will succeed in.

Jauzion and Marty are a brilliant combination who could really do us some damage. Jauzion is class at 12 and takes the ball right up to the line and creates a lot of space out wide by drawing defenders in. He looks like he is just mindlessly running along, but that makes him very deceptive.
[/b]

Sure a big job for the forward and the second line. Fot that the choice of Betsen and Dusautoir (very good performance destpite a little number of tackles against Georgia, but I don't believe in this domain statistics are a real telltale sign) is clearly the good option, and against NZ stopping attacks at the very beginning is especially determinative.

quite cleary mcCaw cheats at the ruck hopefully the ref pings him.
France will kick in behind the abs and defintely have the forward pack to match the abs up front.
The abs lineout is vunerable and will be an area where france dominate.
Abs midfield is weak france have the edge there and should put a lot of runners there.
Abs fans are just being way to cocky and aggorant.
France will win by 20 points

basically what almost any nh poster has said about an abs match involving one of the bigger nations over the last few years on this forum.

I think the results speak for themselves.

Hint for the slow guys up north : abs won basically every game not the nh opposition

quite cleary mcCaw cheats at the ruck hopefully the ref pings him.
France will kick in behind the abs and defintely have the forward pack to match the abs up front.
Abs midfield is weak france have the edge there and should put a lot of runners there.

basically what almost any nh poster has said about an abs match involving one of the bigger nations over the last few years on this forum.

Hint for the slow guys up north : abs won basically every game not the nh opposition [/b]

McCaw does cheat. He's an openside flanker, it's in the job description. He will play right on the line. It is down to the ref to draw that line. If he doesn't MaCaw will take full advantage.

France do have the pack to match the ABs if they play perfectly, aggressively, passionately, and NZ don't do the basics.

Midfield: see what i wrote about the pack. Similar applies. Jauzion and Marty are capable of taking on and beating any midfield in the world.

ABs lineout is weak: read less dominant. It's still good, but not light years ahead like the rest of NZs game.

ABs fans are cocky and arrogant: some are, some aren't. Bit like any group of people really.

France will win by 20??? I haven't read anyone even confess they have considered thinking about dreaming of that result.

<div class='quotemain'>
Probable French team:

15 Poitrenaud
14 Clerc
13 Traille
12 Jauzion
11 Heymans
10 ... Beauxis !
9 Elissalde
7 Dusautoir
8 Bonnaire
6 Betsen
5 Nallet
4 Pelous
3 De Villiers
2 Ibanez
1 Milloud

On the bench: Michalak (as backup scrum half) Chabal, Poux or Mas, Szarzewski or Bruno, Nyanga, Dominici (Rougerie out of the 22) Skrela.

If it's true, Beauxis at fly half is a very good choice. Audacious too, but I think he's indispensable for us. 8 caps and he's already better under pressure than Skrela & Michalak... a better kicker too, he's our only international boot. (Traille is good too but he's not a goalkicker)

This man is probably one of the next Rugby World's star, with Steyn. I hope he will shine against the ABs... and who knows, he can be the new Christophe Lamaison, the executioner of the Blacks in 99 ;)

Despite that, I see the All Blacks winning by 12.
[/b]

So basically the same team we have crushed all too often over the past 4 years. What a relief.... All Blacks by 13 plus, and that's me being generous B)
[/b][/quote]

You could be right but i still hope you will be wrong. ;)

[/b]

I find them realistic, this is imho the strongest all blacks team ever. ;)

<div class='quotemain'> quite cleary mcCaw cheats at the ruck hopefully the ref pings him.

Hint for the slow guys up north : abs won basically every game not the nh opposition [/b]

McCaw does cheat. He's an openside flanker, it's in the job description. He will play right on the line. It is down to the ref to draw that line. If he doesn't MaCaw will take full advantage.

France do have the pack to match the ABs if they play perfectly, aggressively, passionately, and NZ don't do the basics.

Midfield: see what i wrote about the pack. Similar applies. Jauzion and Marty are capable of taking on and beating any midfield in the world.

ABs lineout is weak: read less dominant. It's still good, but not light years ahead like the rest of NZs game.

ABs fans are cocky and arrogant: some are, some aren't. Bit like any group of people really.

France will win by 20??? I haven't read anyone even confess they have considered thinking about dreaming of that result.

[/b][/quote]

Just wait to Shtove shows up - he was prediciting big things for the French before the 47-3 test last year... and Ireland were supposedly going to cruise through their pool because they had some league reject "Running from the Deep"

French Team has been announced, and it's a giant "WTF !?!??" :blink:

15. Traille :blink:

14. Heymans

13. Marty

12. Jauzion

11. Clerc

10. Beauxis :blink:

9. Ellisalde

8. Bonnaire

7. Duseautoir

6. Betsen

5. Thion

4. Pelous :blink:

3. De Villiers

2. Ibanez

1. Milloud

Subs :

16. Szarzewski

17. Poux

18. Chabal

19. Harinorodoquy

20. Michalak

21. Dominici

22. Poitrenaud

What do you guys think ?

Traille is a Fly Half isn't he? So they are going to try and kick it all day, since Michilak (Who kicks like a girl) is replaced with a kid with a booming punt.

Two ways this will end up - they will kick it down our throats like at Lyon last year, or else they'll sacrifice distance and boom it into the stands... which will just give us the ball back now we have our best 2 Line Out Jumpers (including Ali Williams who we have seen in the past single handily destroy oppisition lineouts) as long as Anton Oliver doesn't stuff up too badly.

Because of the 2 Fijian Wingers....NZ will win...without them they would surely loose this one...All BLacks have all the skills and these two wingers will complement the rest of the All blacks with SPEED/FLAIR.