• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB has let TRF down

There is 2 games? Sorry i am too lazy to read this whole thread, can someone explain?

Check the SIDHE sub-forum on this forum.

Note to others this sub-forum is for Rugby 2012 and for Rugby 2012 discussion only. Feel free to discuss SIDHE's version in its sub-forum.

Thats my point of view exactly. Im willing to look at both sides objectively, and lets be honest, im going to buy both games regardless. Im stoked that there are two options and they are both trying their best, thats why it grates on me when Bullit is so openly rude to one side. For someone of his stature here to be acting like that, it just doesn't seem right. Especially given that Mario is an active member of the forum..

But then again on further thought i guess thems the breaks when you have mods openly sharing opinions on a forum.. Ah well.

Really? I call ********.

To clarify on what Dan said, it's not Sidhe I dislike as so much the f*ing tosspots from their forum.

Really? I call ********.

To clarify on what Dan said, it's not Sidhe I dislike as so much the f*ing tosspots from their forum.

I'm on there.... I'm not a f*ing tosspot (at least i don't think haha :p).
In all seriousness, I don't get how theres so much hostility between posters regarding the games. Its only a game/s (famous last words) :D :D

I'm on there.... I'm not a f*ing tosspot (at least i don't think haha :p).
In all seriousness, I don't get how theres so much hostility between posters regarding the games. Its only a game/s (famous last words) :D :D

You know the one's I mean though! ;)

They've been turning up on here for donkeys years causing headaches for the staff. It's even worse now there's "competition" (even though 90% of people who buy one are likely to buy the other) so there's a fanboi rivalry as if it's a Playstation vs Xbox debate.

Of course TRF has a preference towards HB's product - We're in partnership with them over news releases and discussions. We don't discourage Sidhe related discussions, but like everything else on TRF we DO request it's done in the Sidhe games forum, not the Rugby 2012 forum.

And also when people decide to make things up and post it on TRF as if they're some HB insider (which is more common then you'd believe), we will call them out.

I for one don't have any time or tolerance for anyone who wants to paint TRF and its affiliated parties in a bad light. All of our staff have the same mindset.

yer totally get you dude :D :D I guess respect for you guys that run the show is needed. Theres banter and then there just rudeness (from some new users - not to generalise all to a few individuals) :D Keep up the good work

Hb make quality games let's just trust them and have a bit of patience. We've waited a few years we can wait a few months more , they announce it's coming out and then suddenly you give out to them for not telling you more when they didn't even have to tell you in the first place about the game so early

You know the one's I mean though! ;)

They've been turning up on here for donkeys years causing headaches for the staff. It's even worse now there's "competition" (even though 90% of people who buy one are likely to buy the other) so there's a fanboi rivalry as if it's a Playstation vs Xbox debate.

I take exception to labelling troublesome forum users here who also happen to use our forums as "Sidhe forum users". This is the Internet, Sidhe doesn't own the users, and even if we did no forum rivalry is ever encouraged or condoned.

If you have issues with people raising our games, making comparisons, or calling out HB for whatever reason, you can't put that on us nor classify it as behaviour typical of our forum goers. People do that all the time on our own forum in reverse, but I never label them as "f*ing tosspots" from TRF. People are people.

I take exception to labelling troublesome forum users here who also happen to use our forums as "Sidhe forum users". This is the Internet, Sidhe doesn't own the users, and even if we did no forum rivalry is ever encouraged or condoned.

If you have issues with people raising our games, making comparisons, or calling out HB for whatever reason, you can't put that on us nor classify it as behaviour typical of our forum goers. People do that all the time on our own forum in reverse, but I never label them as "f*ing tosspots" from TRF. People are people.

I agree with you on this Mario. Sidhe has absolutely no control over these peoples views and neither do they encourage any kind of slur towards this forum or their competing product. I've been on both forums myself and seen this to be true. The comments expressed on both forums are solely the impressions and thoughts of individuals. Their are indeed plenty of Rugby World Cup 2011 fans who feel that Sidhe may not make a decent rugby game and that they don't have the track record to produce the game-play quality of HB. These people do not receive foul language or tough talk from the Admin team on those forums.

If we want to be a professional forum we need to speak to people with less agitation in our statements.

I know the response will be to say "well they do use the Sidhe forums". Yes some do. That's not the point, we shouldn't be running down anyone else's forums. Let's just get on with it please. :D

That said it does seem of late in particular that Bullitt is more annoyed at the silly statements of particular forum members rather than the Sidhe forums themselves. Perhaps it was just badly worded.

