• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Women's World Cup 2014

That game was insane. I know a lot of people thought Canada was the underdog, but never figured that was the case. Well done ladies! Time for our women to make rugby history and win the Women's World Cup!

Can't say enough about Harvey, Paquin, and Russell!

That game was insane. I know a lot of people thought Canada was the underdog, but never figured that was the case. Well done ladies! Time for our women to make rugby history and win the Women's World Cup!

Understand and share your enthusiasm but win the RWC? Really...............looking forward to it already!!

Congrats mate, they were excellent.

Am at the final so will be cheering against you guys I'm afraid but that was a hell of a game.

awww, disappointing for the girls...they kept telling the media how they were surprised about all the coverage they were getting and how new it was all of France was behind them...they were virtually all crying at the end, I'm sure they were all thinking this was it, they were playing so well and dominant and being at home, this was their Cup. They thought they'd be world champs...

Those opening 8 minutes of the 2nd H killed us. I believed the whole way, but starting off 6-18 is tough as hell. Sandrine Agricole is excellent with touches, can throw good passes but can be way off there too, and my goodness, her goal kicking is a disaster. I'm not holding her responsible, and at the end of the day the better team won; they destroyed our scrum for 50min, played better with their backs, were better with their back three, kicked tactically better, made their penalty kicks, defended well, and were very solid at the breakdown despite France's intensity.

So it's a rematch of Canada England which we saw draw just some days ago...I wanted France Ireland, and we're getting that...but as the Bronze medal matchup :p
I really wanted France to unleash their backline a little more, I was so pleased with what they did during the first two games, and thought they'd deploy it again in this game against Canada, but looked to be too conservative and play up front and pick up scrappy points. Scrum didn't work this time, and we could've been a little more precise although seriously well done girls...
My tackling sweetheart Mayans was her usual self, one of the rare ones lucid and without tears at the end to answer the interviewer's question fresh off the loss.
The only Québécoise on the floor had to be injured (think she's the only one) ! But it felt good seeing her so happy with her team winning ultimately despite the knee.
And that Magali Harvey chick, what a pretty little girlie bundle of Rugby.

So in conclusion, fk you Canada, I fkn hate you. Like, badly. And I hope you tie again against England in the final so nobody wins the Cup......YES I KNOW THERE'S EXTRA TIME !!!!!!

Catherine Spencer, wholly inappropriate comments about England vs Canada.

Nonsense...she said that the Canadians, judging by their crying reaction to the win, saw this as their final and that the English, seeing it from experience as another step, would be mentally more attuned to win the final...indeed, I think she said they had already won it!

Pure enthusiasm but the English team will already be getting themselves set for the final not envisaging collecting the cup!

The only Québécoise on the floor had to be injured (think she's the only one) !

Paquin et Harvey sont Québécoise aussi! J'suis certain qu'il y en a plusier mais j'ai oublié tous leurs noms...

Paquin et Harvey sont Québécoise aussi! J'suis certain qu'il y en a plusier mais j'ai oublié tous leurs noms...

T'es-tu Québéquoaahh toi sti d'calinn' ?? Lived in Montréal a couple of years, love the ppl there. Certainly not the stressed out assholes we get here...
Nah, I bet you're one of those regular Canadians but who picked up French at school or smt like this ?

Oh btw, I'm like, super angry and stuff...I despite Canada with all of my left index finger, feel my wrath. Rarrr...when's the next time France plays Canada ?!! (men)
That's really cool the women's team has a few Québécoises. I know for a fact some of the women there are pretty rough !! :D
I was always hoping to see some Québécois amongst the men's Canadian Rugby team, but it never seemed to happen...it's just WAYYYYYY not in the culture in Québec, they're all about hockey, yeah, hockey.......and weed smoking. I count it as a sport, the way we do it over there. Shieeeeeeeet...

Hey anybody know Magali Harvey's ethnic background ? I'm guessing Indian (like, from India), although they said on French TV one of her parents had smt to do with Montreal I think..

Nonsense...she said that the Canadians, judging by their crying reaction to the win, saw this as their final and that the English, seeing it from experience as another step, would be mentally more attuned to win the final...indeed, I think she said they had already won it!

Pure enthusiasm but the English team will already be getting themselves set for the final not envisaging collecting the cup!

I don't disagree but the timing was real insensitive.

Haven't Canada played England already?

no I don't think so...I find that question a little bit suspect in fact. And violent. I'm not sure I appreciate your tone there...do you want some coca cola candy by any chance ?

Yes. Pool game, it was a draw.

well, of course it was a draw GN10, that goes without saying ! All pool games are draws, that's how the RWC system works !...

no I don't think so...I find that question a little bit suspect in fact. And violent. I'm not sure I appreciate your tone there...do you want some coca cola candy by any chance ?

well, of course it was a draw GN10, that goes without saying ! All pool games are draws, that's how the RWC system works !...

Big E ... Quit your jibber jabba. Or else I will find you and I will destroy you ..... Sucka

Latest posts