GP Semi Final - Northampton Saints vs Saracens

Prestwick

Airhornsman
TRF Legend
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Saracens
Logged in from Kyoto and WHAT A TRY!!!!! OH MY BLOODY GOD!!! GOODE YOU BEAUTY!

Saints 3 - Saracens 7.

Saints rattled, definitely rattled. Line out on their own five meter line and they try a quick throw. Verrrry lucky to not concede a penalty.

Great game so far but Saracens really pushing hard and making all the moves so far. Fantastic.

Sorry but right now Goode > Foden in the full back contest right now. Saints look like they'll be happy to go off at half time 4 points down...

Yeah its all balanced now. Saints probably to come back hard but if Saracens keep on motoring like they have there'll be more tries on the board by the time 80 minutes is up...

Second half and YEAAAAASHSHSHSHSHSH

11 - 12 to Sarries :D

First 10 minutes were cracking, then after the try the rest of the first half was so-so
Second half has been brilliant so far though!
19 - 14 now

Oh my days, what an end to the match:

Full time:
Saints 19 - 21 Sarries

Why didn't Saints go for the DG? They just pick and drove for 2minutes, Myler was in position, but they just didn't give him the ball =/

Are they Sarries in disguise?

ARE THEY SARRIES IN DISGUISE! ALL THEY DID WAS PICK AND DRIVE! :D

Absolutely balistic in Kyoto right now! BOUNCING OFF OF THE WALLS! I'M OFF TO TWICKENHAM!!!!!

Northampton needed to get that second try, I think they would've lost the match earlier if they had to keep chasing it. Unless the second semi shows something special, Saracens will probably win the final.

Northampton were in position for a drop goal for fully three minutes. Why didn't Myler take charge and demand the ball from his pack? He bottled it just like Brock James did against Leinster in the Heineken Cup quarter final.

Sarries deserved their win. Brendan Venter may be a major league assh0le but he's a terrific coach.

Looks like Myler did a Brock James today - while Geraghty would probably have missed I'm sure he would have given it a go.

Great gritty performance, we've hit form at exactly the right point of the season, and we've shown we're no mugs by beating the top 2 teams away from home 3 times out of 3 now in the GP.

Like us or not, we've got a great squad of players, including some good young English ones, and we're capable of playing some very good rugby. A final spot and HC qualification is a wonderful result when you look at where we were last season. And we're capable of beating Leicester. Up the Sarries!

Got my tickets sorted! I fly back on the 27th and I go see the game a day after I land!!! :D

Latest posts