• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Georgia vs Germany

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dundeesmiffy @ Feb 6 2009, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (therealalekid @ Feb 5 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Adolf Hitler was an Austrian and to be honest I doubt he had much interest in Rugby union, he certainly was not a fan. Many Rugby Union fans claim that he actually banned Rugby Union in Germany, although this is not actually correct. It was poorly funded and that was in part to internal German politics. The collapse of German Rugby came about mainly through a poor public image too English and for toffs. Also the fact they lost the majority of their players to the Second world war, yet they weren't the only international Union to have a problem with the latter.

I also doubt Adolf Hitler has heard of Rugby League let alone actually ban it. not even Raynance in the Forbidden game makes that claim.[/b]

duty_calls.png

[/b][/quote]

I'll take that on the chin, twas a funny pic :) . Anyway back to the topic the Georgians have announced their side for the match.

15-9: Kvirikashvili Machkhaneli Katcharava I.Guiorgadze Chkhikvadze; Malaghuradze Abusseridze *capt

1-8: Shvelidze Natriashvili Zirakashvili; Zedguinidze Uchava; Chkhaidze Urushadze Gorgodze

subs: (B) Barkalaia Zibzibadze (hb) Samkharadze / (fr) A.Guiorgadze Khinchaguishvili; Bassilaia Labadze

emergencies: Shkinini (7s captain) / Datunashvili (lock)

I'm predicting Georgia by 30 pts.

Could be great for us to win I'd like to see that

We are again on our way to improve our championship with FIRA AER ENC

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Feb 6 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

We are again on our way to improve our championship with FIRA AER ENC[/b]

Are you going to the game Lekso?

Prediction: Georgia by 50 points :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, i think a much closer scoreline.. i'd say Germany to get more points from penalties.. they have a good kicker i hear and maybe will get a try or two on the counter late on. I think it will be close scores at the half, maybe 9-15.

Georgia will break away mid-way in the 2nd half.. their pack is ultra-tough and will go through phases like Trevor Leota goes through a bucket of KFC and this will wear the Germans down fairly quickly.. then it's just how well Georgia hit on the break against a tired german defence. So i think a comfortable win, but a flattering scoreline to the Lelos. But a good win.

Germany 12-29 Georgia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dale @ Feb 6 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LeksoRugby @ Feb 6 2009, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We are again on our way to improve our championship with FIRA AER ENC[/b]

Are you going to the game Lekso?

Prediction: Georgia by 50 points :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/b][/quote]

Yeeeah I am :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Could be great I could

Georgia-rugby.jpg

So the match is far over and Georgia swept first in season win against Germany

Germany 5 : 38 Georgia

After a week we have an interesting match against Portugal here in Tbilisi for which I am getting ready to go there and stand with mines

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Feb 7 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What's your scrum half like?[/b]

Let me introduce you our Scrum Half Mr. Irakli Abuseridze the captain of our team as well

He plays in France

610x.jpg

And Mr. Bidzina Samkharadze (plays in Romania)

Bidzina-Samkharadze-600_1068_SQ_MEDIUM.jpg

Germany played strong in the first half and was even leading 5:0 at the beginning. Georgia could score their first try after one of our best players, Tim Kasten ( who is playing in England ) was banned for 10 minutes.
Because of a missed tackle by a german player Georgia could score their 2nd try and was leading 5:10 after the first half. (because of the bad weather it was difficult to make the goalkicks )
In the first half Germany played as strong as Georgia but later in the 2nd half....after a very good attacking-phase by Germany ....the german became tired and unconcentrated and it was much more easy for Georgia to score some more tries.
You mustn´t forget that Germany played without a lot of their best players ( like Robert Mohr, Colin Grzanna, Gerrit van Look , Matthieu Franke....) and that the german team had no training units before this match. ( Portugal has played against England Saxons..Georgia played in Scottland...Russia in South Africa...and the german team didn´t even had one training unit together)
So I think we can be proud for our performance against Georgia today :bravo: :bravo:
Anyways I hope against Rumania we can win :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KillerMcOne @ Feb 8 2009, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Germany played strong in the first half and was even leading 5:0 at the beginning. Georgia could score their first try after one of our best players, Tim Kasten ( who is playing in England ) was banned for 10 minutes.
Because of a missed tackle by a german player Georgia could score their 2nd try and was leading 5:10 after the first half. (because of the bad weather it was difficult to make the goalkicks )
In the first half Germany played as strong as Georgia but later in the 2nd half....after a very good attacking-phase by Germany ....the german became tired and unconcentrated and it was much more easy for Georgia to score some more tries.
You mustn´t forget that Germany played without a lot of their best players ( like Robert Mohr, Colin Grzanna, Gerrit van Look , Matthieu Franke....) and that the german team had no training units before this match. ( Portugal has played against England Saxons..Georgia played in Scottland...Russia in South Africa...and the german team didn´t even had one training unit together)
So I think we can be proud for our performance against Georgia today :bravo: :bravo:
Anyways I hope against Rumania we can win :D[/b]

I think German rugby will make steps far better than they do today

Wish you all good Deutsch friends

Best of luck to German rugby. Hopefully the spirit of the German Police Teams who used to play the British Army back in the 1960s and 70s will live on :)

Latest posts