What those two ^ above me said, lets just keep on giving the developers more constructive ideas and suggestions so that the games will be as good as it can be. No need for flaming wars or derogatory remarks by anyone. I'm certainly frothing at the mouth just thinking about how to spend my time with Rugby 2012 and Rugby Challenge when they do come out :)

That's funny, as Sidhe are just as welcome on TRF as HB.

It's just Bullitt that doesn't like SIDHE games, not the forum.

Whats funny is that Sidhe have probably made more posts on here over the past 12 months than HB have...

Whats funny is that Sidhe have probably made more posts on here over the past 12 months than HB have...

That may or not be true, but it makes it sound like one is a better developer than the other for doing so and that's not what we're all about. Sidhe have been very good throughout the development of their game, as have HB. Please believe that they do have the message from the fans that many feel more needs to be shown and preferably soon. They will show more of their hands as soon as it is possible for them to do so.

I would feel as an educated guess only that we shall all know more about this ***le within the next 30 days or so. There's a lot goes on that you and I most definitely don't hear about or see that makes the process of information release a regulated one, rest assured they are trying to get info out asap.

I'm sorry you do take exception Mario, but it's not a new phenomenon that regular users of the Sidhe boards will sign up here with a siege mentality, purely to offset and derail as much as possible before they either vanish or earn a trip to Coventry.

So if calling the select users of the Sidhe forum (or as I put it before "Sidhe forum users") "f*cking tosspots" for creating extra work for me and the rest of TRFs staff putting back and cleaning up the mess they create, I will do so. If what I said is taken the wrong way, that's not my problem.

Well, since the game is not coming out for at least another couple of months, I don't worry about it too much. Whether I see a weekly update, a monthly update or only 3 updates a year. It depends on what the game looks like. That is what matters to me. To be honest, I prefer not to see any previews because it will only makes me more eager and makes me want to buy the game even more.

I am sure the creators of the game will spend all their time making the game and it will be freaking nice to have a brand new rugby game anyway. We still have 4 months to go until the release. I will use that time watching rugby matches in stead of going crazy over an update.

I'm sorry you do take exception Mario, but it's not a new phenomenon that regular users of the Sidhe boards will sign up here with a siege mentality, purely to offset and derail as much as possible before they either vanish or earn a trip to Coventry.

So if calling the select users of the Sidhe forum (or as I put it before "Sidhe forum users") "f*cking tosspots" for creating extra work for me and the rest of TRFs staff putting back and cleaning up the mess they create, I will do so. If what I said is taken the wrong way, that's not my problem.

I'm annoyed about this now as a couple of weeks ago I put up a post just comparing the licences of the two games and what more they could offer and I was told I was reverting to fanboism and I was quite nice about it. Now after seeing your one eyed completely ignorant to facts, post all I can say is, F***ING HYPOCRITE. It seems you make a rule but then excuse yourself from it.

And for the record I signed up to TRF before Sidhe forums it was not until I was aware Sidhe had a forum for their game that I signed up. So calling 'Sidhe forum users' f*cking tosspots you are also calling people using TRF f*ucking tosspots if they use both. Because I don't think anyone has a mentality if wanting to purely disrupt the forum, they just wish to put in their 2 cents on a topic, so your post is pretty much redundant. You say it plainly and people take it the way you intend its your problem because you have maliciously offended them

Last edited:

You miss the point entirely. If people are posting here as well as on forums in whatever capacity, then they are just as much "TRF forum users" as they are "Sidhe forum users". Your position is the only one I blatantly see trying to create "us" versus "them" animosity by trying to label disruptive users in such a way.

I only signed up to TRF when I heard about Rugby 2012 (RWC 2011), and I only signed up to the Sidhe forums when I heard about Rugby Challenge... Why all the animosity??? I haven't read a post that sounded like someone trying to 'de-rail' what you guys are trying to do. Most people want both these ***les to be awesome!!! And to call us a bunch "f*cling tosspots" is pretty poor practice. All I want is to get the latest updates on the new games and I don't wanna have to scroll through pages of arguing (especially from moderators) to find out there hasn't been an update yet.

Anyhow, I'm still looking forward to the game and can't wait for the next announcements. :)

I only signed up to TRF when I heard about Rugby 2012 (RWC 2011), and I only signed up to the Sidhe forums when I heard about Rugby Challenge... Why all the animosity??? I haven't read a post that sounded like someone trying to 'de-rail' what you guys are trying to do. Most people want both these ***les to be awesome!!! And to call us a bunch "f*cling tosspots" is pretty poor practice. All I want is to get the latest updates on the new games and I don't wanna have to scroll through pages of arguing (especially from moderators) to find out there hasn't been an update yet.

Anyhow, I'm still looking forward to the game and can't wait for the next announcements. :)

You my good sir are a model forumer (thats what we call ourselves right?)

Latest posts