• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB player of the year nominees...

Indeed but if only atleast half the Italian team was actually from Italy then we could say they are progressing. So far they've just demonstrated their poaching skill

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 29 2008, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
in the couldron of Argentina.[/b]

You spelt cauldron wrong.

_D_anonib.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Sep 29 2008, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Indeed but if only atleast half the Italian team was actually from Italy then we could say they are progressing. So far they've just demonstrated their poaching skill[/b]

Progress is progress though. Some of the vital cogs (Masi, Marcato, the Bergamasco brothers, Festuccia, etc) of that Italian team are Italian so Italians are playing in that team and making sizable, game changing contributions. But there are a lot of imports. And if you believe what Nick Mallett was saying it could have been more. He had his eye on a few South Africans with Italian connections which he wanted to bring up north. However the Italians have called a halt apparently, they know they're at the stage where imports can only take them so far and now they need to start backing their domestic game to bring home the bacon and start developing more Italian talent. I'd say theres also a political dimension as well although I don't really want to comment on that. Even if they have to go across to France, England and Ireland to ply their trade, thats better than importing another foreigner.

They still beat Argentina though, them and Scotland...

LOL @ Speedy :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Sep 29 2008, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Being a bit picky today then Speedy (did you check every letter of that post before posting?)[/b]
It's an inside joke between me and Prestwick - if he's sharp enough to get it, at least - I'm pretty sure that giant modification of the 'awesome' smiley made it obvious I was joking. ;)
Or were you joking then? If so, then :eek: @ you!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RVbhsKD_YeI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RVbhsKD_YeI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:huh: Well that was random. Can't say I expected any less though - I have no idea how you found that video. :lol:

I think Jean de Villiers should've been nominated, that said he got ran over by Mortlock and did pass that ball into the hands of Mealamu.

nah it's ok, Ripper's just about about vanished since all this 'shane=best in world' buisness. He's a witch out of wizard of Oz, where shane's the water.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 6 2008, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But Shane Williams is **** as Ripper has PROVEN time and time again! ;)[/b]

Let us disregard the evidence on the field and instead praise the evidence produced in Ripper's top secret lab in New Zealand!

Latest posts