• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

if wayne pivac gets sacked in 2021 since hes not done well so far who should be the next wales coach

Options for the next wales coach

• Paul Gustard

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Dean Richards

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • john mckee

• John Mulvihill

• dai young

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Robbie Deans

• todd blackadder

• pat lam

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • mark jones

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If he loses to England, will the knives be out do you think? Or does that not matter so much now that he's got a couple of wins in his pocket?

Not that I'm saying he will lose to England, of course, just curious how important the game is for Pivac right now.

There will be a lot of unhappy people (always is when Wales lose, especially to England) and some probably calling for his head but those two wins, however lucky etc. has given him enough credit in the bank to see out the 6 nations now. A defeat to Italy could change this though.

There will be a lot of unhappy people (always is when Wales lose, especially to England) and some probably calling for his head but those two wins, however lucky etc. has given him enough credit in the bank to see out the 6 nations now. A defeat to Italy could change this though.
Good to know.

There's no way they lose to Italy. The Italians are even poorer than usual this year. Beat England and Wales go to Paris looking for a Slam. That would definitely keep Pivac's job! :)

Tbh, that's a crazy prospect. If we lose to England it may be viewed differently depending on what approach he takes to selection.

If he plays safe with the likes or Halfpenny, Biggar and Davies and we have another lackluster performance and loss I think the knives could be out again in some quarters.

However critics may give him a little more leniency if he picks the form players but still lose.

I certainly would anyway. Repeating the same selection mistakes as vs Scotland shouldn't be done, unless he get's a reaction from those players, in which case I'll eat some humble pie.

Latest posts