• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Women's World Cup 2014

Just bring it I've 1 carrot, 2 spuds and can of Dutch gold. All I need  bring what you got and I'll give the ass wuppin' but hurry I've to go badminton training 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit impressed, but courage was never a thing I lacked. I can't fight you right now though as I ate a pizza earlier tonight, and I'm sensitive to gluten and white flower and I think it upset my stomach a little bit and not even my mom's tummy kisses worked, so I'm obviously completely debilitated and powerless atm. But don't take this as weakness, miscreant, huh, you'd be a monumental fool to.

:) absolutely stoked. I'm so proud of the girls right now I cant describe it.

Big Ewis...

There are quite a few Québécois' on the team.

LH Prop Marie-Pier Pinault-Reid, (Club de Rugby Quebec) Quebec City, QC
Lock Latoya Blackwood, (St. Anne de Bellevue) Montreal, QC
Flanker Karen Paquin, (Club de Rugby Quebec) Quebec City, QC
Scrum Half Stephanie Bernier, (Club de Rugby Quebec) Quebec City, QC
Winger Magali Harvey, (Club de Rugby Quebec) Quebec City, QC
Fullback Elissa Alarie, (Ste-Anne-de-Bellevue Rugby Club) Trois-Rivieres, QC​

Most of them live and train in BC now but they are definitely Quebecois

AND

Head coach Francios Ratier is from Montreal.​

^ cool, thanks man ! Elissa Alarie is from Trois-Rivières ?! haaaa, I've got family from there ! Lovely little town...it is very little though I reckon.
Of course looking at your avatar, I'm reminded Jamie Cudmore too is Québéco...oh sorry, I meant French.

so will all the French now support Canada (french connection etc...) or will they just sulk and not bother turning up at the Final and play games?

so will all the French now support Canada (french connection etc...) or will they just sulk and not bother turning up at the Final and play games?

you mean on this forum ? Well generally I don't think France will be behind England in any final ! :p but personally, mmm I kinda wish both teams success as they're both really good. Part of me wants Canada to win, not so much the Québécois thing but I usually like to support Canada anyways, always have, and I don't so much have a history of doing that for England although I'm not against England winning this, I think they deserve it in theory.
I usually hate it when arrogant teams win, and then if their fans are arrogant too, it's just awful. But I don't think England (women) are all that arrogant, and I don't think the fans are going to be as annoying as when England (men) wins something, so yeah, let the best man, err, woman win.

I do think on a less personal level, it would be a good thing Canada wins because it may open doors for them, wake up the population to Rugby a tad more, that sorta thing...

...I do think on a less personal level, it would be a good thing Canada wins because it may open doors for them, wake up the population to Rugby a tad more, that sorta thing...

You will be getting yourself a reputation for actually writing meaningful stuff with which most people would agree......you sickening for something?!!!!!!

You will be getting yourself a reputation for actually writing meaningful stuff with which most people would agree......you sickening for something?!!!!!!

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.", Edgar Allan Poe.

^ cool, thanks man ! Elissa Alarie is from Trois-Rivières ?! haaaa, I've got family from there ! Lovely little town...it is very little though I reckon.
Of course looking at your avatar, I'm reminded Jamie Cudmore too is Québéco...oh sorry, I meant French.

Actually Jamie is from Squamish BC. Definitely not Quebec... Sorry.

Actually Jamie is from Squamish BC. Definitely not Quebec... Sorry.

no no I know he's not from Québec, everybody knows that. He's French. We just lend him back to you for int'ls, because you know, int'l laws and crap...but he's a citizen of Clermont now.

no no I know he's not from Québec, everybody knows that. He's French. We just lend him back to you for int'ls, because you know, int'l laws and crap...but he's a citizen of Clermont now.

Either way he's a prick

Leave Cuddles out of it! It's all about our ladies!

This could go a lot for women's rugby, although it's doing quite well here. Both my high school and current club have more girls than boys playing. Probably cus not as many play hockey or football.

Exciting final so far, with a hint of nerves for both sides finishing hasn't quite been there.

man, England doesn't look like they're going to lose this.

They've certainly been the better team, in fact Canada is probably lucky to be only down 11-3 at half time. That penalty at the end of the half gives me some hope but it really feels like we are going to need a lucky try under the posts or something to get back into this. We haven't had nearly enough possession and some of the passing has been a little bit nervous/forced.

They've certainly been the better team, in fact Canada is probably lucky to be only down 11-3 at half time. That penalty at the end of the half gives me some hope but it really feels like we are going to need a lucky try under the posts or something to get back into this. We haven't had nearly enough possession and some of the passing has been a little bit nervous/forced.

In addition to nervous passing, our kicking has looked a bit aimless too. We need to retain possession.

Latest posts