• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game's Official 100 Greatest games of all Time.

<div class='quotemain'>
I've just noticed something...

<div class='quotemain'>81 Super Smash Bros Brawl (Nintendo Wii)[/b]
Kind of impressive how a game which isnt even out yet in the country of the poll's origin can make it so high up the list.
[/b][/quote]

If you have played this you will realise that it should be at least in the 20's. BTW what is the country?
[/b][/quote]
I've played it and it doesn't deserve even top 100 status. But oh well.

:feminist_en: :masturbanana: :bananasex: :sex011: :banana-doob: :banana7:

How dare you!

A lot these games aren't even certified classics. Imo the only way you can you can make the top 100 is if the games have reached classic status. Which means you either redifined a genre GTA IV or the game has stood the test of time e.g Zelda 64. Sure theres other things to look at but these should be some of the main things to judge a top 100 list. No Sonic?!!!!!!!!! f*** this list

Such a **** list. CoD at number one? Nice way to boost sales but lose credibility with real gamers.

Is GTA IV really that good? Everyone says how awesome it is.

I'm in dire need of a new, long-lasting game (last game I got was GH3 and that was like 4 months ago).

What about Ninja Gaiden (3?)? Any good?

Is GTA IV really that good? Everyone says how awesome it is.[/b]
I quite enjoyed it when I first started playing it then went back to Saints Row and realised that there really isn't that much to do in GTA IV. It all consists of shooting guy A for guy B over and over again. People have just wrecked their **** over this game maybe because of the aura of the previous ones? I haven't played since GTA2 so missed out all that hype and stuff, much like what happened with Halo 3 which I think was pretty over-rated as well.

People have just wrecked their **** over this game maybe because of the aura of the previous ones? I haven't played since GTA2 so missed out all that hype and stuff...[/b]

:mellow:

Jesus, you've missed possibly three of the best games to come out in the last five years.

The GTA3 & 4 Premise goes beyond the missions, its the whole thing about exploring what is a huge city and watching life go on around you. The franchise immerses you in the fact that you can spend ages exploring, driving around, listening to the radio stations and generally dossing around. The missions are in this case optional.

Thats what makes them so playable to be honest.

Now, as for the rest of the list....I simply cannot accept that Half Life 2 should come at 9. Third at the very least and definitely ahead of Halo 3, MGS and FF VII.

This list is seriously slanted against PC games. What about Command & Conquer? What about Sim City 2000? What about Elite? What about Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix? Actually, this list is shite, it just panders to Nintendo and Japan-o-rama fanboys/otaku. Utter rubbish.

<div class='quotemain'> People have just wrecked their **** over this game maybe because of the aura of the previous ones? I haven't played since GTA2 so missed out all that hype and stuff...[/b]

:mellow:

Jesus, you've missed possibly three of the best games to come out in the last five years.

[/b][/quote]

Well the only GTA I have played in my life is GTA 1 on the old Playstation back in the day.

If GTA 4 had dual career paths...or even multiple paths...then I would buy it and become a fan. Because the idea of a criminal life running around shooting people and often innocent people doesn't appeal to everyone...maybe most gamers...but not all.

I would have liked it is you could choose another career....such as a COP...and your missions were cop missions...and then online you and other online coppers would go around trying to deal to the online thug gangs...haha!

IMAGINE how great that would be online lol! Other people cruising around trying to aviod you....you cruising around trying to arrest trouble makers ha!

However GTA 4 did not have this dual career idea....so it was pretty much the same old same old from previous version except it was on next gen console. Which is why I don't like it. It also had graphics that had Oblivion, Assasins Creed and other visually stunning games wondering what the fuss was about.

I have friends now who have gone off GTA 4 after the hype of its release. The game doesn't hold them the way earlier versions did. I would even state that the game doesn't even have that grip that held gamers the way games such as Golden Eye did in the past.

I would still rate the first 3 positions for Final Fantasy IX, VIII and XII. Ha ha. But thats just me...

I would even state that the game doesn't even have that grip that held gamers the way games such as Golden Eye did in the past.
[/b]

I would say that the only reason why Goldeneye only held gamers in such a grip was because its control system was so sodding crap and yet because it was crap and so inaccurate that it acted as a strange draw. You were so frustrated with it that you wanted to master it and thus beat the game, strangely addicting. However, I'm sorry but its bad even with a keyboard and mouse via an emulator!

Now Mario Kart 64, thats a game. Why isn't that in the top ten?!

I would still rate the first 3 positions for Final Fantasy IX, VIII and XII. Ha ha. But thats just me...[/b]
You choose super nerdy games yet choose the worst ones? V, VI and VII were the best FF's by FAR. That is before it got shite.
I would say that the only reason why Goldeneye only held gamers in such a grip was because its control system was so sodding crap and yet because it was crap and so inaccurate that it acted as a strange draw. You were so frustrated with it that you wanted to master it and thus beat the game, strangely addicting. However, I'm sorry but its bad even with a keyboard and mouse via an emulator!

Now Mario Kart 64, thats a game. Why isn't that in the top ten?![/b]
I never had a problem with Goldeneyes controls, but then again I am the l33t.

Mario Kart 64? Silly Prestick, Mario is for kids! :)

<div class='quotemain'> I would even state that the game doesn't even have that grip that held gamers the way games such as Golden Eye did in the past.
[/b]

Now Mario Kart 64, thats a game. Why isn't that in the top ten?!
[/b][/quote]

Heeeeeeelllllllllll yeah....

My mate has a Nin-64 and we always play Mario Kart and even have a leaderboard for tournaments we play. It's a timeless classic that's for sure.

Since we talking games here did anybody play EA's International Rugby League which was made back in 1997 for PC? That was my 1st rugby game on PC, even though it was rugby league. That game was awesome, I still got the original CD. State of Origin was my favourite comp, so little to choose between the teams eventhough, NSW had the edge I hardly ever won a grand slam with them.

Since we talking games here did anybody play EA's International Rugby League which was made back in 1997 for PC? That was my 1st rugby game on PC, even though it was rugby league. That game was awesome, I still got the original CD. State of Origin was my favourite comp, so little to choose between the teams eventhough, NSW had the edge I hardly ever won a grand slam with them. [/b]

I had it too!!! It was brilliant. I remember the commentator and everything. LOL!

@ BLR. I only ever played VII and onwards. I loved them all, because it's a game that gets you emotionally involved. They are not Shite at all. Maybe they are not as good for some as the older ones, but that doesn't mean they are crap. They are still leagues above most games.

Since we talking games here did anybody play EA's International Rugby League which was made back in 1997 for PC? That was my 1st rugby game on PC, even though it was rugby league. That game was awesome, I still got the original CD. State of Origin was my favourite comp, so little to choose between the teams eventhough, NSW had the edge I hardly ever won a grand slam with them. [/b]

I had it too!!! It was brilliant. I remember the commentator and everything. LOL!
[/b]
I knew I wasn't the only one! Most people have never heard of it. But yeah that game is brilliant, on par with JLR imo.
Who played on the left wing for NSW again? He was the best player in the game. That hand-off... Majestic!

Latest posts