• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup Quarter Final: Munster v Ulster - 08/04/2012

So it took 30 minutes or so for Munster to find the ground. Ulster need to re start like they did 1st half

The try has obviously kick started Munster. If Ulster can hold out Munster for the first 10 mins or so then the game is Ulsters. If not then it could well be Munsters.

iHumphs responds well to criticism.

Needless penalty and card to give away from Henry.
Hardly he is one of the Ulster players not playing well. As for Gilroy "basically giving the finger" Zebo had to sprint across to make a tackle that should have been made by three others. I can't really blame him for that

Hardly he is one of the Ulster players not playing well. As for Gilroy "basically giving the finger" Zebo had to sprint across to make a tackle that should have been made by three others. I can't really blame him for that

Said after the drop goal.

Zebo's attempt was woeful and it was more about Gilroy showing he's the wing people should be talking about.

Historic win for Ulster. I'm backing them to win their semi-final.

Also how big an idiot is Barnes "Afoa's tackle count got bigger as the game went on" that's the way it works Stuart.

Last edited:
lol silly ROG change of direction is for when theres space :p

Sweet jesus. What a game.

Munster, so unlucky, they made us defend for our lives there. Threw everything. Credit to the men in red.

Said after the drop goal.

Zebo's attempt was woeful and it was more about Gilroy showing he's the wing people should be talking about.

They both are. I'm really pleased for Gilroy, I think people had got blase about his ability, his balance and change of direction is insane and he's just reminded the world of that. But Zebo's some talent and didn't do a lot wrong today.

Last edited:
Playing injured he's ridiculously good. We seem to produce a lot of player's who despite being very talented their greatest attribute is determination. People like Ferris and PO'C embody this.

Stunning game. Absolutely brilliant. Great passion from both sides and while I think Ulster are far superior to Munster, the Turnip Munchers showed that they've still got all the passion and drive that we've come to expect from them over the years.

For Ulster this season has really been a statement of intent. Having hammered Leicester, beaten Clermont and won in Limerick, it would surprise no one to see them lift the trophy in the summer.

This weekend has once again convinced me that Declan Kidney is an absolute moron. Having seen the performances Healy, Sexton, Heaslip, Ferris, Gilroy, Cave & O'Connell put in this weekend it's beggar's belief that we're so poor internationally.

Will rant later but fair play to Ulster. Can I just say I thought Poite was a disgrace but Ulster deserved win and I not putting blame on ref because better team won. We have a lot of soul searching to do and well this is a serious crossroads for Munster.
Ulster did what they had to do and Piennar kicked some bombs in first half and wish them best of luck in tournament.

Maybe this is being overly dramatic but I think this result emphasises the power shift in Irish rugby which has been brewing for two years. Munster are now the third strongest team behind Leinster and Ulster.

Great result for Ulster. Their starting XV is as strong as any other in the competition with one exception- their flyhalf. Luckily for them, Ruan Pienaar and Paddy Wallace pick up a lot of slack in terms of game management so a poor Ian Humphreys performance is often minimized in terms of negative impact on their team.

Latest posts