• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB has let TRF down

Hi guys,

That 3D grass wasn't enough, then? ;-) I hear you - we're as excited to get in your hands as you are to play it, believe me. Hours seem like days and days seem like years...

Know that work on the game continues apace and information will be forthcoming. Also know that we remain committed to dialogue with our community on TRF. This forum has had HB lurkers on it for years, and rest assured, that hasn't stopped. We'll get better at participating so that the dialogue is not so one sided. For now, we're focusing all of our attention on the game as our response to your feedback is best delivered to your console.

We've had a great round of positive feedback on the current build and we're looking forward to sharing announcements and early glimpses of the game with you in the weeks and months ahead.

Thanks for your emails and for your support.

Cheers,
A.

Top man AJ. Thanks for the update!

Hopefully this game will be made as soon as possible as i cant wait for the next rugby game to be released, been waiting for a few years now for another gppd rugby game.

Screenshots/videos loophole?

from what I understand the reason they can't show any of the game is because of issues regarding showing brand names (example: gilbert balls). couldn't they just make a video stripped of textures so we can see some very rough gameplay?

from what I understand the reason they can't show any of the game is because of issues regarding showing brand names (example: gilbert balls). couldn't they just make a video stripped of textures so we can see some very rough gameplay?

Would easily cost them time and effort to do that, which would be better implemented in getting the final stuff right.

Imagine, you would have to strip the balls of any resemblance to a brand, kit, player faces, stadium, crowd etc. Quite a bit.

Would easily cost them time and effort to do that, which would be better implemented in getting the final stuff right.

Imagine, you would have to strip the balls of any resemblance to a brand, kit, player faces, stadium, crowd etc. Quite a bit.

they don't have to strip anything, just use untextured models. Something like PES did with the dummies. But I agree that making a video now is irrelevant, probably they have to work a lot on the programming and details. It would be stupid to show a scrap of unfinished animation that would get a lot of criticism, because you will then have to convince everybody that the game won't look like that in the end...:D

Rugby Challenge is releasing screens and 'making of videos' very soon meaning the game would be releasing soon. Considering Sidhe is smaller than HB this is pretty shocking that HB can't even release info (any info!!!!!!!!!!).

Rugby Challenge is releasing screens and 'making of videos' very soon meaning the game would be releasing soon. Considering Sidhe is smaller than HB this is pretty shocking that HB can't even release info (any info!!!!!!!!!!).
HB have said that they're releasing things in the future too.

HB hasn't confirmed any licenses so they can't really show anything except unlicensed stuff. Like grass.

a3791snoop_dogg.jpg

Ya dig?

Lol, one eyed much?

What I got from that was "Unless you're a Kiwi you're not allowed to know anything about rugby"

It's a bloody lucky thing that a bunch of Canadians didn't develop the Fifa ***les. Fifas ace and Canadians know nothing about soccer.

Oh, wait...

Thanks for reading my post -- I appreciate it. And you're right, a lot of countries are as rugby-developed as New Zealand, but we're comparing a Tier 1 nation and a Tier 2 nation here. Regarding FIFA being ace, better be careful or you might ignite the Pro Evo fans on here!

If we're like that, New Zealand is a Tier 1 rugby nation but that didn't help Sidhe in that instance - RL was bloody awful!

Trust more in the developers themselves then the country they're based in.

On the Pro Evo thing - Japanese devlopers for a European and Latin American sport? ;)

The concept that a game might not be as good because of where the developers are based is utterly, utterly nonsensical.

Hah good point on Japan Pro Evo. Perhaps location won't play a big factor. But, @St Helens, I wouldn't call it "utterly nonsensical" as Sidhe is feeling additional pressure to "get the game right" due to the World Cup being in their very country just as the game is released (http://www.3news.co.nz/Game-developer-swaps-league-for-union/tabid/368/articleID/186432/Default.aspx).

Unfortunately I never played Rugby League, which admittedly is probably a big gap in my argument -- if Rugby League is awful then it follows that the same company's rugby union ***le might be awful as well. But, then again Rugby Challenge is an entirely different game from the ground up, so who knows.

@Duckdee: Yes, HES is based in Australia.

Hang on a second.

DMA Design, now Rockstar, made a game in Dundee, Scotland. It's a shocking place. By your logic, they aren't good enough to create the GTA series?

There's a better chance that the game designers in New Zealand grew up playing rugby than the ones in Canada, meaning they have more experience with the product they're creating and therefore may be able to provide a more accurate simulation of it. That's all I'm saying. Regardless, feel free to check out the post and you'll see that this was a minor point.

Now, regarding GTA being made in Scotland -- as someone who has never hijacked a car, I can't say whether it's an accurate simulation or not. Perhaps a Detroit or Cape Town based company would have done a better job. :D

There's a better chance that the game designers in New Zealand grew up playing rugby than the ones in Canada, meaning they have more experience with the product they're creating and therefore may be able to provide a more accurate simulation of it. That's all I'm saying. Regardless, feel free to check out the post and you'll see that this was a minor point.

Now, regarding GTA being made in Scotland -- as someone who has never hijacked a car, I can't say whether it's an accurate simulation or not. Perhaps a Detroit or Cape Town based company would have done a better job. :D

Absolute nonsense.

Why would a Detroit or Cape Town developer be any good at making a New York Simulator?

Maybe a developer based in a wooden shack the desert should have made Red Dead Redemption. Or some elves in a cave should have made World of Warcraft.

I can understand your point, but honestly, it's a very, very weak point.

Latest posts