• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs New Zealand

yeah thats whats i was thinking when the french named backs with good kicking..if the ball isnt accurate enough then its going to land in the hands of mcdonald....or rokocoko...or sivivatu..or mills...with the following being converted by daniel carter

and with the pressure that mccaw and rodney can bring on a 1st 5 (especially a young gun) its going to be A BIG ASK for this french team...im not entirely writing off there chances but they are dwindling each and every day closer to the test

cardiff anyone?

yeah thats whats i was thinking when the french named backs with good kicking..if the ball isnt accurate enough then its going to land in the hands of mcdonald....or rokocoko...or sivivatu..or mills...with the following being converted by daniel carter

and with the pressure that mccaw and rodney can bring on a 1st 5 (especially a young gun) its going to be A BIG ASK for this french team...im not entirely writing off there chances but they are dwindling each and every day closer to the test

cardiff anyone?
[/b]

I will be there with my massive 4 metre flag I just bought on Ebay - Its a bit too big, but hell gotta be done. Murrayfield was great but I expect Wales to be even better!

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> I am outraged at being played at lock! MY COACH IS AN IMBECILICAL *******!

MY POSITION IS NUMBER 8!!!! [/b]

Speak in french.

... OK ?
[/b][/quote]
This is an english speaking section of these sacred forums. If people respect me, I respect them. Quite simple my absent-minded acquaintance.
[/b][/quote]

How could we respect a cave dweller such as yourself. Maybe if we use uu aaa grunt grunt you would understand better - CHABAL is *****

I don't think the All Blacks will win by a big margin like most previous posts have said, although I think it will be a hard-fought win for them. The French won't be holding anything back, so far they've been showing some promising performances after the historical first-round loss to Argentina. Unlike the All Blacks, the French have had some good tough challenges from their oppostions in the 'pool of death' and that achievement will certainly motivate them into this important knock-out stage. And that has been a worry for the All Blacks - no real 'big' rugby test in their own pool - and now all of sudden comes a clash between two (of a few) teams that were tipped to meet in the grand final. Italy was no match for them and Scotland played a second-string team so the ABs have yet to be challenged.

AB's by 10 [/b]
who cares that we haven't been challenged better that than being humiliated by argentina and ending up playing away from home even hough their hosts.

France will get done by +20.

Just a quick question - Has Chabal ever played against South Africa??? [/b]

3 times

Test Match - 2001 South Africa - France 20 - 15

23/06/2001

Test Match - 2001 South Africa - France 23 - 32

16/06/2001

Test Match - 2002 France â€" South Africa 30 â€" 10

10 09/11/2002

I thought this Chabal guy was new.

I learnt something today. [/b]

Chabal was already in the French squad in the last World Cup. I remember him as a good player, strong, but a bit unruly. (he got a red card in a pool match against USA...)

He had a difficult relation with Laporte too. Words on the press, etc... and he was "banned" from the team for a longtime, at least 2 years. I think that Laporte selected him because of his strong image in the media... he don't seem to like him very much.

Beauxis, Traille... This is going to be a slow team if we cannot reach our wingers... And when you play it slow against the ab's you soon start to crack down under pressure! Why doesn't laporte trust the talent of players like Poitrenaud? Ok he has shown some weaknesses in the past but they are also capable of playing like geniuses! And anyway the French will need to play like geniuses if they want to win it!
I feel tempted to say that about Beauxis too, but as a Paris fan i cannot be too disappointed with him playing tomorrow. The good thing is that even if we get crushed the game will finally allow us to watch him play in a top international game, and then draw conclusions about who the f*** we should call our best number 10.
To those who don't know him he was elected the best player of the U21 World Cup that France won, totally ruled, particularly during the final where he was just perfect. Trust me if he plays that way tomorrow, the game is going to be a close one.

:bana: ALLEZ LES BLEUS ! :bana:

Another note, with Lauaki's ban lifted is it safe to say we might see him come into the 22 in place of Masoe? I sure as hell hope so. Masoe is awesome, but we need a beast like Lauaki off the bench with 15 to go. He'll show Chabal what a real impact player is all about.

The way to beat the AB's is through in your face defence and hogging possession all match, pace is a secondary concern...that's winning ugle, Aussie style :)

The way to beat the AB's is through in your face defence and hogging possession all match, pace is a secondary concern...that's winning ugle, Aussie style :) [/b]

That's how Australians keep up with NZ.... they employ a spoiling type of game that relies heavily on the all blacks not being on there game. That's what makes me laugh about Australian fans.... they think they have all the answers about beating NZ yet they have a pitiful record against us. Since the last world cup they have beaten us twice in eight games??? What a strike rate.... if you were going to ask anyone on how you beat this all black side you would ask the South Africans... they have a better record.

What really disappoints me about the French this time around is the fact that they really don't have to stoop to that level... they actually have talent and depth across the park to beat us by playing there own natural game.

i would be more worried about the French if they picked michalack at 10 with the aim to take the game by the scruff of the neck and run it back at the all blacks.

There natural style of football is such a joy to watch... i really hope the French lose and leporte is booted for touch... he's really killed the French national team with his boring conservative approach.

There natural style of football is such a joy to watch... i really hope the French lose and leporte is booted for touch... he's really killed the French national team with his boring conservative approach.

couln't agree more. the next coach should be n'tamack, it should get interesting then

Laporte will leave anyway after the World Cup, to take up a place in the French government (minister for sport, if I'm not mistaking).

Whatever the French team result in the RWC07, Laporte will leave just after.

For the place, Guy Noves (Toulouse), Philippe Saint André (Sale), or Fabien Galthier (Stade Français) have great chance to take the place.

Well only a few hours away, just about to head out on te ****, game start at 4am over here i KOrea!!
Anyway as an AB fan I have to admit Im very nervous. The more reason for us to win the more analysis the better form the better players pace and skill, the more I get worried were gona get tripped up again.
Well who knows?? Bring it on aye!! ABs by 22!! Carter to step up a gear, McCaw to play like hes been playing for the last couple years. Forwards will dominate backs will be given the space, should be a comfortable win.
GL ABs!!

not sure it would be an easy victory see what england done to australia an remember 1999

Well i was hoping to get some zzzzzzzz's before the game but am too excited atm.
heres hoping this game was as good as the ozzie and poms game.

Well i was hoping to get some zzzzzzzz's before the game but am too excited atm.
heres hoping this game was as good as the ozzie and poms game. [/b]

I'm sure some Kiwis have had enough surprises this morning aye? :D

McAlister was amazing in the 10 minute when we scored.

Bring on the second half.