• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guinness Pro 14: Round 2

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/leinster-rugby-statement-6/

Isa Nacewa and Jamison Gibson-Park having issues getting into SA.
For all slagging Munster get about having Saffas it looks like we were smart

But seriously this is an issue that needs to be addressed by higher up. Leinster and any other club for that matter should be briefed and updated with regard to visas etc. Like it's not possible for Nacewa and JPG to fly to Wellington first. Also it hampers Leinster for Saturday. Like now they have to play Nick McCarthy as sub despite him arriving tomorrow at earliest or Carbery covers 9.

Like it's not possible for Nacewa and JPG to fly to Wellington first.

That's not how Visas work, oh yee with a wonderful passport which requires very few visas to travel. They should have been able to apply for the visa from the South African consulate in Ireland. I think the return time on those are also pretty quick when it is sporting related/

This is all on Leinster for not being up to speed on country visa requirements.

It's not the worst for the incoming players though, at least it's in the same time zone... Also they get some time in SA at the start of spring, not bad for them.

I think the South African border police are a bit confused.

As The Donald says, you build a wall to keep the Mexicans out, but not the gringos that happen to be travelling with the Mexicans!

That's not how Visas work, oh yee with a wonderful passport which requires very few visas to travel. They should have been able to apply for the visa from the South African consulate in Ireland. I think the return time on those are also pretty quick when it is sporting related/

It's not the worst for the incoming players though, at least it's in the same time zone... Also they get some time in SA at the start of spring, not bad for them.
If that is correct fair enough. I read somewhere that they had to appear in Wellington to receive the visa. If I'm wrong fair enough. And well guess this is part of the teething part.

If you're a professional sports organisation, how the hell do you not make sure your players are legally allowed to enter all countries you need to play in.

I'm assuming some intern was assigned travel management.

Exactly. It's a massive screw up. You'd think after the Felipe Contepomi affair (forgetting the register him for Heineken Cup games) that they'd learn and be extremely thorough in their paperwork. Clearly not.

The trip has been beset with problems. Leinster had flights and a base in Cape Town lined up with plans to fly into Port Elizabeth and Bloemfontein for the games. The Pro14 told them to hold fire while they organized an airline deal. That didn't materialize resulting in the squad getting on different flights and leaving at different times. Pro14 organizers need to take some responsibility for that shambles.

At least other teams will be better prepared after Leinster's mess up.

If you're a professional sports organisation, how the hell do you not make sure your players are legally allowed to enter all countries you need to play in.

They prob just asked the players "we need anything to get you into SA?" and they said "nah, was grand last time I was in"...

They prob just asked the players "we need anything to get you into SA?" and they said "nah, was grand last time I was in"...

Player's job is to play, this isn't an amateur tour. All blame has to be on the organisation.

and you are probably right... they decided to put 10 seconds of work into this which is pretty embarrassing

A lot of reports claiming that they'd have had to go through Wellington or Auckland to gain entry. If that's the case no NZers will be playing Pro 14 rugby in South Africa!

Sure Leinster have so much depth they could play with their international quality 15th string and still win the league. More depth than the Mariana trench, really just so so much depth. Have you seen their backrow? Depth.
Serious incompetence by someone in D4 though. Kinda impressive actually, not as impressive as their depth, but impressive. So Nick McCarthy is in anyway. What a mess. Would also like to add that Zebre have three saffas on the books and haven't appeared to have any problems. Thus we can infer that Zebre>Leinster

Last edited:
Sure Leinster have so much depth they could play with their international quality 15th string and still win the league. More depth than the Mariana trench, really just so so much depth. Have you seen their backrow? Depth.
Serious incompetence by someone in D4 though. Kinda impressive actually, not as impressive as their depth, but impressive. So Nick McCarthy is in anyway. What a mess. Would also like to add that Zebre have three saffas on the books and haven't appeared to have any problems. Thus we can infer that Zebre>Leinster
I wouldn't say we have that much depth, only 29 internationally capped players, most Ireland squads have more than that.

You know you're talking about the best passer and best player in the country...
He's fast, powerful, can kick off both feet, tackles like an animated bulldozer with rage issues and has the best pass in Ireland. I didn't say a name, but his face popped into your head didn't it?
110516.jpg

A lot of reports claiming that they'd have had to go through Wellington or Auckland to gain entry. If that's the case no NZers will be playing Pro 14 rugby in South Africa!
This is the exact jist I was getting from the reports. If Nacewa or JGP wanted a visa they had to appear in person at Wellington first.

This is the exact jist I was getting from the reports. If Nacewa or JGP wanted a visa they had to appear in person at Wellington first.

The reports were wrong, see Alpha's post directly after the one you quoted. It seems even the journos weren't doing their research properly.

Latest posts