• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Half started 2015-2016 mod. Roster kinda complete.

Yes, I tried that and the roster loaded, but somehow crashed on the squad management screen or while the game was loading (just before kickoff).
I believe it may be due to an incorrect db index number for that particular player. I know that with the madden 08 rosters, they follow the same rules (roughly) and you are able to fill in the blank spots at the bottom of the roster to create an almost infinite number of players (I think in their latest roster mod there are over 5000 as compared to the default 1950 or so), so i'm pretty sure we can do the same with this game.

The roster I made for 08 (but never loaded) was completely filled, with plenty of spare spaces - but it was a bugger it never worked.

Can't you use the faces of the TRF 10 Rugby Patch in your roster? Is it possible to extract the faces from the patch?

OK, I have good news. I extended the roster by copying and pasting a template player several times and following the order of the db index. Columns A & B from 150 down in the excel file.
What that means, is that in the roster file, there were about 140 blank spots at the bottom of the roster filled with zero's and are now being used in the roster. This prevents me from running
out of players and having duplicates in teams.

I'm guessing the space at the bottom of the roster was used for players created using the in-game player editor.
The roster now has 2043 players and I was able to successfully load the roster, check out the squads in the squad management screen and play a full game with the additional players.
Im guessing it will crash if I ever (not that I ever will) check out the create a player mode, because there are no free spots on the roster.

One issue I came across, was that I was using Woosah's editor to create their faces, skin colour, height, weight, dob, positions and accessories.
Wossahs editor only displays 2000 players.

Guess im gonna have to create anyone after player 2001 using the hex method.

My roster also had more players than what was in your excel file, so I dragged down to where my roster ends, but it failed when I tried to open the roster again after making adjustments

It could be because the stats in the excel file start at cell AG across towards the end of the row.
Check to see (with the extra players) if everything from cell A-AG is 00 in hex. That will mean that there is no value.
The db index is found in the first two cells (Columns A & B ) of the Hex, Decimal, Edit and New Hex workbooks.

Were you able to edit a roster at all using the excel editor geostar?

- - - Updated - - -

To make the last bit clear, row 2053 in the hex, decimal, edit and new hex workbooks should technically be the last player in the roster.
The values at columns A & B in row 2052 of the decimal workbook are 205 and 119, while the values at A & B in row 2053 are 204 and 119.

I kept the values in column B at 119 and in column A, I dragged down - so that it read 205 119, 204 119, 203 119....all the way down to 065 and 119.

Last edited:
I must have done something wrong previously, my roster loads up now. Thanx again

Forgot to mention how I auto calculate the stats for each position.

Say, for example you want to edit an attribute across all players of the same position (i.e; the speed of all the second rowers / locks)

Select all, then go to the sort icon. Select my data has headers, then sort by Pos1, then by Speed.
Sort from largest to smallest.

This will change the order, so that the player in that position with the highest speed rating is at the top (i.e; Second Rowers / E.Etzebeth - speed=75)
Now make sure that the player with the lowest rating is at the bottom (i.e; Second Rowers / W.Skelton - speed = 40)
Keep the highest and lowest rating, while blanking out everything in the middle. Highlight everything from the highest to the lowest (with blanks in between).

On the home tab, find the 'fill' icon.
Then click on 'series'.
attachment.php

Now make sure the following is enabled.
Series in 'columns'
Type 'linear'
'Trend' checkbox is checked.

attachment.php
Click OK and voila! the stats are distributed automatically between highest and lowest.
attachment.php
You can repeat this procedure for any of the other attributes.

I tend to rank players based on their position and skill (i.e; for Number 8's, Reid and Parisse would have the highest handling ratings IMO) and repeat until I am happy with how they sit in comparison to others
in the same position.

Pics are probably hard to see clearly, but were just to provide a basic visual idea of what is going on.

Attachments

• Stat Editor.png
    Stat Editor.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Stat Editor 2.png
    Stat Editor 2.png
    164.8 KB · Views: 90
  • Stat Editor 4.png
    Stat Editor 4.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Yes, columns BS & BT in the Player editor workbook relate to the players special abilities. The value is 2 bytes, therefore takes up two cells (BS & BT).

To do this, you will need to convert the decimal values for the cells to binary.

Go to a blank cell at the end of the row (i.e; the CK column) and put this formula into the formula bar of cell CK2
=DEC2BIN(BS2,8)
This will convert cell BS2 of the player editor workbook into 8 digit binary values.

Repeat or drag the formula across for cell CL2.
=DEC2BIN(BT2,8)

Now that both cells are converted to binary, refer to the 'guidelines' workbook under the section (Special Abilities)
You will see that the data consists of 0's and 1's.
Since the cells consist of 16 digits (2 x cells with 8 digits);

You place a '1' (or several) in amongst the 0's to activate or deactivate the special ability.

