• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Squad Announced

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Nov 4 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Nov 4 2009, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no way in their right minds would Smal and Kiss leave the Irish setup before the world cup unless there's a monumental slump in form and they certainly wouldn't do so to go to a development side especially when both Leinster and Munster jobs could well be available as well.[/b]

Less and Kiss can stay inb the irish setup and train connaught as alan gaffney does with leinster and ireland.I believe that Goerge Hook as still something to prove at coaching level and he would be brilliant in the afertmatch interviews
[/b][/quote]

Ha :D Just when Leinster really start to fulfil potential they could appoint Bradley :lol: :lol: (Major set-back)

As for Connacht this is a really big cross-road for them. They can transform into a team challenging regularly for H'Cup spot if they get fresh ideas and players in and build or just rot away.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 4 2009, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
And Les Kiss and Gert Small were brought in as Defensive and Forwards Coaches so I don't see them moving from the Ireland Set-Up.[/b]
I know Gert Smal is definately eyeing a head coach role. One of the reasons he came up here was to put himself in the window for a job like that. I remember quite clearly reading that in an interview.

However I doubt he'd move until after the WC.

and if Connacht end up with George Hook as head coach (absolutely no chance he'd give up his Newstalk salary) I'd join those wanting to see the IRFU end Connacht.

connaught should go for a big signing why not morgan turunui from the Reds or Todd Clever from the golden lions

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seanAF @ Nov 4 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
connaught should go for a big signing why not morgan turunui from the Reds or Todd Clever from the golden lions[/b]

Goddamn, would those count as big signings? Two very average players from the 2 worst teams in the S14.

They'd be gods out west. That said, 0 chance of a big name signing for Connacht.

Looking at SA for good talent for Conacht is a good start, though as there are plenty of quality players even if they aren't test quality and the Rand isn't the strongest currency in the world. Best bet is to look at the poorer SA unions and they could lure players away from the Cheetahs and Lions as well. There are lots of Lions players looking for greener pastures as there is lots of hard feelings there at the mo which started before the B&I Lions ran them riot. They don't have depth at all and some very **** players but they have 3 or 4 guys that are test material.

Ah but Connacht must one of the least attractive clubs in Europe. Sure, Galway itself is an absolutely brilliant town but they have no money, **** all supporters and little hope of getting into the Heineken cup by themselves, that is to say without one of the other Irish provinces winning it.

If they could manage 300k pounds for a player per year they can get way better than Turinui or Clever in SA if they get a sharp agent/scout.

this is what connaught can afford for the moment.they can hope form more if the irfu invests cash in to the province

Latest posts