9-yachvili - biarritz
10-penuad - stade
11-mark jones - scarlets
12-trevor halstead - munster
13-yauzion - tolouse
14-cueto - sale
15-g.murphy - tigers

Thanks for the in-depth answer.

Why would you possibly pick Martin Madden? Especially ahead of the likes of Sheridan.

argh god this lets bum sheridan bandwagon is fast becoming boring - he has not done anything specail in the HEC whereas madden as stole some key ball made hard yards and scored againt tolouse.

O'Connell only played two games and halstead has been mediocre. No Leinster players? Any one of the backline should be included in such a team.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 23 2006, 08:33 PM
argh god this lets bum sheridan bandwagon is fast becoming boring - he has not done anything specail in the HEC whereas madden as stole some key ball made hard yards and scored againt tolouse.
What bandwagon? He's a player who impacts on games.

Scoring against Toulouse doesn't make you a wonderful player, Madden is a very ordinary club level prop.

Well this is the team I'm choose.

1. Sheridan
2. Mears
3. de Villiers
4. Pelous
5. Grewcock
6. Harinoroduy
7. Nyanga
8. Corry

9. Ellissade
10. Contepomi
11. Varndell
12. Halstead
13. O'Driscoll - based mainly on the Leinster match yesterday - he was amazing!
14. Cueto
15. Geordan Murphy

Sorry for my limited knowledge of non English players, so probably everyone else will choose someone different.

Coco

Originally posted by loratadine@Jan 23 2006, 09:51 PM
its my opinion - back off
The number of people picking holes in it shows that a number of the selections are flawed.

but its my opinion - the only selection i would change on further inspection is penaud for contepomi - but not sheridan as hes played **** in the hec. hes more suited to acting in rocky 6

One day, maybe in a galaxy far far away.

Anyway my real problem with your team was the selection of Penaud, Conters has been awesome for Leinster, top try scorer in the competition, top points scorer, just top class.

I'd also have Varndell and Clerc on the wings as well, both have done well. D'Arcy has been the best out of the Irish centres though. Also O'Kelly and Gleeson have been superb. Having not seen all the games, I couldn't make a full team but can point out the class performances that there have been from these players.

But as has been said, these are only opinions.

Originally posted by Coco@Jan 23 2006, 09:22 PM

1. Sheridan
2. Mears
3. de Villiers
4. Pelous
5. Grewcock
6. Harinoroduy
7. Nyanga
8. Corry

9. Ellissade
10. Contepomi
11. Varndell
12. Halstead
14. Cueto
15. Geordan Murphy

Sorry for my limited knowledge of non English players, so probably everyone else will choose someone different.

Coco
Well if you lack knowledge about non English players this is not reflected by the team you selected, 5 Frencg , 2 Irish and 1 Argentinian players so more than 50% of your team, that's not bad.

Originally posted by DonBilly+Jan 23 2006, 11:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Jan 23 2006, 11:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Coco
@Jan 23 2006, 09:22 PM

1. Sheridan
2. Mears
3. de Villiers
4. Pelous
5. Grewcock
6. Harinoroduy
7. Nyanga
8. Corry

9. Ellissade
10. Contepomi
11. Varndell
12. Halstead
14. Cueto
15. Geordan Murphy

Coco
Well if you lack knowledge about non English players this is not reflected by the team you selected, 5 Frencg , 2 Irish and 1 Argentinian players so more than 50% of your team, that's not bad. [/b]
Yeah well I'm sure that there are lots more talented non-English players, but I just haven't seen or watched them much, if you see what I mean.

Coco

Latest posts