For example;

To answer your question, the first digit in column CL (the 9th digit over both cells) will need to have a value of '0' to show that it is unticked.
i.e;
0000 0000 0000 0001 - a player with the tackler special ability and checkbox 9 deactivated.

0000 0000 1000 0001 - a player with the tackler special ability and checkbox 9 activated (ticked).

Once you have made changes in binary, convert back to decimal (or hex) using the formula

=bin2dec(CK2) to convert the changes to decimal and paste in the decimal workbook.

or

=bin2hex(CK2,2) to convert the changes to hex and paste in the new hex workbook

Last edited:
Thanx dude, last question...what about special ability(top right woosah editor- 0-10 ie:0-default, 5-Passer, 3 - Tackle etc) can I also change it in the excel file.

Yep, you do that under the column 'Tend'.
Just change the decimal values to the following;

000 - Default
001 - Scrums
002 - Lineout
003 - Tackler
004 - Runner
005 - Passer
006 - Kicker
007 - Crasher
008 - Rucks
009 - Goal Kicker
010 - Playmaker

- - - Updated - - -

I used this method to ensure all scrum halves have the passer tendency, front rowers - scrums, openside flankers - rucks, second rowers - lineout..etc etc

You really know what you are doing, thanx for all the help this is making editing much easier

Just a note on the team editor.

If you look at the Edit workbook, you will see that the top part has been coloured in.
This is where all the team data is stored.

The gold coloured cells represent the teams index id in the file: be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xml
I tried to colour code where the teams are stored, so that they are easier to find.
Basically, there are 60 cells to represent the 30 players in the team. Each player consists of 2 bytes (or cells) which are their ID Numbers from the Player Editor workbook.
They appear in order from jersey #1: Loosehead Prop to the 30th player in the squad.

Following this, there are 3 blank cells followed by the Id Numbers (Decimal values) for the following;
- Captain
- Vice Captain
- Long GK
- Short GK
- Long P
- Short P
- Kick Off Taker

Immediately followed by stats for;
- Attacking
- Defending
- Scrummaging
- Lineouts
- Rucks
- Kicking
- Technique
- Stamina
- Flair
- Overall

Followed by the Stadium and set plays values. (Unsure on this one).

The cells highlighted 'yellow' are the performance ratings.

In the picture below, small black arrow (on the left) = Player #1.

Red arrow = Team performance rating

Large black arrow = Team index ID
attachment.php

Attachments

• Team Editor.png
    Team Editor.png
    417.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Just a note on the team editor.If you look at the Edit workbook, you will see that the top part has been coloured in.This is where all the team data is stored.The gold coloured cells represent the teams index id in the file: be2970b0ada8e42cf891ce60ffe69575.xmlI tried to colour code where the teams are stored, so that they are easier to find.Basically, there are 60 cells to represent the 30 players in the team. Each player consists of 2 bytes (or cells) which are their ID Numbers from the Player Editor workbook. They appear in order from jersey #1: Loosehead Prop to the 30th player in the squad.Following this, there are 3 blank cells followed by the Id Numbers (Decimal values) for the following;- Captain- Vice Captain- Long GK- Short GK- Long P- Short P- Kick Off TakerImmediately followed by stats for;- Attacking- Defending- Scrummaging- Lineouts- Rucks- Kicking- Technique- Stamina- Flair- OverallFollowed by the Stadium and set plays values. (Unsure on this one).The cells highlighted 'yellow' are the performance ratings. In the picture below, small black arrow (on the left) = Player #1. Red arrow = Team performance ratingLarge black arrow = Team index ID
attachment.php
Hey @ama1, my roster loads up as values when I try to change values of a team's overall rating. Should I change only in the edit work or decimal workbook?

Last edited by a moderator:
Change it in the decimal workbook, because the New Hex workbook is created by converting that book into hex.
The Edit book is just for changing the decimal values to text.

That site where you got those stats for teams, is it still lost in your memories? Been trying to find it. I took the 2016 stats to make overall ratings but doing it for europe teams will be different because they play more games

@ama1 it wasn't somewhere on ESPN was it ? I know they have a section for rugby players and they're stats I think.

Just an update, the roster is complete. Now need to tidy up the menu and competition files, otherwise it won't work. I will also need to look at how the string table ids work, because the new roster has more teams than the original roster and I've reassigned all the original string ids. Shouldn't be too far away from putting up the link, just doing what i can before and after work.

awesome work @ama1 . Looking forward to the release.

Just make sure that you are 100% sure everything works smoothly and double check it before you link it! :)

Latest posts