• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB to consider eight point tries and interchange at international think tank

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26955371-23217,00.html
Similarly, there is a cause-and-effect issue to be evaluated before rugby moves to a league-style interchange. Rugby promotes itself as a game for all shapes and sizes but if bigger players are able to take periodic breathers on the sideline, it may lessen the impact of smaller, nimbler players.

League style interchange would ruin it i think. i like how the current system works and it will make it easier on the bigger players etc. the dynamics of the game will change drastically.

Really there are much more importaint things for them to consider at the moment. They should be seriously considering stopping the clock for the scrum, for example. Obviously there is an underlying issue which means that the scrums are taking longer than they should, but why not avoid losing 5+ minutes every game, at least until they figure out how to fix it..

I agree there are more important things to discuss and implement than changing the points system. Like a global season.

I agree there are more important things to discuss and implement than changing the points system. Like a global season.

i hear their thinking about how to arrange the Heinekin Cup winners to play the Super 14 winners. That would be huge if they could make it happen!

Latest posts