• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

France vs New Zealand

M

Mr.cyclopede

So here we are

In french the expression is " C'est au pied du mur que l'on voit le maçon", I try to find the english translation.

As I now open the topic, I think the worst thing to tell is "shoot first" as Maréchal de Saxe told to the English !!!

the all blacks should win, but i hope france make them earn it

if the all blacks can clean up their handling errors they'll win easily

As an All Black fan I'm not going to enjoy these next (hopefully) three games - I'm going to endure them!

Henry seems to be in Laportes head, shame it's not in France, All Blacks seem to love playing the Frogs in French stadiums, although Cardiff has been a happy hunting ground for Henry.

Can't wait to see Shtoves prediction, probably be something along the lines of "Ireland lost to France, so therefore the French must be better than the All Blacks!"

If the All Blacks play an average game they have the capability of putting 20+ on the French but if they don't sort out their handling errors and such I think it'll be alot closer than I hope.

France has been playing better by the game. I believe it will be a close game or at least i hope so

All Blacks will win unless they have a shocking game while the Frogs are at the top of their game. Then France will win and it and it will be the biggest upset In RWC history! No need to worry though i can't see that happening NZ will win by 15+.

go allblacks! ha!...yes all kiwis should be nervous because this is where the buck stops for the ab's..everything needs to fire..and the hosts will not go without a fight unless they are beaten into submission like they have been in previous encounters with the ab's...so by submission it is!

to strangle the life out of the french forwards and all shall fall in the french!

allblacks by 20

p.s...is there a finals sub forum?....come on mods do ya job

For France to win they have to play better than they did in the '99 semi final, and we have to play as **** as we did in the '98 tri nations (and I mean ridiculously bad). In saying that I just can't see France beating us, although I'm still nervous

eeep tough one France may win they dont want the shame of going out like punks at their own world cup

I've got a funny feeling about this match, similar to the feeling I had before Wales v Fiji. I expect it to be a lot closer than many expect and hopefully the French can pull of something amazing! Since the Argentine match they have been building steadily and if all goes to plan we could see the French upset New Zealand yet again.

Either way I'm still tipping an Australia v Argentina final!

New Zealand will go in as favouroites but the home ground advantage is a huge factor. hopefully the croud will pull france through to the semi's and knockout the all-blacks

Chances are we'll beat the French, but if we manage to get past them and then the Aussies how many of our first team will we have standing to play SA in the final?

I don't think the All Blacks will win by a big margin like most previous posts have said, although I think it will be a hard-fought win for them. The French won't be holding anything back, so far they've been showing some promising performances after the historical first-round loss to Argentina. Unlike the All Blacks, the French have had some good tough challenges from their oppostions in the 'pool of death' and that achievement will certainly motivate them into this important knock-out stage. And that has been a worry for the All Blacks - no real 'big' rugby test in their own pool - and now all of sudden comes a clash between two (of a few) teams that were tipped to meet in the grand final. Italy was no match for them and Scotland played a second-string team so the ABs have yet to be challenged.

AB's by 10