• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Junior World Championship

Well it makes sense, a country with so many more players to choose from on top of the very best schools competition in the world would have to start as favorites right?

My prediction was based on the game vs Australia, I had a sneak feeling they would improve from that game. All cred due to the tight 8 of the baby blacks though

Well it makes sense, a country with so many more players to choose from on top of the very best schools competition in the world would have to start as favorites right?

You are quite the bitter one aren't you?
The South Africans gave their opinion, you gave your opinion, it is unlikely that anyones opinion is going change, especailly through internet debate.
Btw, as pointed earlier, the Baby boks have a major handicap in the quota policy, so this match has little impact on the arguement/debate.

You are quite the bitter one aren't you?
The South Africans gave their opinion, you gave your opinion, it is unlikely that anyones opinion is going change, especailly through internet debate.
Btw, as pointed earlier, the Baby boks have a major handicap in the quota policy, so this match has little impact on the arguement/debate.

Now who's the bitter one ;)

At the end of the day SA were beaten by NZ, and quite thoroughly, that's all that matters.

Anyone watching England vs SA?

Eng is going great right now, their forwards are demolishing the BB's, it's currently 19 - 12 @ half-time.

Can't believe England lost to SA! Didn't deserve that, England played much better imo!

5 - 3 now (to NZ)

Last edited:
15-3 now (17 mins gone). NZ are getting some amazingly fast ruck ball!

The way NZ are playing i keep havnig to remind myself it's not 7s!
They get the ball out the ruck so quickly, and find so much space.
Their offloading is superb as well

Just ran in another try while i was typing this
22-3

Final score - 62 NZ - 17 Australia

Great stuff from our boys, dominating performance.

Baby Blacks JIRB World Champs for the 3rd time in a row, once again.

Can't believe England lost to SA! Didn't deserve that, England played much better imo!

5 - 3 now (to NZ)

Really? Too many handling errors and missed tackles for my liking, Homer and Wade in particular need to put some time in on training.

Jamie Gibson might go to the World Cup. I have that feeling.

Well that was a trashing. I don't think Australia were 50 odd points worse than us, very unlucky, the NZ forwards just looked so well drilled and blew them off the park. Dave Rennie should surely be up for higher honours, hes my pick for AB coach after Henry leaves.

Thats 3 unbeaten years, its not getting any better next year there is some bloody awesome players coming through.
-The top try scorer in Manawatu club rugby for the last 2 years (Scoring more than the likes of Kurt Baker, Andre Taylor, Cruden etc) is up for NZ under 20 selection next year.
-There is another awesome 1st 5 coming through by the name of Lima Sopoagaga, hes killing it right now in the Wellington club competition, hes another Cruden type player that can tear apart defenses with ball in hand.
-NZ sevens rep Beuden Barret will be vying for that 1st 5 spot, one of them him and Lima will have to move positions though because they are both too good for the bench
-The best flanker i have ever personally seen is in next years team, his name is Heiden Bedwell-Curtis and he is a dead ringer for a quicker Richie McCaw on the paddock.

Theres still a couple more outstanding players too. I would put my house on another unbeaten year in 2011 actually.

Latest posts