• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

General Concussion thread

die_mole

First XV
TRF Legend
Club or Nation

Bristol

If you don't have apple news just google Siobhan Cattigan Times.
I think these are the types of stories that will end up in lawsuits that have merit (and an awful lot of merit in this case). This isn't early NFL where the league was hiding from the players just how dangerous the game was, I think the assumption of risk is well known. Rather, it will be the individual cases where teams sent players back out on the field when they were at heightened risk and then something terrible happened.

What the SRU is accused of here is absolutely shocking. I understand that it was an important game but there is a huge difference between strong arming a player into toughing out a hamstring injury and playing through a serious head knock.

Which Tyler

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Agreed, the rules have generally been based on the best available evidence, and the consensus opinions of experts.

It's where the rules were in place, and ignored that unions / clubs are really open for litigation.

Becca

Academy Player
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Northampton

If that article is true, the SRU and all concerned, need a good sort out. Clearly the girl had a serious head injury and the duty of care shown to her was non-existent.
It wasn’t even as though it was a local club failing to do its duty, it was the International side.
Shocking and a wholly unnecessary outcome, in my opinion.

Old Hooker

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

If that article is true, the SRU and all concerned, need a good sort out. Clearly the girl had a serious head injury and the duty of care shown to her was non-existent.
It wasn’t even as though it was a local club failing to do its duty, it was the International side.
Shocking and a wholly unnecessary outcome, in my opinion.
Agreed. Two sides to every story of course but the way it reads is shocking.

Reiser99

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Leicester

Surely it has to be more than a box ticking exercise. Surely they have to show they have properly informed them of the dangers and risks etc, so that the players fully understand the repercussions.

Which Tyler

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Which is the aspect Rugby HAS been good at.

What we've been terrible at, is adhering to our own rules and regulations

Latest posts