• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Heineken Cup talks "have now ended"

Six nations released a statement saying talks are going well. Looks like sense might prevail thankfully. English and French clubs look like getting their demands met. To be honest i think most of which were reasonable.

That'd be a terrible deal for the fans: Having to shell out twice as much money to see all of the games AND being subjected to Stuart Barnes.

Think part of the deal must include the full removal of anyone with a surname of Barnes from having any involvment in either the games or the broadcasting.

Think part of the deal must include the full removal of anyone with a surname of Barnes from having any involvment in either the games or the broadcasting.
Yes, yes, 100 times yes!

I can accept any compromise as long as those bozos are removed from the equation.

Funny how all you Poms stuck up for Wayne in 2007. What happened guys?

Funny how all you Poms stuck up for Wayne in 2007. What happened guys?

I think for the last season in particular, I think Wayne Barnes is becoming a better quality official. Hopefully he can continue and eventually lose the past mistakes.

However Stuart Barnes should be barred from every rugby pundit opportunity there is. BTs Rugby Tonight programme may be a bit cringeworthy at times. But I am happy to watch it, and miss the exaggerated hyperbole of Barnes and Sky.

In NZ during 2011 World Cup. Sky Sports News were interviewing myself and my wife after a pool match. They asked us to wait whilst they sorted Stuart Barnes out for his interview following ours. My wife said please don't let him meet Stuart Barnes, he might hit him. Oh so close, so close

That'd be a terrible deal for the fans: Having to shell out twice as much money to see all of the games AND being subjected to Stuart Barnes.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'd much rather listen to Barnes than Jonathan Davies to be honest, his high pitched voice was not meant for commentating.

At least Barnes analyses the game, albeit pretty pointless and obvious things. All Davies does however is whinge, moan and shout stupid things like numbers, it's on etc...

Barnes isn't so bad - he's just a bit of a contrarian and Sky's designated "controversy" merchant.

The real **** is Dewi Morris who is possibly the worst analyst I have ever heard comment on the game.

Agree Sky commentators can be a bit annoying but I prefer their overall coverage compared to BT

Overall Sky definitely have better analysis... BT actually have barely any real analysis.

I don't think either are particularly good though.
So many of the personalities involved in British (English, at least) rugby broadcasting fail to inspire much confidence in their knowledge or understanding of the game.

Overall Sky definitely have better analysis... BT actually have barely any real analysis.

I don't think either are particularly good though.
So many of the personalities involved in British (English, at least) rugby broadcasting fail to inspire much confidence in their knowledge or understanding of the game.

Been honest I enjoy guys like Greenwood Quinlan Shane Horgan and guys who are fresh out of game and give a great insight in different teams preparations. But again I'd hope BT aren't involved I hate Healy and Lawrence is poor too. Ben Kay is ok but they're commentary as a whole is as bad just they haven't been as widely broadcast as Sky have yet

There are quality guys out there, but for every good guy you have an utter invalid like Dawson or Morris.
Even the quality guys mostly seem quite amateurish.

Shaggy's tendency to shout at the mic is something I find amusing, Quinny I like I duno wheater its just the way he speak or what hes actually saying theres just something I like about him. Greewood is the best of the lot IMO, brings good analysis.

I'd love for BT Sport to nab Greenwood.

As long as they stear clear of "LEG DRIVE" Vickery we're good :p

Shaggy's tendency to shout at the mic is something I find amusing, Quinny I like I duno wheater its just the way he speak or what hes actually saying theres just something I like about him. Greewood is the best of the lot IMO, brings good analysis.

Shaggy at times isn't a great speaker but always has very good analysis of back play and different runs and reasons for them etc. regards for every good there's a bad we know sure Frankie Sheehan and in my eyes Keith Wood are 2

I always liked hearing from Paul Wallace too. More from him please...

Shame there is no Dean Ryan from his darkened cave anymore

Latest posts