• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Funniest/Wierdest thing to happen on a rugby field/training whilst playing

This happened when one of my uncles was playing. There was a guy on his team who was very small in fact apparently he spent some time as a jockey. Anyway his school were playing one day and his mum came to watch him. She was really posh. So her son got the ball for the first time about an hour into the match and promptly got tackled. Of course a ruck was formed and a lot of people ended up on top of him. The suddenly the mum ran on to the pitch screaming started slapping players with her handbag and pulled her son out of the ruck to the sideline.

Oh dear... Actually to follow on from a previous post I have seen a 14 step the Fullback who was rushing up, who subsequently collided full speed with the 11 tracking back. The guy scored the try but he'd nearly dropped the ball because he laughed so hard when he looked back...

I remember it was one of my mates first ever rugby game...after weeks of persuading his parents that it was safe and he would be fine to participate in rugby they reluctantly gave their blessing.

They came to see him play his first match. however they came a little bit late to the game..but on the road they noticed that they were following an ambulance ...lo and behold the ambulance pulls into the rugby club ...the mother freaks out a bit as one of the lads goes off to hospital with a dislocated knee... but still allows her son to play.
He was eventually put onto the field as a substitution for another guy going to hospital with severe concussion ...the woman was nearly in tears as he jogged on proud as punch in 2nd centre... he had a stormer broke a good few tackles and set up a try.

2 weeks later..breaks his ankle.

in one training session we were playing a training match and a couple of deer just walked onto the pitch so we all stopped to pet them. later one of our coaches was taking a **** and a guy on our team hit him on the back of the head from thirty metres away and then the deer came back and started eating the grass on which our coach was urinating

When I was playing U8 or something, we were playing a parents Vs Kids match and one of the coaches got injured and needed an ambulance, it wasn't funny at the time because we thought we were hard and that these things should happen in the ultra competitive field of parents vs kids(in which we were never beaten). But thinking back toit now t'was pretty funny.

You know those cartoons where a character ignorant to the world whilst being chased runs into a pole?

When I was 13 or so, one of our props was chasing a wing in training after being chirped. Of course the wing was extremely cocky jogging backwards, not looking where he was going, before turning around to sprint and shake him off

Our coach made us do banks for laughing at an unconcious teamate :mad:

Ah, rugby is great if you can afford to laugh at yourself every now and then :lol:

Well everytime I scored a try in a training drill two years ago my mentor/teams fullback would make up harder and harder try celebrations, including one very ill advised attempt at becoming a human wheel..... that ended rather badly with a trip to the hospital for both of us.

Ever seen a halfback feed the scrum 5 metres out of from the opposition tryline, regather the ball from his no.8s feet, run on top of the forwards in the scrum, jump over the opposition no.8 who jus broke from the scrum and score the most weirdest try?....

Even the reff took forever to award it.

Ever seen a halfback feed the scrum 5 metres out of from the opposition tryline, regather the ball from his no.8s feet, run on top of the forwards in the scrum, jump over the opposition no.8 who jus broke from the scrum and score the most weirdest try?....

Even the reff took forever to award it.

Haha, I played in a game against Norths U19 four years ago when I was 15yrs old, when the number 8 detached from the scrum, ran back 10m and took a hurling dive into centre of the scrum causing it to collapse. He was red carded, and hurled abuse at the ref non-stop till he was order away from the grounds. He coined a line I've never forgotten "Ref it wasn't me, G.O.D".

Haha, I played in a game against Norths U19 four years ago when I was 15yrs old, when the number 8 detached from the scrum, ran back 10m and took a hurling dive into centre of the scrum causing it to collapse. He was red carded, and hurled abuse at the ref non-stop till he was order away from the grounds. He coined a line I've never forgotten "Ref it wasn't me, G.O.D".

LOL...only in NZ

Oooooh, I remember a good un :D

7s tournament, was watching one of the womens social league matches
Ruck about 5m out, ball comes squirting out
Player dives on the ball, gets up and runs 95m to put the ball down.......under her own posts! :lol:
The opposition then scored a try from the restart :lol:
Everyone watching was in tears - how can you forget which way your team is attacking?

At under 7's I boshed this guy and he went flying however as I ran to score the try the match was stopped because he was badly injured. I never got to score that try
2 years ago we were doing sprints at training. I. Won and was easing up when suddenly there was a metal manhole. In my studs I slipped on it and broke my foot

Oooooh, I remember a good un :D

7s tournament, was watching one of the womens social league matches
Ruck about 5m out, ball comes squirting out
Player dives on the ball, gets up and runs 95m to put the ball down.......under her own posts! :lol:
The opposition then scored a try from the restart :lol:
Everyone watching was in tears - how can you forget which way your team is attacking?

This is proof that men are infinity superior :p

I remember one time there was an insanely larger ruck..I mean this thing looked like it came from the 70's boots flying legs poking out vertically crazy , next thing this absolute ****wit takes a run at the ruck and dives headfirst in ..all that is heard next is the piercing shriek....

ARRGGHHHHHHHH! ......everyone went dead silent ..."My Baaaaalllllsss!!!"

as people peeled off the ruck about halfaways in we see out purple faced 2nd row clutching his manhood like a rapper strutting his stuff...substitution was made and all

I remember seeing a ref hammer a guy off the ball, because the guy had been mouthy all game and said unkind things about the Refs wife.

In one match I was going through the oppositions ruck and disrupting well. But the opositon's players were grabbing onto my legs to slow me down.... and thats when it happened. Hand to gouch contact. He literally grabbed my gouch. I was at a loss for words. I literally stopped for a second. I was so close to screaming at the guy "LET GO OF MY GOUCH" but in the end I said let go of me.

Once at training, One of my mates kicked the ball in one direction, turned around and started walking in the opposite only for the ball to get caught by the wind and hit him in the back of the head as it came back down.

well it wasn't funny at the time but, there my mate was pelting it up the sideline heading for the line....his ma calls out ''watch out joe'' joe looks SMACK!!! joe gets taken out by some guy that was nothing shy of 20 stone, poor joe ended up in the regional hospital with his collarbone

My first ever try was a bit weird. After a couple of phases I had a go for the line but I only got to 1 of the posts with the ball, that knocked out of my hands after hitting that post. The referee blew his whistle and I thought the opposition got a scrum for a knock on.

Having been through so many phases with the team, I was sooo ****** off, so I walked away, swearing and complaining when my teammates started to congratulate me.

Just for the record: That was my first ever match and I was not aware of all the rules yet and didn't know that hitting the post is the same as scoring a try! It was my worst celebration of a try ever and the most awkward moment in my career haha

Back in u-14s one of the coaches always drilled it into us that a tackle was not a tackle unless the man went backwards...he then berated us for not doing it for ages..then he steps in the firing line and runs at our outhalf...who breaks his ribs with a hit :p in fairness to the coach he took it like a champ and in fact praised him and went on how that was an exemplary tackle.

Once in training we were doing 1 on 1 tackling drill. It was my turn running with the ball and I sidestepped and scored against our TH Prop, the coach(An 18 stone MMA fighting prop) told us to do it again and again I ran around him. We repeated this 5 times with the same result. My reward was running against and being smashed in the ribs by the coach.

Latest posts